New Hockey's Future Organization Rankings

nyrsuck26

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

New Jersey Devils

Strengths: Recent trades of Niclas Berfors and Patrice Cormier have hurt the organization. However, 2008 first-round pick Mattias Tedenby and 2009 first-round selection Jacob Josefson have both had excellent seasons in Europe. The organization is strongest on the wing and along the blueline, with Nick Palmieri, Matt Halischuk, and Alexander Vasyunov developing as forwards in Lowell. Defensemen Matt Corrente, 2009 third-round selection Alexander Urbom, Brandon Burlon and Tyler Eckford are also solid prospects developing well within the system. Weaknesses: The Devils lack elite prospects at any position. Jeff Frazee remains the lone goaltender in the New Jersey system, and there are many questions as to whether he will be an NHL backup, much less the organization's future replacement for Martin Brodeur. Top 5 Prospects: 1. Mattias Tedenby, LW, 2. Jacob Josefson, C, 3. Matt Corrente, D, 4. Alexander Urbom, D, 5. Jeff Frazee, G. Lost to trade: Niclas Bergfors, RW, Patrice Cormier, C.

Surprised to see the Devils so low. I mean, I know they lost a couple good prospects in the trade, but I definitely think the organization is better than #26.

Edited by nyrsuck26

Mike Mckenna will be martys back up next year, it'lll give grazee another full year in Lowell to actually play. I just think its a bit to early to draft a goalie, unless where going to do it with a 5th round pick or something. We will hopefully be drafted a C with atlantas 2nd

Rags @ 12 is a joke. half of their prospects have seen the NHL and they have all been sent back down. Yes MDZ is awesome and all of this, but you a good D in staal( who is the worst out of all three), gilroy and the other guy... gillertetti or some sh!t.

Surprised to see the Devils so low. I mean, I know they lost a couple good prospects in the trade, but I definitely think the organization is better than #26.

Don't sweat the ranking. The guy who picks the Devils does, IMO, a very fair job at rating the prospects while some other guys over there rate tons of marginal prospects as future superstars. Also, the site loves to rank teams with one or two top level guys over a team with lots of middle of the road prospects, and also tend to assume every boom/bust guy will boom, so both those factors also drive the Devils lower.

no mention of taormina, which just goes to show that hockey's future is still in the mode that the draft determines who's good and who isn't.

It seems to me the people who watch Lowell think he's the closest to be in the NHL next year. Not having seen him much I can't say whether that's accurate or not.

I think the analysis and the given #26 position are fair. However, trading away Cormier and Bergfors have no affect on that position as neither would have had an impact on our team. Bergfors will be a good player but he is not a Devils type player and would have failed on our team. Cormier is a d-bag and would have never made the team because of his personality and lack of on-ice discipline.

I think the analysis and the given #26 position are fair. However, trading away Cormier and Bergfors have no affect on that position as neither would have had an impact on our team. Bergfors will be a good player but he is not a Devils type player and would have failed on our team. Cormier is a d-bag and would have never made the team because of his personality and lack of on-ice discipline.

Saying that losing Bergfors and Cormier wont affect the organisations depth or have an effect on the team is rediculous. Losing Cormier is now looking like a huge blow because he is the sort of player we lack, someone with some grit and an edge. His attitude could easily be adjusted.

Bergfors just finnished 4th in rookie scoring with 44 points 6 game winning goals and 9 powerplay goals. Those are healthy numbers.

I think the rating will improve over the next year or so as the latest crop of prospects develop.

Amazing to see so many positive adjectives in a #26 ranking...

They've outlined every thing good about our prospects.. where's the bad?

lack of "elite prospects"?

There are at most 5-6 *elite* players in the league currently, yet they expect every team to have elite prospects?

I'd take 6-7 solid players over 1 elite player anyday

Here are my top 5 prospects that I am excited to see play in The AHL or NHL...

1. jacob josefson: good player, good passer, could develop in a Nicklas Backstrom type.

2. alexander Urbom: 6'4 216 lbs. good stats in the WHL, Good big defensman.Who can score.

3. Mattias tedenby: Good stats in the SEL, skill,fast,proved it in the U-20 tournament

4.matt Corrente: Saw him play with the devs, would like to see him at the D.

5.Nick Palmieri; loved how he plawed in his 2 games with us. good grinder.

