Zach says quit the booing!!!!

overtime98

If i got paid millions of dollars I'd let each and every one of you personally boo me to my face if i couldnt score on the Powerplay.

Look, theres nothing wrong with booing. The players are frustrated, as are the fans. At least the players can vent by working on it and beating the crap outta each other. All we got to vent is boo! And I reserve the right!!!!!!!!

But since its Zach, we should stop the booing

That's the thing. I just couldn't boo Zach. It's like going to church and booing the priest for a bad singing voice.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm younger than you, but at least I can construct a simple sentence. That "paragraph" is pretty hysterical. Or would You rather I Capitalize Random things In my Sentence and Run on and On and on And on...and On...and On...And on...

Look, I didn't ask for your credentials. This isn't a job interview. You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to think that your opinion is stupid.

And are you serious with that last statement? "Grow up and learn to post back like a man, remember who cast the first stone here"? What are we, in the Lord of the Rings? Is that one of your favorite World of Warcraft quotes or something?

And if "learning to post back like a man" is supposed to resemble anything like that thing, I think I'll be alright just posting like I do now. Mkay?

Hit a nerve with the Mommy and Daddy line...

Oy vey and I thought I had trouble letting stupid arguments go!

hitthepost :rofl: Dude you're letting this so called little kid get seriously under your skin! You look bad. Baaad idea to argue for your right to boo your favorite team and overtly plot out attacks on little kids on the internet. Let it go and never broach this kind of thread again and you'll get a tad of your online dignity back :giggle:

and as for my first post, you know, I think it's smarter to look at it this way -- it's was EXCEEDINGLY cool of Zach to share his frustration with us - in both senses: with US and WITH us.

It's like a private thing he shared with us fans and he made us all significant to him and to this game and that's just really amazing and really NOT the cold self-contained Devils System. I think we should totally cheer and I mean LOUD CHEERS next PP regardless of the out come.

It would be so awesome and such a great show of support... can someone start a facebook group CHEER THE DEVILS POWER PLAY! I'm totally serious not even a little sarcastic.... I just feel like that's the right thing to do with all these guys have done. Maybe they'll insanely over achieve in the playoffs if we make them feel like the heros they've been year in year out the past 5 years. Just ONCE try not asking for more? Just say thank you for what we've got.

am I an ass?

Perhaps this chant will improve the powerplay.

YEAH! See?!?! THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

:cheers: Yeay Homer!

Well around the whole NHL i don't see a single team that don't get booed when they struggle on the PP for 2 or + months in a row.

The fans can get at least a little bit angry with all these PP going directly in the garbage.

Yes but those teams ARE GARBAGE! Our's isn't! :evil: If fans act like garbage then they will get garbage in return!

I can't believe this is even posted. This is NHL hockey not dwarf hockey or hockey for the developmentally disabled. I'll tell you why we boo on the powerplay...because our powerplay sucks right now, we are 0 for a billion even with Kovy, Elias, Greene, Martin, Parise and Zajac out there and we have to let the team know we expect not a good effort but for them to score on the powerplay. These are hockey players and they can take it (ok maybe Crosby cries at night when he gets booed and needs a makeout session with Talbot while they bond in shooting pucks into the dryer in a story of forbidden laundry room love). We are hockey fans which means we will only be happy with a Stanley Cup victory. In other words we will boo at the bad stuff all the way up until victory. We boo because we love our team and hate to see them do poorly. Zach is young so if he expects to not score on the PP and not get booed during his career that's going to be another 17 years of NHL caliber booing for him. I understand Zach is frustrated and thinks that the booing is only making things worse but this is false...not scoring is what is making things worse. But all of this is irrelevant because the Devils will get tired off the booing, get more creative, turn it all around and win a cup...right???????

P.S. Dear Zach: If you can't score on the PP, 5-5 isn't going to be any easier

If he doesn't like the booing, I hope that he doesn't read any of the forums.

If I remeber correctly(which is always 50 - 50), over the last couple games, Zach, Elias, martin, Kovy, Zajak and probbably Rolston have all had excellent chances on the PP(maybe not all on the pp) that they just didn't bury. Had these games (and pp chances) occured durring a winning streak you could just say it was one of those games, bad puck luck or whatever. Since they've been struggling, it's just magnified. Fan favorites can do no wrong so they get the pass(Zach, clarckson(I like clarkson, hope he's with the team till he retires see him as a Randy McKay with a lil more upside, I don't see him as a top 6 guy as i've seen others state), zharkov, (I like him, don't see why some seem facinated with him though), the whipping boys can do no right, (rolston, Zubs, Kovy is falling into that catagory cause he isn't getting a goal per game).

If this PP gets scoring at a decent pace, this team could do damage in the playoffs. That might be where some of the frustration comes from.

for the record, I'm not a booer. I don't quite understand it either, but complaining about it in the press won't help much. Just going to get louder if you don't score. He feels that way no problem. Why bring it tot he press?

Joe

Wait what? Ok Zach lets talk for a second buddy...

The easiest way to silence your critics in sports whether they sit in the stands or write an article for the New York Times sports page is to WIN GAMES! I don't care if its 5 on 5, 4 on 4, powerplay, or 62 on 54. Score more goals then your opponent and keep it that way till the end of the game and people cheer instead of boo.

Hey look! When you shoot the puck on the powerplay instead of always looking for the perfect play, good things happen!

Logic's not allowed, it's all about passing the puck and you don't need to shoot to score.

Seriously though, maybe just maybe the booing did get the Devils angry enough to not overthink the power play.

Logic's not allowed, it's all about passing the puck and you don't need to shoot to score.

Seriously though, maybe just maybe the booing did get the Devils angry enough to not overthink the power play.

They were due to break out eventually, and playing a bad team like Columbus didn't hurt...of course, the Devils have had their share of problems concerning also-rans, and Columbus actually has a pretty good penalty kill, so I won't discount this 3-for-6 burst even a little.

It'd be nice if some of this fanbase wasn't so damned quick to turn on their own players...I've seen it happen far too often with Marty, and now it's happened with Zach. These guys deserve and have earned more respect than they've gotten. Heaven forbid someone actually acts human and shows a moment of frustration.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976