Jacques Lemaire Retires

njdevil26

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why??

I KILLED Suckora (for almost a decade now) for qutting on this team, what Langs did was a THOUSAND times worse!

I've never agreed more with you...but Langs has something Sykora and Lemaire don't, a no-trade :P

I do think some big trade is going to happen this offseason, the players won't or shouldn't be allowed to skate by this time. Thing is you're going to have to convince Langs or Rolston to waive a NTC, or Elias a NMC to get an eye-opening deal done unless you really roll the dice and trade Zajac but that would leave us even more woefully short on natural centers, you're not going to get one as good in a deal.

This doesn't shock me at all. I said at the last game that Lemaire would "retire" or move to "scouting". Lou wasn't going to fire the guy.

lol, I think anyone who read the jelly story knew this was coming, it was only a matter of what form it would take and how long. My prediction was Lemaire wouldn't last a week after the game and Lou came in three days under that :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

Johnny Mac time?

No!!Yes i was sold on the Johnny Mac the player in 90's who helped the devils get to those stanley cup championships and eventually win im not sold on him as a head coach in the National Hockey League.This team is starting to beging to look like the Rangers when they went thru all the coaching changes and player changes because of their lack to win.I think this is just another bail out on the team something what Sutter did to us what a year ago?As far as coaches available John Stevens was a pretty sucessful coach with the flyers i like Hitchcock but i dont if he fits the devils mode and another coach ive been harping on is Pat Quinn he runs a tight and tuff system and his stats as a nhl head coach is not to shabby

I've never agreed more with you...but Langs has something Sykora and Lemaire don't, a no-trade :P

I do think some big trade is going to happen this offseason, the players won't or shouldn't be allowed to skate by this time. Thing is you're going to have to convince Langs or Rolston to waive a NTC, or Elias a NMC to get an eye-opening deal done unless you really roll the dice and trade Zajac but that would leave us even more woefully short on natural centers, you're not going to get one as good in a deal.

lol, I think anyone who read the jelly story knew this was coming, it was only a matter of what form it would take and how long. My prediction was Lemaire wouldn't last a week after the game and Lou came in three days under that :lol:

I don't think it will be much of a problem getting Rolston to waive his no trade clause if they have too. He has to see he basically doesn't have a role on this team anymore.

I'm right on board with those who want Langs' ass out of here. I'd become president of that club. Lemaire needed to go, but the sad truth is that it won't make any difference who the new coach is if the same cast of characters are here, namely the great leader Langenbrunner. After reading his comments about Lemaire stepping down, the only thing I can conclude is that he is a clown and a cancer. Obviously I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors but based on his terrible showing and his recent behavior, he appears to be just as much of an an issue as the coach was.

I think everyone would have something to be excited about if Rolston were the next to retire in the next few hours. Anyway, I liked lemaire, but like many, I was not sure that the constant line changes were good for this team.

if he retires, $5M stays on the books for the next two years. him retiring is basically the worst thing that could happen.... I'd rather have him around than that.

Agree with all, Langs. Rolston and Pando go, Kovy & Martin sign and we get a better back up goalie. But this won't happen not if Lou stays.

Hahaha you always make me laugh...you want to put the whole team in the garbage...Lou,JL,Brodeur etc etc haha even if I agree with you on JL I still don't agree with the fact that Lou should leave.We have one of the best GM's in the league if not the best and you will know it when he retires.

This is glorious news.

It was sad to see Jacques go out like this. He was one of the biggest reasons for the Devils' early success and I appreciate that. He was one of the best who ever coached hockey PERIOD (assuming this is really the end). He is a legend lest we forget that.

But god, he was the wrong coach for this team today. The thought of another year of his reign was painful.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Agree with all, Langs. Rolston and Pando go, Kovy & Martin sign and we get a better back up goalie. But this won't happen not if Lou stays.

LMAO. All of sudden LOU is the problem???? It was bad coaching plain and simple.

Langs, Rolston & Martin will no doubt stay.

Pando, Kovy, Peters, Special Nieds are all expendible.

I also don't see how Lou became the problem. :noclue: I think we are all in agreement that the 2009-2010 team had more then enough potential to reach the cup final. Lou wasn't the one on the ice showing no heart, making the mistakes, and not getting the job done. As far as we all knew the Devils team that he put together was going to compete very well this post season. It isn't his fault that they didn't produce...again.

I also don't see how Lou became the problem. :noclue: I think we are all in agreement that the 2009-2010 team had more then enough potential to reach the cup final. Lou wasn't the one on the ice showing no heart, making the mistakes, and not getting the job done. As far as we all knew the Devils team that he put together was going to compete very well this post season. It isn't his fault that they didn't produce...again.

I agree. This was a solid team, before the Kovy trade. We were 30-10 at one point. The coach lost the team and the players lost their way.

We changed for the worse after getting Kovy as everyone altered their play to defer to Kovy and became the New Jersey Thrashers.

I agree. This was a solid team, before the Kovy trade. We were 30-10 at one point. The coach lost the team and the players lost their way.

We changed for the worse after getting Kovy as everyone altered their play to defer to Kovy and became the New Jersey Thrashers.

When we got Kovy we definitely turned into the "NJ Thrashers" a little bit. But we lost our way before he got here. What was our record in January? The addition of Kovy just confused us a whole lot more.