Zach says quit the booing!!!!

overtime98

This is exactly why I always say!! I agree with Zach!!! thank you Zach for echoing my words!!!!

And the left winger didn’t appreciate boos from the sellout crowd Saturday night.

“It’s not the power play’s fault every game we lose,” Parise said. “Everyone wants to point a finger. We didn’t score 5-on-5, either.

“We get booed every time we’re on the power play. I think it’s very unreasonable. We’re trying our best out there. It’s frustrating . They clear the puck and we get booed. I’m getting sick of talking about it. I thought our power play was good. We didn’t score, but that’s not the reason we lost.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/03/booing_of_devils_power_play_an.html

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach is more and more becoming the voice of this team and there is no doubt that he is our Future Captain. It hurts if Zach thinks it's directed at him. There isn't a harder working, more determined, 100% effort every minute player in the NHL. I have never seen the guy take even a shift off in the years he's been here.

Normally, I'd say tough sh*t as its the Devils themselves who can control the fans booing by connecting on one or two. But, out of respect to the one guy in the NHL I respect more than any other, it's only cheers and support from this Devils' fan from here on out. Captain Parise.. I'm onboard.

This is exactly why I always say!! I agree with Zach!!! thank you Zach for echoing my words!!!!

And the left winger didn’t appreciate boos from the sellout crowd Saturday night.

“It’s not the power play’s fault every game we lose,” Parise said. “Everyone wants to point a finger. We didn’t score 5-on-5, either.

“We get booed every time we’re on the power play. I think it’s very unreasonable. We’re trying our best out there. It’s frustrating . They clear the puck and we get booed. I’m getting sick of talking about it. I thought our power play was good. We didn’t score, but that’s not the reason we lost.”

+10000

Seriously, it's like they're supposed to be gods instead of humans. It's great to expect excellence from your team, but keep in mind there'll be droughts and bad nights. It comes with being a human athlete. The way to get by it is support your team no matter what they do, not be a frontrunner when they're doing well, and disassociate from them when they suck.

Oh please, the power play's been awful for two months and the crowd's been remarkably patient until now. Crowd support isn't the reason they're struggling on the PP.

It still serves no purpose and no doubt makes it worse. Have you ever hear of home ice advantage and playing on the road?

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I found the booing a bit strange too. All the powerplays went very well. They gained the zone with ease, and created space between them and the defenders with ease as well. That all lead to some quality shots, the devs just didn't get the bounces. It was a game they deserved to win, or at least take to OT.

I don't have a single solitary bad word to say about Zach Parise. The guy is everything you could want in a player: a tireless hard worker who not only possesses great talent, but works his ass off every shift to get the most out of it. He's a born leader and will hopefully be a Devil lifer.

Having said that, Zach has to understand where the fans are coming from here. This team is 10-14-3 in their last 27 games, and has managed to lose games to the worst teams in each conference during that stretch. At times they've looked unmotivated and disinterested, and at other times they've been flat-out stupid. Kovalchuk hasn't come close to living up to the hype, and just like the 10-14-3 record suggests, too many players who are expected to produce simply aren't.

Does booing help? No, probably not. And just like players aren't perfect, fans aren't either. But this is coming from more than the power play not working...this is coming from frustrated fans who fear another first-round exit is coming, and who have seen this team falter down the stretch before. If the Devils win their next two home games, the booing will stop. Simple as that.

I don't have a single solitary bad word to say about Zach Parise. The guy is everything you could want in a player: a tireless hard worker who not only possesses great talent, but works his ass off every shift to get the most out of it. He's a born leader and will hopefully be a Devil lifer.

Having said that, Zach has to understand where the fans are coming from here. This team is 10-14-3 in their last 27 games, and has managed to lose games to the worst teams in each conference during that stretch. At times they've looked unmotivated and disinterested, and at other times they've been flat-out stupid. Kovalchuk hasn't come close to living up to the hype, and just like the 10-14-3 record suggests, too many players who are expected to produce simply aren't.

