GDT: Devils @ Thrashers 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

My guess is that Danis goes in the Buffalo game as there's a very good chance the Devils can clinch the division on Saturday against the Isles. Pittsburgh looked listless tonight against Washington. Buffalo clinched their division tonight and I don't see them burning out Miller in that game either.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just not going to happen. It would be suprising to see Danis in goal with all that is on the line in these last 3-games of the regular season. Brodeur to keep on rolling into the playoffs now. This is what he needs and this Devils team. Not Danis.

All that is on the line? There's not much on the line. They need to play well, and they need everyone on board - Danis included. Sitting Marty for a game is a good thing - it's happening to everyone else - Marty needs a day off.

My guess is that Danis goes in the Buffalo game as there's a very good chance the Devils can clinch the division on Saturday against the Isles. Pittsburgh looked listless tonight against Washington. Buffalo clinched their division tonight and I don't see them burning out Miller in that game either.

Wow good thing you said Saturday lol I thought the tickets were for Sunday.

All that is on the line? There's not much on the line. They need to play well, and they need everyone on board - Danis included. Sitting Marty for a game is a good thing - it's happening to everyone else - Marty needs a day off.

Not much on the line? You're kidding right?

Lets see...

FIRST place in the Atlantic Division in a dogfight with Pittsburgh.

SECOND seed overall in the EC in a dogfight with Pittsburgh AND Buffalo.

I would say there is a LOT on the line right now for the Devils.

Danis is not going to play. Don't count on it. Brodeur will have his days of rest inbetween. more he has rest the worse he is. He is on a roll right now. Why would you stop that roll? No way sorry.

Wow good thing you said Saturday lol I thought the tickets were for Sunday.

And I wouldn't lump all Devils fans that are also Red Sox fans in the same group as LD. We take no responsibility for him.

Contrary to what SD clearly knows...

I'd say Danis gets a shot on Sunday if most everything's wrapped up in a neat little package after Saturday. The game against Buffalo is earlier in the day (yes, not by much, but still) and may have little bearing on the standings.

I don't think we punt 2nd or 3rd in favor of resting Marty, but I don't think it's 100% nope nuh-uh no way when it comes to Danis getting in one more game.

IMO, the only way Danis gets a start IF the Devils clinch everything by the weekend or on Saturday vs. the NYI. Then he may get the start vs. Buffalo. If nothing is clinched and the Buffalo game neans the division and the second seed then we won't see Danis. From what Lemaire said in a TG article is that "Brodeur is playing the rest of the way."

And why would that be? Because he is playing his best hockey of the season and is incredibly focused? 2 GA in 4 games. less than a minute shy from having 4 straight shut outs? You're out of your mind....

In other news. I thought McAmmond had a GREAT game tonight. And did Fraser play at all after taking that penalty? I don't remember seeing him.

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

And why would that be? Because he is playing his best hockey of the season and is incredibly focused? 2 GA in 4 games. less than a minute shy from having 4 straight shut outs? You're out of your mind....

This isn't the playoffs yet, I'd rather not burn him out just because he's on a roll now and he's in the zone partly because he got that long break during the Olympics and then sat another couple games besides.

If we win Thursday and Saturday, we clinch the division and if Buffalo loses even a point in their next two games we will have the two seed locked up with two wins so it becomes academic at that point.

Not much on the line? You're kidding right?

Lets see...

FIRST place in the Atlantic Division in a dogfight with Pittsburgh.

SECOND seed overall in the EC in a dogfight with Pittsburgh AND Buffalo.

I would say there is a LOT on the line right now for the Devils.

And what does all that mean starting Wednesday or Thursday? Nada. We're going to have home-ice no matter what in the first round, we're basically playing for who gets home ice in the second round basically should we get there, and home ice hasn't meant all that much our first two years at the Rock anyway (2-5 in the playoffs).

I didn't get to see this game. I'm assuming they played fairly well?

So the Devils should probably have 4 bagels in a row right now. That is scary fvcking good. I've been pretty critical of the team the last few months so I have no issue with giving credit when they deserve it. This is pretty incredible.

It's funny...they've been frustrating as hell at times, no question, but they've very quietly managed an 8-3-4 record in their last 15 games...a .667 point%. Considering how they were playing before that, I think to a fan we all would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

What also funny is that I still think they're a 50-50 shot to get past the first round...but I think that percentage will hold no matter what round they're in. I don't think the Devils can be considered an overwhelming favorite or underdog in any potential series, but I think they can beat or lose to anyone.

It's funny...they've been frustrating as hell at times, no question, but they've very quietly managed an 8-3-4 record in their last 15 games...a .667 point%. Considering how they were playing before that, I think to a fan we all would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

What also funny is that I still think they're a 50-50 shot to get past the first round...but I think that percentage will hold no matter what round they're in. I don't think the Devils can be considered an overwhelming favorite or underdog in any potential series, but I think they can beat or lose to anyone.

POD

Exactly Sums up the entire Devils's situation at game 79.

I don't think we'd be considered an overwhelming favorite, sure. However, I think it all depends on the matchups.

I really really really don't want to play Philly. Like please, let's hope they play Buffalo...please.

I think they beat Montreal and Boston, but Philly......Y'I don't know.

Obviously it doesn't matter who ya play, but...

OMG we suck. Lemaire stop messing with the lines, I cant believe our PP sucks and we cant score why cant we win every game ,Mottau sucks, our defense is suspect, blah blah blah..........

oh wait, I forgot this forum was in "we just won" mode. lol

anyways nice couple wins the last 2 games.

Depends on how Buffalo plays to that point. That game will probably be for the 2nd seed.