Jacques Lemaire Retires

njdevil26

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta admit, I jumped out of my chair in happiness when I heard the news! :D Jacques, you were great in 1995 and thanks for that, but your time is up. You failed last year when it mattered most. You had to pay.

I don't think Kovy stays. If he does, it'd be great to see a more offensive-minded coach, but I don't know. We'll just see what transpires.

Well hopefully Lou realizes that the defensive style of play is not working anymore. Maybe a coach will be hired that implements more of a forecheck. We have such a talented group of forwards that should have produced much more.

Knowing Lou, he is doing the opposite of what we think.

I don't think it helps, Kovy had nothing but great things to say about JL. That said, Kovy is waiting until July 1st anyway so I don't think it matters.

kovalchuk had great things to say about everything in new jersey. he could've said that he loved how it smells around exit 13A on the turnpike.

but yeah, i don't think this really makes a difference one way or another.

from fire and ice

evils coach Jacques Lemaire announced his retirement this morning.

“After reflection and 17 years of coaching, I decided to retire,” Lemaire said. “It’s tough to leave what you like aside, but it’s a decision that I made and I will do.”

Lemaire tried to tell the team during a meeting this morning at Prudential Cennter, but was too emotional to get the words out, so team president and general manager Lou Lamoriello did it for him.

Lemaire will remain with the organization in a position to be determined.

Lamoriello said Lemaire’s decision became a “reality” in the “last 24 hours” and there has been no time yet to determine the future of the rest of the coaching staff or make any decisions about a possible successor.

Lamoriello said on Friday that he expected Lemaire to be back, but learned that he wanted to retire when meeting with him over the weekend.

Lemaire, who will turn 65 on Sept. 7, said the team’s first-round playoff exit had “nothing at all” to do with his decision to retire and that it was based soley on not having the “energy” to make it through the long NHL season.

Said in another thread that Lemaire was going to step down and retire as Devils coach. The players won this battle with Lemaire as they didn't like him and didn't want to play for him. Now there is a possiblity that Paul Martin will resign with the Devils now that Lemaire is gone.

Well this mess lands once again on the feet our distinguished gm -- for all the kool aid that this man dispenses.. people have yet to figure out how this continous replacement of coaches (no matter the reasoning) has hurt the franchise immensely. So which wrong coach will you hire lou? lol .. we'll know within 2 seasons