Does booing help? No, probably not. And just like players aren't perfect, fans aren't either. But this is coming from more than the power play not working...this is coming from frustrated fans who fear another first-round exit is coming, and who have seen this team falter down the stretch before. If the Devils win their next two home games, the booing will stop. Simple as that.

Right on CR, I couldn't have said it any better. The fans are frustrated on a couple of different fronts right now. Saturday happened to be the night some of that frustration was aired.

Right on CR, I couldn't have said it any better. The fans are frustrated on a couple of different fronts right now. Saturday happened to be the night some of that frustration was aired.

I agree here. I am not for booing just to boo, but it does become frustrating as a fan when you watch a power play unit out there with the offensive talent of Kovie Elias Parise and you arent getting it done. I myself thought at least in the latter parts of the game the PP moved the puck well, but I am frustraterd watching Kovie turn it over consistently. And if I boo because of that so be it. I love Zach in my opinion he is the heart of this team, but come on Zach like somebody else said if you dont want to be booed then get out of the public spotlight. The fact is I am sure you dont have a problem cashing that big check, so face it the fans are gonna get frustrated and it is their right to express themselves. I mean look go out and beat the teams you are supposed to and maybe the booing goes away :noclue:

Edited by PaDevsFan

I would say to the Devils to quit losing to crappy teams, then the fans would quit booing. They're losing to teams they ostensibly shouldn't lose to. And given recent playoff performances and the way they're playing recently anyone not at least slightly wondering about another early exit isn't thinking clearly.

:blahblah: Regardless of whether it's warranted or not, getting booed is part f the job. Don't take it personally or if you do then score on the PP :noclue:

Whining about booing is as productive as the booing.

Zach could have articulated his concern in a less combative, less emotionally invested manner. You can get chippy with fans if you make it clear you're on the same side. Just a little lesson he could walk away with here. He can control his response - he cannot control the response of an entire arena full of drunken dorks

I don't have a problem with what he said.

He's unhappy with the team not scoring and the PP not working. And in his mind, the booing probably makes it that much more frustrating.

I could understand that. But then, I almost never boo this team. It's just not fun for me.

The Devils can't beat bad teams.

2 losses to the Leafs

1 loss to the Oilers

1 loss to the Blues

1 loss to Carolina

1 loss to Dallas

1 loss to Florida

1 loss to Tampa

2 awful losses to the Islanders

not to mention a ridiculous collapse of a loss to LA

10 losses to non playoff teams plus the LA loss and a few probably that the Devils could've won.

I don't have a problem with what he said.

He's unhappy with the team not scoring and the PP not working. And in his mind, the booing probably makes it that much more frustrating.

I could understand that. But then, I almost never boo this team. It's just not fun for me.

Same here... what's the point? Well -- I DO moan loudly and issue forth a disgruntled "Noooo you CANNOT do this...." every time I'm there for an Islanders loss these days - that's in the last 2 minutes and stuff. but Ive never booed. But even in the stands I can't tell these morons not to boo...I mean just whatever - drink up boys is about all I can say. <_<

I don't get up to the bigs, but down here I don't literally boo the team often except when they botch the powerplay to a 14% level they were sporting through much of the year. Many variants of the 'what are you thinking?' come out though. We tend to focus on the other team though. And down here, they can actually hear you.

I will heartily boo lack of effort; we haven't seen a lot of that this year. Lack of scoring, lack of planning, lack of self control....but not lack of effort for the most part. And when they make good plays I let 'em know that too.

I don't have an issue with what Zach said, as surprising as it was to me. He just has to understand that fans in this area are a bit tougher on their teams than in most area's. Plus, as hard as they are playing, he has to understand how frustrating the lack of PP scoring is to the fans as well.

Zach better just do his part and score. Thanks.

PS - I <3 you Zach, but getting booed is part of the game, if the team was producing it wouldn't happen. Our fans have delt with alot of ups and down this year.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery