It's a start...

thelastonealive

TG also reported this about Carter and Gagne.

This is huge! This could be the "breaks" the Devils need to get back in this series. One game at a time and win Game 5. Carter and Gagne could be out for the rest of this series let alone day to day! Blessing in disguise for the Devils.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of differences. The Flyers are completely different, and we're completely different. We don't have Daneyko or Stevens, but we have other players that the 2000 team didn't have (such as two superstar wingers). There are pluses on minuses on all sides, there is no way to say any team has an advantage.

Yeah, the difference is that back then we didnt have to pray and cheer that 2 of their stars are injured. We are better than Philly fans and shouldn't have to stoop to their level with this hoping the other team gets hurt to benefit ourselves.

Boucher definitely remembers 2000 when they blew the 3-1 lead. We need a big game offensively in game 5 to make him fear the possibility of another 3-1 collapse against us.

I'm sure he remembers what happened 10 years ago more than how in control he is RIGHT NOW

Devils are 0-6 in Philadelphia this season including the playoffs. Not good at all. I am not worried about losing Game 5, which I believe the Devils will win on home ice. It's Game 6 the Devils have to bare down and win ONE fvcking game there on the road to bring it back to a Game 7 on home ice. In 2000 the Devils had to go to Philadelphia to win Games 5 and 7. this time around they have the home ice in the 2 of the 3 games remaining in this series.

We have not won three games in a row since December correct? :noclue:

Since winning 5 in a row from 12/12 to 12/21

I pointed this out somewhere a couple days back...in all of 2010 the have won only one set of back-to-back games vs. playoff teams, and both wins were at Prudential

Since winning 5 in a row from 12/12 to 12/21

I pointed this out somewhere a couple days back...in all of 2010 the have won only one set of back-to-back games vs. playoff teams, and both wins were at Prudential

Hey, if we lose, this might be a blessing in disguise. NJ Transit fares are going up big time starting May 1st, so at least I will not have to ride the train till October!

As big as the issue with making Boucher look like a Vezina candidate, when the fvck did we start making Aaron Asham look like fvckin Claude Lemieux out there?

That's the problem, pretty much the entire Flyers team is playing their best hockey of the year right now. There are very few no-shows, and even fewer mistakes made by their team as a whole. They've played an almost perfect series.

not really, if neither played in any of the four games, the series would still be the same. it makes them thinner, but they're not the problem. Pronger is the problem, and their grinders are the problem.

Really? Because Carter definitely made quite a difference last night.

Really? This Devils team was the 2000 roster?

Don't try to be smart, you know I meant this team, as in the New Jersey Devils.

Really? Because Carter definitely made quite a difference last night.

you remove him from the game and the Devils still lose. the second goal came on a 5 on 3 when the game was over. anyone could have scored that and would have.

and Gagne... it was a great save, but that was Madden on Weekes, in OT-level bad shot placement