Game 4 GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

Marty gave up a bad goal in a game where we weren't even close to scoring for about 50 minutes of the game, and this was after multiple fantastic stops. He singlehandedly almost won the previous game and has otherwise been stellar in the series. Blaming him is asinine.

I agree - he's always worth the price of admission... He's my favorite player, and a legend.

This team needs some kind of a spark.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict a 4-2 loss on Thursday night and the Devils skating off the ice with the same "aww shucks" looks on their faces we've become accustomed to seeing the past three years.

You really think they'll score 2? I think you're giving them too much credit.

Wow, it just dawned on me that Boucher was the goalie in net when we came back to beat the Flyers in 2000. Ten years later, same scenario... what do we say? The past repeats itself?? :pray:

It's too bad this gutless crew doesn't have 1/10 of the heart that 2000 team had.

It's too bad this gutless crew doesn't have 1/10 of the heart that 2000 team had.

Ughhh, truth.

Maybe Stevens and Dano can come in the locker room and knock sh!t around to get a point across? I don't understand how this team isn't friggin' embarrassed to call themselves professional hockey players right now. My neighbor's girl scout troop could have done better than they did tonight.

I must say I do like that Marty shaved his beard tonight. Gets a point across to the team. (HELLO this is really is do or die idiots)

No one is in the moment :evilcry: When things go well everyone just thinks back on how they did it, rather than understanding that not thinking about it, just DOING it is how they did it.

Thinking has nothing to do with guts character or heart - if anything thinking is a sign you have guts character AND heart and DESIRE.

How do you have the pure force of will to NOT think? How do you find a way to move a game forward so no one else has time to think either? How can a coach speak, drill, change lines, call plays with the goal of simply moving the game forward, stopping the guys from thinking on ice? I think that was Burns's gift. These guys are playing like Virgos not Aries players. When is Lemaires birthday? DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT! I KNEW IT! fvck! September 7th. I would have said if it was anything else but... I would have -- i JUST checked right after I wrote it and there it was... dammitalltoheckfirepisswatersh!tballs.

Ughhh, truth.

Maybe Stevens and Dano can come in the locker room and knock sh!t around to get a point across? I don't understand how this team isn't friggin' embarrassed to call themselves professional hockey players right now. My neighbor's girl scout troop could have done better than they did tonight.

I must say I do like that Marty shaved his beard tonight. Gets a point across to the team. (HELLO this is really is do or die idiots)

I don't get how there can't be enough professional pride in that locker room, after what's happened the last 2 years, to go out and play better than this. It's mind-boggling. I don't know how we can seemingly care more than they do. I can't fathom it.

This organization basically had a labotomy the day Scott Stevens retired.

Yep. That about says it right.

haha PK I love you and all your astrology knowledge.

I definitely need to go to sleep, I've started fighting with a Ranger fan about Devils sell outs on facebook. Clearly, I am still angry and will pick a fight with anyone. It's definitely time for sleep.

Goodnight Devils fans. We'll see what happens thursday. :)