It's a start...

thelastonealive

Per Sarah Baicker of CSN Philly via Twitter:

@sbaicker Carter and Gagne will miss Game 5 in NJ -- more coming on CSNPhilly.com...

It's not up on the site yet, but it was just Tweeted a few minutes ago.

Edit: From a different Philly source: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Injuries_to_Carter_Gagne_could_be_costly.html

In a statement, general manager Paul Holmgren said, "Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne suffered injuries to their right foot in Tuesday night’s game. Neither will be available to play Thursday, and both players are listed as day-to-day."
Edited by thelastonealive

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's something but neither of these players really have been difference makers for Philly this series.

Right, now if you had told me Pronger and Timonnen were out??? maybe

But in reality, it doesnt matter, it isnt about them it is about the Devils not playing with energy and playing a complete game yet this series. Every game except game 1 they started out like gangbusters and had leads in every game. Second period swoons have been this teams problem since January and it is nice to at least see some consistency there, they are still having them.

Gagne is no loss for them imo. He hasn't provided them much at all. Carter on the other hand appeard to be rounding into form over the last couple of games. He was starting to get chances in games 2 + 3 and obviously broke through last night.

it's something but neither of these players really have been difference makers for Philly this series.

I disagree with this.... Carter and gagne have always big players for philly, but......

How cares, we couldn't beat the Philly Phantoms right now as we are making Boucher look like the second coming of Patrick Roy.

exactly correct. Devils have made Boucher into patrick Roy.

Carter is a huge loss to them, and Gagne helps them in the offensive zone with making plays. There's no doubt about it that the Flyers are a noticeably weaker team without Carter and Gagne.

The Devils need to take this and believe that their luck is starting to change. They need to watch videos and find a way to nullify and take advantage of Philly's aggressive forecheck. I believe that overcoming their forecheck is the key to getting back in this series.

Obviously I don't like to see guys hurt. (Even Jeff Carter, hurts me to say...)

But if the Devils don't take advantage of this and win tomorrow, then yes... SERIOUS changes are mad. The Devils have one of the most talented teams around... and they HAVE to play to win and play VERY desperately tomorrow...

New Jersey Devils Hockey...Making ECHL goaltenders look like NHL All-Stars

New Jersey Devils Hockey...Wait there's 4 rounds???

New Jersey Devils Hockey...The East coasts San Jose Sharks

New Jersey Devils Hockey...And you thought Charmin was soft

New Jersey Devils Hockey...We make Houdini look like a side show come playoff time

New Jersey Devils Hockey...Where the 5 o'clock shadow is enough

New Jersey Devils Hockey...Beards are out of style anyhow

Day to day? LOL. If it's broken, it's series to series.

Well, if they are "day to day" and they try it should it get to 7, one of these Boy Scouts wearing red should "accidently" chop the skate of each player going for the puck.

Ah, what am i saying....that's old time thinking win at all costs in the Playoffs hockey. Doesn't exist anymore.

New Jersey Devils Hockey...We make Houdini look like a side show come playoff time

LMAO. Kudos run to the ditch. Well done.

Edited by MantaRay

Nice

It's not game 5 that scares me...it's game 6.

The statement "the pressure is all on Philly" is ridiculous. There is no pressure on Philly. The pressure has been on the Devils since last year when they fell apart and lost the first round in under 2 minutes.

I can see the Devils winning game 5, the Flyers have a couple players hurt, they are up 3-1 and losing 1 game will not shake their confidence, and Marty had his stinker which he usually follows up with a lights out performance.

What they need in game 5 is some ugly goals, some real DQ softie specials. Something to get into Booooooshaaaaaa's mind.

While your at it throw Elias, Parise, and Kovy out there for a couple 5 on 5 shifts, then let Parise double shift a few times to get Pronger away from him.

The statement "the pressure is all on Philly" is ridiculous.

Not so ridiculous if you think about it. For all intents and purposes, the Devils are already considered out of this series. In addition, the Flyers already have one 3-1 series that they screwed up royally to this very same team. The pressure is all on the Flyers to close us out, because there are no more expectations of the Devils. If the Flyers lose game 5 and 6, I would imagine that they would be nervous wrecks going into game 7 in NJ, where our fans would be energized, and the press having a field day. Of course, we first have to win games 5 and 6, but I'm just saying, it's pretty accurate that the pressure is on them right now.

But in reality, it doesnt matter, it isnt about them it is about the Devils not playing with energy and playing a complete game yet this series.

+1

How cares, we couldn't beat the Philly Phantoms right now as we are making Boucher look like the second coming of Patrick Roy.

+2

:lol:

Yeah....al their absences will do is make it even more embarrassing....even without Gagne and Carter....

Boucher definitely remembers 2000 when they blew the 3-1 lead. We need a big game offensively in game 5 to make him fear the possibility of another 3-1 collapse against us.

yes, thats the best way we will have to come back... come out strong offensively. score 6 goals on boucher and rattle his confidence a little bit.... Boucher is riding high on confidence right now and that is not good.

I hope its not too serious, but I hope its serious enough that they can't play 3 more games.

Those guys are really good, this makes their team worse. Good news for the Devils.

I feel dirty "rooting" for injuries but I'll take anything at this point. This team got huge help from the refs and that wasn't enough to win. Maybe fluky injuries will do the trick...

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

only difference is this team doesn't have a Daneyko or Stevens on it.

There are lots of differences. The Flyers are completely different, and we're completely different. We don't have Daneyko or Stevens, but we have other players that the 2000 team didn't have (such as two superstar wingers). There are pluses on minuses on all sides, there is no way to say any team has an advantage.