Gold Circle Player Awards

msweet

My friend Ed invited me to attend the Devil's Gold Cirlce player awards.

This year's winners were:

McMullen Service to New Jersey Hockey: Bruce Driver

Unsung Hero: Andy Green

Players' Player: Mike Mottau

MVP: Zach Parise

Lemaire's speech was inspiring and seem to be taunting the players to win it all... to quote Lemaire: "In my 20+ years of coaching this is the best team I have ever coached."

Lemaire singled out Kovlachuk and said with an addition like this we should go far.

Matt Laughlin, Lemaire, and Lou all mentioned that the think they can win it all this year.

The players were in the main concourse spaced out around the ring. Longest lines for autographs were Brodeur, Parise and then Kovlachuk... in that order

Thanks to my buddy Ed, I was first in line to get Brodeurs and got my retro jersey signed.

See my pics below (more images if you click HERE or below)

IMG_0572a.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

More Images LINK

Langenbrunner looks absolutely thrilled.

He always does, for some reason. I don't think I've ever seen this guy with a genuinely happy, non-sarcastic look on his face. He seems like one of those people who always wants to show a little attitude. I remember back a few years ago when we were still in CAA and had Brylin, after the game we noticed a bunch of nice cars outside CAA and it was actually the players' cars, each one with a permit that said the player's name. Everyone had Audis, BMWs, etc. Langenbrunner had a huge Escalade that had some modifications, and I just remember thinking "that figures".

Also, Brylin was driving some late 90s Honda, no joke :lol:

Edited by Amberite

He always does, for some reason. I don't think I've ever seen this guy with a genuinely happy, non-sarcastic look on his face. He seems like one of those people who always wants to show a little attitude. I remember back a few years ago when we were still in CAA and had Brylin, after the game we noticed a bunch of nice cars outside CAA and it was actually the players' cars, each one with a permit that said the player's name. Everyone had Audis, BMWs, etc. Langenbrunner had a huge Escalade that had some modifications, and I just remember thinking "that figures".

Also, Brylin was driving some late 90s Honda, no joke :lol:

Rafalski drove a Ford sedan (Taurus or one of those types) at camp one year lol.

I def. remember the years and years of seeing what the guys drove from going to SMA/Codey for practices/camp. Lags also has/had a silver Porsche Carrera. Wonder if he's still got it?

I think Lags you just need to know. I have a few of his game worn jerseys and equipment and i've found he's easy to talk to about that stuff (and in general) as long as it's not a huge crowd around him.

yeah this was my first time and it was a blast. got my 552 picture and ticket signed, a couple kovy pics, elias, langs, pl3, martin, zajac...got my pic of mottau punching avery signed too hahah the usher told me it was done and i showed mottau the pic and he motioned to bring it here...imo zajac was the most jovial to talk to. missed clarkie zubie and parise though

my friend brought a poster of parise and was asking other players to draw on the pretty boys' face...white, fraser, and martin declined. langs opened it up with a mustache, then PL3 gave him a nice rolston-esque soul patch, zajac wasn't sure what to do so we told him to give him devil horns and he did, and danis gave him a nice black eye. would've been cool to show zach but maybe next time

I had a lot of fun. I couldn't get the signatures of Brodeur or Parise, but I did get Kovy's signature.

I ended up buying "25, The History of the Devils in New Jersey" since I didn't have anything else to sign. While waiting on line for Stevens' sig, Lou was talking to some guys in suits near me. I asked him to sign my book and he did. I then told him that I have a check for him to sign and he laughed.

The food was typical arena food, but there was plenty of it. Overall, I was really glad that I went.

Some pictures I took that I found hilarious.

After hearing someone on here saying that Pelley would take his teeth out I decided to ask him to. He thought it was hilarious and obliged.

25585_408646876310_667726310_5638640_4379988_n.jpg

Then I went over to Rolston and asked him to wink into the camera since he does on tv all the time. I'm pretty sure his bodyguard was dying after we took the picture =P.

26379_406511937213_648982213_5151485_2731861_n.jpg

All in all was an awesome day, got to meet all the big players and had a great time!

I told him I've been dying for a goal and that the day he scores it I'll be going insane. He promised me he'd score next game so get ready everyone! Shark attack time

Aaaand he'll be a healthy scratch haha.