Saying that losing Bergfors and Cormier wont affect the organisations depth or have an effect on the team is rediculous. Losing Cormier is now looking like a huge blow because he is the sort of player we lack, someone with some grit and an edge. His attitude could easily be adjusted.

Bergfors just finnished 4th in rookie scoring with 44 points 6 game winning goals and 9 powerplay goals. Those are healthy numbers.

I think the rating will improve over the next year or so as the latest crop of prospects develop.

Bergfors was better on the Thrashers - the stats aren't staggeringly different but considering he was a rookie that changed teams and he had better stats...

Bergfors on the Devils: .24 GPG 27 Points in 54 Games

Bergfors on the Thrashers: .3 GPG 17 Points in 27 games (34 in 54 pace)

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Bergfors also didn't adjust to the Devil's defensive game well - trading him will allow him to reach his potential

And to comment on Cormier, you just simply say his attitude (but it's really his personality) could easily be changed and yet we tried to change him after the first time he elbowed someone in the face and he just did it again a couple weeks later. Easily...are you kiidding me? THAT"S THE REASON WE TRADED HIM AWAY! That's what made the trade brilliant, we got rid of what we didn't need but the Thrashers could use. Cormier will be a dirty player in the NHL no matter what. Also it's easy to say Cormier has grit and an edge...that's BS, he's a dick with a violent temper. And how is losing Cormier looking like a huge blow?...maybe to you

Bergfors was better on the Thrashers - the stats aren't staggeringly different but considering he was a rookie that changed teams and he had better stats...

Bergfors on the Devils: .24 GPG 27 Points in 54 Games

Bergfors on the Thrashers: .3 GPG 17 Points in 27 games (34 in 54 pace)

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Bergfors also didn't adjust to the Devil's defensive game well - trading him will allow him to reach his potential

And to comment on Cormier, you just simply say his attitude (but it's really his personality) could easily be changed and yet we tried to change him after the first time he elbowed someone in the face and he just did it again a couple weeks later. Easily...are you kiidding me? THAT"S THE REASON WE TRADED HIM AWAY! That's what made the trade brilliant, we got rid of what we didn't need but the Thrashers could use. Cormier will be a dirty player in the NHL no matter what. Also it's easy to say Cormier has grit and an edge...that's BS, he's a dick with a violent temper. And how is losing Cormier looking like a huge blow?...maybe to you

Bergfors wasn't given the chance to excell on the Devils. Adjusting your game at NHL level takes time. Getting shunted to the third line as a scoring winger is going to bring anyone down, especially playing with niedermayer and pandolfo for a good few games. He could have made an impact here long term.

We didnt get a chance to work with Cormier. The first elbow was an accident IMO, the second was not good but its about understanding where the line is. The Devils as an organisation are pretty good at adjusting players attitudes. A good example of this is Corrente. Troubled player in Juniors who has now turned it around after two years in Lowell.

Also the reason we traded him was because Atlanta wanted him, they scouted him and liked what they saw. He has grit ,leadership abillities, good playmaking skills and a nice scoring touch, with the right coaching, (which i dont think he will get in Atlanta having seen what they have allowed Kovi to get swsy with)he could be an effective NHL centre on the third or second line.

But i guess the Devils are stacked with those sort of players so i guess your right. If Kovi walks no big loss right?

Also i will have to take your word for it on Cormier personality as well becuase unlike you i dont know him personally, and haven't spent time getting to know him like you have. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Bergfors wasn't given the chance to excell on the Devils. Adjusting your game at NHL level takes time. Getting shunted to the third line as a scoring winger is going to bring anyone down, especially playing with niedermayer and pandolfo for a good few games. He could have made an impact here long term.

The reason he was put on the third line was because JL wanted him to learn to play Devils hockey with guys like Pandolfo. It didn't work out.

Also i will have to take your word for it on Cormier personality as well becuase unlike you i dont know him personally, and haven't spent time getting to know him like you have. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's easy to attack a poster for something like this and think you did something brilliant. I could easily take most of what any poster say and criticize him for this.

For example you said:

Also the reason we traded him was because Atlanta wanted him, they scouted him and liked what they saw. He has grit ,leadership abillities, good playmaking skills and a nice scoring touch, with the right coaching, (which i dont think he will get in Atlanta having seen what they have allowed Kovi to get swsy with)he could be an effective NHL centre on the third or second line.

