Devils Season Preview

Nieuwy25

2nd in east they are saying

and i dont know sounds kinda generous, where will be getting the ability to take the atlantic division

owell

Jesus, the optimism abounds here :o . I could use your comment towards just about any team in the Atlantic Division, when you think about it. What's so great about ANY of the teams that makes it WAYYYYYYY better than ALL the rest?

It would be nice if some of our fans weren't so friggin' gloomy before the SEASON EVEN STARTS and we see how this team is faring after a couple of months.

Albany River Rats

The Rowdies could be a worst-to-first story, what with COACHING FAILURE BOBBY CARPENTER gone and a huge influx of veteran AHL talent coming in. That list includes hometown center Craig Darby and defenseman Ken Sutton, two of the best in the minors at their positions.

Wait a sec, if he was so bad what's he doing as an assistant coach in Jersey??

Its always nice to read Bill Cements "unbiased" O-pinion.

Oh baby, thats the first pubication that I've seen picking the Devs 1st.

Does Derek-Purple-Kovy-Dag know about this? He's going to have someones head!

(BTW IS It me or is ESPN.com deadly slow today???/)

9 days, 2 hours and 20 minutes until the puck gets dropped in OTTA-WA.

:evil:

2nd in east they are saying

and i dont know sounds kinda generous, where will be getting the ability to take the atlantic division

owell

Jesus, the optimism abounds here :o . I could use your comment towards just about any team in the Atlantic Division, when you think about it. What's so great about ANY of the teams that makes it WAYYYYYYY better than ALL the rest?

It would be nice if some of our fans weren't so friggin' gloomy before the SEASON EVEN STARTS and we see how this team is faring after a couple of months.

i dont understand how im being gloomy. im just dont see how we can be first in the division, second in the conference, the fact the season hasnt started doesnt help me either, because iam thinking the worst, i mean look what happened last year

we have to realize what we lost along with what we gained, we dont really know for sure, that being said, sure we could be that good, but im not so sure about it

I dont understand how im being gloomy. im just dont see how we can be first in the division, second in the conference, the fact the season hasnt started doesnt help me either, because iam thinking the worst, i mean look what happened last year

WHY are you thinking the WORST automatically before the season starts? It's like if you do that, then you'll be thrilled if the Devs actually do WELL? :o I mean.. wtf???? What's the motivation?

I don't even bother trying to predict with this team anymore for the simple fact that you never know what you're going to get from game to game, much less year to year.

If you're saying "I don't see how we CAN be 1st" that indicates doom and gloom to me, sorry. I sure hope the team does not think like you :o .

(Note: I'm not even saying NJ WILL be #1 since I honestly don't know where they will end up in the division or conference. I think it is up for grabs until we see what all the teams can do in the regular season).

Does Derek-Purple-Kovy-Dag know about this? He's going to have someones head!

God... all those names.  I created a monster   :) .  Just call me by my first name, Derek.  Thanks.

What is the big deal about anyway   ;) ?  

(BTW IS It me or is ESPN.com deadly slow today???/)

That site usually is very slow.  

df

I dont understand how im being gloomy. im just dont see how we can be first in the division, second in the conference, the fact the season hasnt started doesnt help me either, because iam thinking the worst, i mean look what happened last year

WHY are you thinking the WORST automatically before the season starts? It's like if you do that, then you'll be thrilled if the Devs actually do WELL? :o I mean.. wtf???? What's the motivation?

I don't even bother trying to predict with this team anymore for the simple fact that you never know what you're going to get from game to game, much less year to year.

If you're saying "I don't see how we CAN be 1st" that indicates doom and gloom to me, sorry. I sure hope the team does not think like you :o .

(Note: I'm not even saying NJ WILL be #1 since I honestly don't know where they will end up in the division or conference. I think it is up for grabs until we see what all the teams can do in the regular season).

It's called reality.

You should try it sometime.

I'll give you this though, you'd make a great expansion team fan.....

Devils have the same chance of getting first in the division than the Rag$ or Flyers or Islanders. Noone knows the outcome till the outcome is upon us.

I mean you can't go saying that the Devs won't get #1 seed or whatever when it is still the preseason. You can say they will get the #1 seed before the season starts cause that is what you want to see and what you just might very well believe right now. I for one believe they are capable of it right now, now we gotta WAIT and see if they prove me wrong or not.

I'd like to know which team in the East has better goaltending than the Devs?

Funny how everyone is saying how much the Devs will miss Holik, yet they still rank them at the top of the conference.

Yeah they are saying the Habs got better goaltending because their goalie was good for only 1 year of his career. Sure it was a great year, but come on....he could be yet another 1 hit wonder for all we know, mostly likely not but still never know.

I'd like to know which team in the East has better goaltending than the Devs?

Which division shall I start in?

damn kyy i guess there are some things well never agree on :D

If you're saying "I don't see how we CAN be 1st" that indicates doom and gloom to me, sorry. I sure hope the team does not think like you .

what you see as gloom, i see as question worth bringing up

we cant predict success based on what we've done in the past, this is a new team, new coach, new style. im not predicting anything, just that things might not be as easy

thats just how i see things

(NJDev25 @ Oct 1 2002, 12:08 PM)

I haven't seen this posted.

Devils #1 in East

You've got to be kidding.

Who wrote the article?

That slob Mark Czerwinski from the Bergen Record?

What a complete joke....

I agree, damn a writer for thinking the team we cheer for might me good. Damn him!

-Scott

(NJDev25 @ Oct 1 2002, 12:08 PM)

I haven't seen this posted.

Devils #1 in East

You've got to be kidding.

Who wrote the article?

That slob Mark Czerwinski from the Bergen Record?

What a complete joke....

I agree, damn a writer for thinking the team we cheer for might me good. Damn him!

-Scott

Are you for real?

The whole point of sports writers is so that we, the fans, can get an objective view of the teams.

If I want a subjective 'rah-rah' assessment of my team, I'll come here..... <_<