Jamie said "Hey Sharky!" And he starts laughing and was like "Sharky!!" and looked at his security person. So I was like, "What, you don't like that?" and he says "I love it! It's my first American name!!"

He was real cool.

During the ceremony, Kovalchuk and Zharkov were laughing hysterically the entire time about something. I guess it's some inside jokes because when Mario Tremblay was at the podium talking, Sharky was laughing and Mario turn over and said "Sharky don't look at me!" into the microphone.

This was the first time I've seen Kovy act like a kid and a complete goofball which was funny and good to see.

Zubrus is also a goofball. While they were sitting, he turned to his right to Zach and told him a joke I guess that had Parise cracking up so much he had to put his arm in front of his face to pretend he had an itch or something so no one would see him laughing. Then Zubie turned to his left and told Martin I guess the same thing. He started laughing then put his head down as if to say "Really...?"

The guys looked like they were having a lot of fun and that's a good thing.

During the ceremony, Kovalchuk and Zharkov were laughing hysterically the entire time about something. I guess it's some inside jokes because when Mario Tremblay was at the podium talking, Sharky was laughing and Mario turn over and said "Sharky don't look at me!" into the microphone.

From TG's reports and yours, it seems like Zharkov and Kovy have become pretty good friends. Really nice to see, considering Zharkov is an unproven struggling prospect while Kovy is one of the league's greatest stars.

Jamie said "Hey Sharky!" And he starts laughing and was like "Sharky!!" and looked at his security person. So I was like, "What, you don't like that?" and he says "I love it! It's my first American name!!"

He was real cool.

This was the first time I've seen Kovy act like a kid and a complete goofball which was funny and good to see.

Zubrus is also a goofball. While they were sitting, he turned to his right to Zach and told him a joke I guess that had Parise cracking up so much he had to put his arm in front of his face to pretend he had an itch or something so no one would see him laughing. Then Zubie turned to his left and told Martin I guess the same thing. He started laughing then put his head down as if to say "Really...?"

The ceremony was hilarious. Most of the guys looked like they were having a blast. Salmella was bundled up in his jersey like he was freezing. I saw Kovy and Jamie talking during Driver's "short" speech. It was awesome to see him having a good time with everyone.

Also I felt so bad for Danis during the signing. They set him up in like the shadows of those escalators all alone. When I went over there was nobody near him. I felt so bad I decided to go over and talk to him for a little bit. What a fvcking classy guy, he knows he deserves more playing time but won't say a single bad thing about anyone. This guy is the fvcking man, hopefully he got a few good conversations in with people cause he looked very lonely.

From TG's reports and yours, it seems like Zharkov and Kovy have become pretty good friends. Really nice to see, considering Zharkov is an unproven struggling prospect while Kovy is one of the league's greatest stars.

Yeah I was reading one thing that I thought was funny that Zharkov used to give Kovy rides to the arena and Kovy was scared and had to tell him to slow down the Porche a few times.

Some of my pictures from the Signing since Andrew already gave his run down.

24921_441101994936_659614936_5384166_4341663_n.jpg

Picture #8 with him. :D He was kinda upset when I told him I was gonna bring a birthday balloon and cupcake but everyone told me not to. :(

For PK:

24921_441102014936_659614936_5384170_6801747_n.jpg

24921_441102024936_659614936_5384172_310825_n.jpg

Andy signed my picture of him twice and then was like WHOOPS! when I said he did it twice. lol

24921_441102029936_659614936_5384173_737454_n.jpg

Chuck. He was so nice even though we were toward the end of the line.

AND NOW, my favorite pictures.... ROLSTON TAKES A NAP!

24921_441102089936_659614936_5384184_4116865_n.jpg

GOING.....

24921_441102094936_659614936_5384185_6263580_n.jpg

24921_441102099936_659614936_5384186_6366626_n.jpg

GONE.

24921_441102109936_659614936_5384187_4823516_n.jpg

Edited by cupcake23

After hearing someone on here saying that Pelley would take his teeth out I decided to ask him to. He thought it was hilarious and obliged.

I asked him at the Lowell Devils game and he was going to do it, but then looked around and thought he was gonna get in trouble! :( That's awesome though. Sarra told me he did it and showed me the picture earlier. Hahahaa

He was real cool.