Well I could easily say to that: I guess you're right because I wasn't personally scouting him with the Thrashers staff like you were. I could easily say that, neglecting the possibility that you read that piece of info in an article somewhere or it's just your personal opinion and a valid one at that. The Devils don't have a lot of good prospects to look forward to and they deserve to be 26, but Cormier and Bergfors don't make much of a difference.

The reason he was put on the third line was because JL wanted him to learn to play Devils hockey with guys like Pandolfo. It didn't work out.

It's easy to attack a poster for something like this and think you did something brilliant. I could easily take most of what any poster say and criticize him for this.

For example you said:

Well I could easily say to that: I guess you're right because I wasn't personally scouting him with the Thrashers staff like you were. I could easily say that, neglecting the possibility that you read that piece of info in an article somewhere or it's just your personal opinion and a valid one at that. The Devils don't have a lot of good prospects to look forward to and they deserve to be 26, but Cormier and Bergfors don't make much of a difference.

Bergfors, with time, could have improved, he did every year in lowell. He wasn't given the time to improve.

After the Kovi trade Wadell came out and said they had scouted Cormier when they realised the Devils were seriouse and they liked what they saw. Lou also said something around the time to the same effect. If you want to find it be my guest it was a video interview for NHL.com it appeared on the Thrashers site.

Also the devils have a very healthy crop of prospects, the best this organisation has had in a long while. Bergfors and Cormier are top end prosects, they would make a difference on that list (especiallly considering what the list uses as criteria) and i think they make a differencde at organisational level.

Bergfors, with time, could have improved, he did every year in lowell. He wasn't given the time to improve.

After the Kovi trade Wadell came out and said they had scouted Cormier when they realised the Devils were seriouse and they liked what they saw. Lou also said something around the time to the same effect. If you want to find it be my guest it was a video interview for NHL.com it appeared on the Thrashers site.

Also the devils have a very healthy crop of prospects, the best this organisation has had in a long while. Bergfors and Cormier are top end prosects, they would make a difference on that list (especiallly considering what the list uses as criteria) and i think they make a differencde at organisational level.

You didn't get my last post did you? I wasn't arguing that the Thrashers didn't feel that way about Cormier, I made it clear that I was solely making an example of how I could have taken a shot at you the same way you did at me by making a comment about knowing or doing something personally WITHOUT keeping in mind that the person might have read it in an article or heard it in the media. Reread my post and you'll see that.

Secondly, you basically keep saaying the same thing: Bergfors is good and he would have developed with time into a much better player. But this doesn't refute my argument. I think Bergfors is good, I'm arguing that he wouldn't have prospered in the Devils organization and that's why the Devils traded him.

I did get your last post.

You were giving an example using my post. I didn't want you to think I was doing the same thing as you are, so I just backed my point up with a fact, just in case you wanted to know where I got it from.

You still haven't done that about you stating Cormier is a douchbag, I’m not pretending I have done something brilliant by asking you to back your point up with a bit of fact, but don’t be a hypocrite and then take offense when someone questions what you’re saying.

Its a discussion board, I thought the idea was to discuss other people's opinions? You stated you though Cormier was a douchbag, I disagreed and got annoyed because you were just making sweeping generalisations about a player you may or may not know, and I just wanted you to give me a valid reason as to why what you said is true.

If you do know him then that’s fine, I accept you argument and thank you for the insight into his personality. If it’s just your opinion based on what you have seen then don’t go around presenting it as fact with statements like:

Also it's easy to say Cormier has grit and an edge...that's BS, he's a dick with a violent temper

Also if you think I was taking a shot at you in that post then you need to calm down, you are the person so far who has taken the aggressive tone.

With the Bergfors thing I keep saying the same thing because it’s my opinion. I can’t be wrong on that, our opinions differ. So it’s agree to disagree time. I stand by my opinion that having seen him play for quite a while and what coaches and journalists have said about his game he could have developed, as he has done in the past, to be more defensively responsible.

His game in his own end is just taking more time to come along than at the other end. But if you don’t want to have some form of discussion on it and give me your opinion with a bit of substance to back it up as why he wouldn’t develop in a Devils jersey, rather than presenting it as fact again, then we should probably leave it at that.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9