'03-'04 Schedule Should Be Released This Week

Z-Man

I was checking press releases from previous years, and it looks like July 9th and 10th are the dates that the schedule has been released in the past.

It should be interesting, with only one game vs. each team in the West this year. I guess I have a 50% chance to see the Devs in Nashville this year....

Just one of the few NHL related things to look forward to in the summer.

It should be interesting, with only one game vs. each team in the West this year. I guess I have a 50% chance to see the Preds in Nashville this year....

Actually, you have a 100% chance of seeing the Preds in Nashville. ;)

.. and not to mention for me praying we have banner night WELL before the second weekend in October avoiding my sister's wedding... running from the parade to my cousin's wedding was enough !!!

Is it just me or do they release the schedule REAL fast after we win the Cup as a way to brush it aisde FAST ?

Anyone want to wager a guess who the banner raising is against? (HOI?) We know it'll probably be against a bottom-feeder team; it's good business. ESPN won't care they'd rather show the Ducks against the Western Power of their choice :lol:

I'd say Florida but we've been there done that (same with Montreal), I'd say Pittsburgh but they'll probably have Mario and be somewhat of a draw anyway, I'd say a couple of Western conference teams but I dunno if we'll play them at home, I'd say Buffalo but area team they might think they'll get some local attendance for the Sabres games. Atlanta would be cruel and unusual punishment (for us) :P

Carolina??? Wouldn't that be ironic :lol:

I say the road trip down south Zamode -- more/better chances to score :P

**sigh** what if one day my bite was as strong as my bark. Nahhhh -- won't happen :)

OK I want to get to the break-out players thread at SOME point! Just easier to babble about trivialities i guess!

I'm thinking the Penguins... I just have a feeling hehe.

Remember in October 2000, the game was actually on ESPN2 vs. the Canadiens. If they plan to show it again, it'll probably be a half-way decent team.

But then again, it's ESPN we're talking about, so they might decide to show a Coyotes/Avs matchup instead.

According to a post on the AOL board supposedly the schedule'll come out Wednesday. I don't know how reliable the source is but Wednesday would be consistent with Z-Man's research.

Anyone have any idea how soon tickets first go on sale after the schedule is released?