Game 2 GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked the boxscore and saw that Paul Martin had by far the least amount of shorthanded icetime of our defensmen. That confuses me a little because Martin is one of our best penalty killers. Did Lemaire just want to get the freshest d-men out there for the pk (Martin led our defensemen in even strength icetime)? Or does he not trust him enough after his injury to let him play more pk?

it's possible it's all 3 of these. jacques may not trust martin to outfight flyers for the puck down low. he also might want to come out with an awesome line + D pairing for after the power play (kovalchuk + martin on D is what tended to come out on the first shift after the PK). he may have expected to get some calls, given how tight the refs were calling it, and knew he couldn't play martin 26 minutes.

It's the next morning and I can't stop thinking about last night's game. It was scary, frustrating, fun, and exciting ... the thrill of the playoffs!

You too? I couldnt sleep at all last night.

You know, I had a feeling that we were going to win this one. Because, everytime I'm watching a Devils game I'm wearing a Devils jersey of course, but last night I decided to rock my matching red bugs bunny boxers as well. And well...see the results! ;)

I don't care how dirty they get, rock those boxers EVERY game day!

Was at THE ROCK for Game 2 and it was MAGICAL! Intensity and a playoff dog fight at it's finest! Hopefully the boys have CONFIDENCE now and see how bad Boucher really is. He was fighting the puck ALL NIGHT LONG and leaving juicy rebounds ALL OVER THE PLACE! When Whitey scores you know this goalie is sh!t! Hopefully they just keep throwing rubber at him from all angles and clean up the garbage. He is mediocre at best and we can really expose him. Marty came up HUGE a few times in the 3rd to keep us in it. LET'S GO DEVILS! Also Pronger CANNOT be left alone in front of the net. TAKE CARE OF OUR CREASE BOYS!

It's still gonna be a long, tough series and there probably gonna split in Philly, but this game shows that this team can exploit the Flyers weaknesses when there on top of there game.

Too many penalties though, way too many.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but DAMN I thought MArty was going to fire it at the empty net late in the game. He looked at it for like 5 seconds and instead swung it around the boards.

Me too, man. I give him credit for not risking the icing. If it happened up by 2, I think he def would have gone for it.

yeah i had to miss the entire game, stuck at work til 10. got to hear a little on the radio, but kept up with the score with an app on my phone, got to see the replay at midnight last night. I could definitely hear the roar of the crowd for that game.

Me too, man. I give him credit for not risking the icing. If it happened up by 2, I think he def would have gone for it.

Yeah I give him huge credit for that also. He didn't put a chance to do something awesome over being smart and getting the win.

he also held on to the puck way too long and put his defense in serious jeopardy. i don't like the fact that he even thought about it. make the right play.

I don't think he was intending to score to be honest. He'll be the first to say that unless the Devils are up by two he is not going to go for it. I was basically directly in front of him on the opposite end. From the way Philly was positioned he had some room to just lift it up and clear the zone himself but Philly converged quickly at the blue line. The opening was there for a couple of seconds but they took it away quickly.

Zubrus is a damn beast. I know a lot of people here get frustrated with him because he lacks in the finish department, but this guy can play on my team any day. I have no complaints at all for what he has brought to the table as a Devil these last 3 years. He is just an absolute monster along the boards, a solid checker and a bitch to play against for the opposition. You really get an appreciation for how good he is when he is playing with quality players.

What about Colin White? I mean maybe I'm coming late to the party, but (despite some not so smart penalties) he was intimidating as fvck. I mean he was hitting-- and hitting hard-- and he was obviously in Giroux's head (he hit him like a mofo 3 times). He looked mean and nasty, and we need some of that agains tthese Failures.

Ditto. I really liked his game last night. I thought the interference call on him in the 3rd was weaksauce but it ultimately got the Devils going. Whatever the case he was making life difficult for any Flyer that was out there with him. The whole team was. For me that was encouraging. They stood up to the goon squad and let it be known that they were not going to be taking their sh!t, at least for last night.

Wouldnt it be nice if we could gloat about Rolston?

Well he did throw a pretty heavy check in the first period lol. And in the third he could have possibly set up the go ahead goal had Niedermayer had his damn stick on he ice!

I wanted to watch the replay before commenting about the officiating because I was beyond livid while at the game. That penalty on Clarkson was beyond pathetic. I understand he caught skate but he got the puck simultaneously. Poor call imo.

The Devils played a nice game but they did allow a few too many good scoring chances for my liking. My stomach was in knots in that third period. Thank God Zubrus, Elias and Parise went into beast mode late in the 3rd. That goal was pure magic.

Clarkson's call was actually a good call and I seem to be the only one that thinks so. If you see in reeeeeeaaally slow motion, the hand touches the skate just before the stick gets to the puck. It is a penalty, the thing is, there's no way the ref could've seen that; like someone said, it's like he had his mind made up that if Clarkie went down and the attacking Phag fell, he was gonna make the call.

Too many odd man rushes for them for my liking, but how about the defensive plays by, well Clarkson for one, but also Salvador on a 3-on-1, and Skoula after he lost it in the offensive zone.

Philly are a dirty bunch of F**kers dont be suppridsed if we are about to take the series and Pronger just wipes out Parise. They are after him. When Richards mounted parise i wanted to jump down the internet and kick his ass.

You wold've gotten YOUR ass seriously kicked :lol:...did you see the facewash by Boucher on Zach? He's frustrating them way too much and that worries me. That's when they start playing really dirty.

Good for Kovy on all levels. The Devils just aren't winning this series without big contributions from him.

Where are the Kovie detractors. The man came to play last night. He apparently decided that he was going to maul everything in orange.....awesome game by Kovalchuk

please stop talking

+1

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but DAMN I thought MArty was going to fire it at the empty net late in the game. He looked at it for like 5 seconds and instead swung it around the boards.

I thought so too!! He had time, and we know he has good aim, still, the boards was probably the safest bet

What about Colin White? I mean maybe I'm coming late to the party, but (despite some not so smart penalties) he was intimidating as fvck. I mean he was hitting-- and hitting hard-- and he was obviously in Giroux's head (he hit him like a mofo 3 times). He looked mean and nasty, and we need some of that agains tthese Failures.

he borderline (no pun intended) boarded Giroux and it reminded me of the good ol Colin that we know and love.