Game 5 GDT: Flyers @ Devils

RSC

it's not that they look uninterested -- i think they look downright confused out there. the play seems desperate but not in a good way. they actually look frazzled and like they don't even know what to do.

You've nailed it. They're confused. They're probably thinking, "the Flyers weren't supposed to score first, now what?"

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my mind, there is absolutely no doubt that Jacques Lemaire isn't the Devils coach tomorrow. Baring a miracle (a win tonight), that is. Also, Langenbrunner can (should!) say goodbye to his C. He looked impressive during the Olympics, but back in Jersey, he looks like he couldn't lead a peewee team. Zach's inability to produce is depressing as well. I know the Flyers have his number, but he was always finding ways to score in the regular season. He's a shade of himself.

I'm not angry at the people venting here. Not at all. The time for feeling sorry and bad for this team is over. We're seeing the same story year after year after year. And this time they were really one of the favourites to make some noise in the playoffs. That kind of effort and outcome is absolutely unacceptable and these guys deserve nothing but boos for what we've seen in this series. I truly admire those fans who still find the will in themselves to cheer.

JL was heavily responsible for destroying the fire with which the Devs played in Game 2. Why couldn't he simply let the guys play with emotion? Kovy took 3 penalties, but those 3 penalties constantly fired up the Devs. Kovy was a huge factor in Devs winning that game with the way he was playing and it pushed other guys to fight and play with that desire. After that game, the Devils have just lacked emotion, consistency and perseverance.

In my mind, there is absolutely no doubt that Jacques Lemaire isn't the Devils coach tomorrow.

IMO, if Lemaire is gone then you have to gut half the roster, too. Blaming it solely on the coach (although justified in some ways) and not pulling some weeds off the roster only sends a message of "it's never the players" and i think that's the attitude some guys here have. They've gotten let off the hook in the past, but you can't do this now.