For the Atlantic Division crown. TWO games to go! Who wins it?

SatansDevils

Who wins the Atlantic Division crown?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Atlantic Division crown?

• DEVILS
    • PENGUINS

The Devils had a golden oppurtunity to really take control of the division tonight instead coughed up two more points to a lowly Panthers team. Devils played well, but Clemmensen played outstanding in the 3-2 win. Another team not in the playoffs the Devils lose too. Pittsburgh did what they had to do tonight, which was beat up the Islanders 7-3.

They are now tied with the Penguins for first place in the Atlantic Division with 99 points. Both teams are 46-27-7 with 99 points and two regular season games remaining. They are tied in wins, so the Devils hold the tiebreaker because they won the season series, 6-0.

The Penguins, who defeated the Islanders, 7-3, tonight, seem to have a more favorable schedule with both of their games coming against non-playoff teams. They visit Atlanta Saturday afternoon and close out the season at 5 p.m. Sunday against the Islanders at Nassau Coliseum. The Devils host the Islanders on Saturday night and then Buffalo, which is just one point behind the Devils in third place in the East, Sunday at 5 p.m.

It may seem the Penguins have the easier schedule in their last two games, but both are on the ROAD, which is never easy to win. The Devils at least still control their own destiny have their last two games on HOME ice. Now is the time for the Devils to step it up and take what has been rightfully theirs for most of the season, which is the Atlantic Division crown! I would hate to see the devils blow this in the last two games or the last game of the season. We will see Brodeur in these last two games now because they matter after a bad loss tonight in Florida. It is never easy for this Devils team.

The Buffalo game the last game of the regular season could be for the division AND the second seed in the EC. First have to win the Islanders game on Saturday night.

So who wins the Atlantic Division crown?

Devils

Islanders (Sat.)

Buffalo (Sun.)

Penguins

@ Atlanta (Sat.)

@ Islanders (Sun.)

I would say the DEVILS. They cannot blow this or it could possibly effect them in the playoffs. WIN the division and the second seed. Home ice means a lot this season for the Devils.

CMON Atlanta and the Islanders!

Edited by SatansDevils

We had our chance last night, the Pens aren't going to lose either of the last two if they want to win them, of course there is the possibility they could tank the last game if they'd rather face a specific team the way Carolina did last year.

Still, I don't see us staying interested long enough to win two in a row, we rarely do that and the last time we won four out of five (which we'd have to if we won the last two) was probably December or early January.

I want the #4 seed and face the Senators and Brian freakin Elliot!!!

I do not want to face Boston and that defense, led by Chara, with Rask in net and his 1.97 GAA!!!! leads the league!!!

I also would like not to face the flyers because that would be a brutal series and not sure we are set up for a match up like that..

tell me why Ottawa is not the best match up? Who does ottawa have that can beat us?

I want the #4 seed and face the Senators and Brian freakin Elliot!!!

I do not want to face Boston and that defense, led by Chara, with Rask in net and his 1.97 GAA!!!! leads the league!!!

I also would like not to face the flyers because that would be a brutal series and not sure we are set up for a match up like that..

tell me why Ottawa is not the best match up? Who does ottawa have that can beat us?

I don't *want* anyone. I think it was thelastonealive who said it best a few days ago: Every time we've hoped for an opponent and got it, it's backfired horribly.

I'm done with wanting certain matchups. I just want to win.

For the Pens, I think a lot of it depends on whether Malkin is playing. If I remember correctly, it seems a lot of their recent losses occurred when Malkin was out with injury or illness. They can talk about it being Crosby's team all they want, but the Pens just don't play as well when Malkin's not in the lineup.

Bogus championship if you ask me. Division championships would be valid if it were for inter-division records. Even if the Pens take it we're 6-0 against them.

As far as I'm concerned, banner or not, we're the champions IMO.

Had it been done with inter-division records, like the metro-ice challenge, im not sure how it would look...not do I care.

Edited by Baggy Spandex