GDT: Rangers @ Devils

MadDog2020

You know what?...Henrik's good. Marty's been in the league 20 years - by your logic everyone should've figured him out by now.

Don't be a douche.

Lundqvist doesn't own the Devils based on talent alone. Brodeur never owned anyone based on talent alone, even the Rangers from 1998-2004.

Not finishing? They scored 3 goals last night, 6 the game before. Elias didn't pick that corner because Henry's in the net. That's where you put that shot no matter who's in net.

Langenbrunner didn't finish and he had an empty net on his backhand. Rolston missed a chance cutting through the slot, because he's Brian Rolston. Elias didn't finish the SH breakaway because he tried a move that never works on Lundqvist. Any one of them wins the game.

Two goals they scored were textbook goals on Lundqvist. Glove side and driving to the net. The Parise non-goal was a great exmaple of getting right in his face. Langenbrunner's goal was the only one i was surprised he got beat on.

When the Devils attack his weaknesses they can beat him. Too many times they've put glorious chances right into those monster pads or do everything but finish. It's the same reasons why this team can turn 2nd-3rd string backups into looking like Vezina winners on any given night.

They are above .500 in the shootout this season, and many more over the years - I don't think its fair to crit the skills competition. It's a crapshoot.

The SO is a coin toss. It's 50/50. How many times have you seen a Devils shooter try to stuff/shoot it between those monster pads or go side to side? Go for a goaltender's weaknesses in a SO for better or worse. Last night, it was Zajac (i beleive) tried it, only everyone in the building including Queen seemed to know he was going glove. Goalie wins, but the intent to go glove was there, so you can't get pissed at the lack of trying. Whatever it was Parise was thinking was an example of a player with great hands who for some reason went for a lower percentage shot.

Edited by SJP20

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be a douche.

Lundqvist doesn't own the Devils based on talent alone. Brodeur never owned anyone based on talent alone, even the Rangers from 1998-2004.

No, but Lundqvist has had some better teams in front of him especially in '07-08. He's had good games against NJ since then, but he hasn't owned them since going 7-0-1 in that season.

Langenbrunner didn't finish and he had an empty net on his backhand. Rolston missed a chance cutting through the slot, because he's Brian Rolston. Elias didn't finish the SH breakaway because he tried a move that never works on Lundqvist. Any one of them wins the game.

Two goals they scored were textbook goals on Lundqvist. Glove side and driving to the net. The Parise non-goal was a great exmaple of getting right in his face. Langenbrunner's goal was the only one i was surprised he got beat on.

When the Devils attack his weaknesses they can beat him. Too many times they've put glorious chances right into those monster pads or do everything but finish. It's the same reasons why this team can turn 2nd-3rd string backups into looking like Vezina winners on any given night.

You make it seem so easy to score on that guy. Like it's automatic if you go high glove. That's not as easy as you make it sound. They got 3 goals against him. So they didn't finish on other chances, you're not going to score every chance you get, he's going to make some great saves (that's what he does), he's going to get some luck, and the like....

The SO is a coin toss. It's 50/50. How many times have you seen a Devils shooter try to stuff/shoot it between those monster pads or go side to side? Go for a goaltender's weaknesses in a SO for better or worse. Last night, it was Zajac (i beleive) tried it, only everyone in the building including Queen seemed to know he was going glove. Goalie wins, but the intent to go glove was there, so you can't get pissed at the lack of trying. Whatever it was Parise was thinking was an example of a player with great hands who for some reason went for a lower percentage shot.

Elias went for the glove side.....and besides you judging Parise on a shot...OK!...You make it seem like Zach has no idea what he was doing - I give him the benefit of the doubt that whatever it is he was looking for wasn't there.

ADD: I've always had the feeling that if you score 3 goals in a game, you should win that game 90 (and even more)% of that time. They scored 3 on one of the best goalies in the league last night, it should've been enough. To say well "anyone of those missed opps would've won the game" is really pushing the bounds of reasonable criticism. Is that a fact? sure...but where does it end? They had 38 shots last night, how many goals SHOULD that equal to?

Edited by HellOnICE