the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

from my understanding reading what the moderators and other users are saying:your players do actually improve in their abilitieswhat doesnt happen is you do not see any XP from games increases after 1500, but their attributes [such as speed, agility, shot power] do increase. of course, no one from EA directly confirms this, though

But the real problem is that we all know that its the wrong abilities that are increasing.

You put shooting training for a player like Kovalchuk and he wins XP at Faceoff -_-

Same for the Defense guys.Whatever part of their game you are trying to improve they win XP at faceoffs and things that a defender wont be using.

I don't understand why is EA putting this system if they are not even able to make it work.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the real problem is that we all know that its the wrong abilities that are increasing.

You put shooting training for a player like Kovalchuk and he wins XP at Faceoff -_-

Same for the Defense guys.Whatever part of their game you are trying to improve they win XP at faceoffs and things that a defender wont be using.

I don't understand why is EA putting this system if they are not even able to make it work.

true, didnt think of that since i didnt start be a gm yet thanks to lack of updated rosters

speaking of which, they go live at 5 am est tonight :cheers:

eh. Question, is it worth buying NHL11? I have NHL10 but 60 bucks for a couple improvements seems like to much year after year. Can you still get roster updates for NHL10?

Edit:I don't play online

Edited by Par9

I don't understand online mode anymore. Seems like every game I give up goals because my team makes passes directly to opposing players when nobody on my team is in the area and I'm aiming the pass in a different direction, or they'll just lose control of the puck while skating with it, sometimes even in shootouts. My roommate and I were ranked in the top 350 about a month ago, we are now below 20,000.

In season mode I decided to draft, my first line is Parise, Stamkos, Kovalchuk.

Also I decided to hook up my iPod to my xbox to get the custom music and after what seemed like 10 updates the music wouldn't play, I had no memory left, and all my saved stuff from any other game was wiped.

I don't understand online mode anymore. Seems like every game I give up goals because my team makes passes directly to opposing players when nobody on my team is in the area and I'm aiming the pass in a different direction, or they'll just lose control of the puck while skating with it, sometimes even in shootouts. My roommate and I were ranked in the top 350 about a month ago, we are now below 20,000.

i played 4 games last night, only finished 2

every time i went up by 3 or more on an opponent, they either waited until under a minute to go in the 3rd or turned off their PS3.

the first guy didnt get a DNF, the second one did.

i played 4 games last night, only finished 2

every time i went up by 3 or more on an opponent, they either waited until under a minute to go in the 3rd or turned off their PS3.

the first guy didnt get a DNF, the second one did.

So far I'm ranked 7 thousand something in NHL 11 and I've played about 95 games.

A lot of people quit early but that automatically gives me a 3-0 win or unless I've scored more than three goals I get whatever I had.

The most annoying thing is how everyone is a little bastard and keeps quitting games because they want to be the home team. With 95 games played I've been the home team like 5 times. It's REALLY REALLY annoying.

thats why i tend to play offline mostly, or just with those on my friends list (PS3).

immature quits and glitch goals ruin it for everyone else.

funny thing is, NHL10/11 has the option that regardless of if you're home or away, you can always face the one way depending what you prefer, so home or away is completely pointless now, unless you 'prefer' a particular jersey.

people are just childish, and unfortunately it exists in sports games too.

if you own a PS3 and want friendly matches, add me. my psn is: dark_tranq

thats why i tend to play offline mostly, or just with those on my friends list (PS3).

immature quits and glitch goals ruin it for everyone else.

funny thing is, NHL10/11 has the option that regardless of if you're home or away, you can always face the one way depending what you prefer, so home or away is completely pointless now, unless you 'prefer' a particular jersey.

people are just childish, and unfortunately it exists in sports games too.

if you own a PS3 and want friendly matches, add me. my psn is: dark_tranq

i agree it doesnt really matter, i just enjoy hearing the crow cheer for a goal every now and then rather than boo.

last night went 1 completed game in 5. only game i was able to finish was a brutal 4-3 shootout loss.

the best was these guys on headsets talking trash during the first 5 minutes, 4 of them vs me. by the end of the first it was 3-0 me, end of the 2nd 5-0 and they quit after i netted my 6th in the 3rd.

i'll try to remember to add you tonight, mine's wetzel22

in my posting i completely forgot - you can choose your own jersey that you want to wear anyways, so the only thing is as you say, hearing your home crowd cheer.

honestly, if you were making the arena quiet from being the away team and scoring, isnt that more satisfying? (i might be a little bit sadistic hehe).

i'll add you if you haven't added me :)

i agree it doesnt really matter, i just enjoy hearing the crow cheer for a goal every now and then rather than boo.last night went 1 completed game in 5. only game i was able to finish was a brutal 4-3 shootout loss.the best was these guys on headsets talking trash during the first 5 minutes, 4 of them vs me. by the end of the first it was 3-0 me, end of the 2nd 5-0 and they quit after i netted my 6th in the 3rd.i'll try to remember to add you tonight, mine's wetzel22

I never play with my Mic on unless I play with my friends...people are so dumb.The amount of bullsh!t you can hear in a 20 Virtual minutes Hockey period is crazy.

Also glitch goals and quitters is just so frustrating.You also have some guys that will take the puck and skate back to their zone during the whole game when they go up by a goal.

Problem is that Hockey is not an easy sport to make a video game of.

Played Fifa 09 online for something like a year and a half and due to bigger space and less complicated aspect of the game you couldn't get glitch goals, bad passes etc.

Now this online thing is frustrating yes but what is killing me is the Be a GM Mode

half of the rookies are missing, (Josefson ???)

ratings to rookies are just ridiculous (Colin white is skating faster than Tedenby)

free agent signings is ridiculously easy (I signed Kovalchuk for something like 4,4 or something like that)(But Ekford is asking for a 2 way 1 Million $ contract) :rolleyes:

your players progress in things like face-off when they are actually D-men's (and you placed their training at checking for example)

Scouts are useless ( send them if you want but they don't really tell you anything...you can actually go blind into draft and just base yourself on the ratings that will be there at this time )

even the players type thing is not well done...I dunno if you guys noticed but you have guys like Tedenby and Vasyunov listed as Grinders when you start a season :rolleyes:

I've been playing the online team play the most. That is more fun to me and it's fun to use the mics there because it's easier to communicate with your teammates. I've been playing as the goalie a lot lately, I've gotten a ton better, been only giving up 2 or 3 goals a game which is fine if you end up on a good team cause they will score 5 or 6.