Mario Tremblay, Ken Hitchcock could top Devils coaching candidates

Rock

tremblay would be an excellent motivation for brodeur to run for it, let's not take a chance with that idiot.

Players hate Hitchcock. I am unsure how it would work out here. In some regards, it might be a good thing, like being a contrbuting factor for Rolston/Pando/Nieds to find motivation to retire.

If you watch the video of the players cleaning out thier stalls; you see Kovy leaving with 2 Brodeur goalie sticks. He must be anticipating his free agent value really taking a hit as I suspect he plans to Ebay them. Maybe he will even list them here in the Marketplace.

What about Lindy Ruff? Sabres haven't advanced the past few years either but I always find their style of play exciting. After last night he may be history in Buffalo.

I don't see Ruff leaving Buffalo any time soon though I could obviously be wrong. Hes a good coach but I do doubt his ability to motivate players at times other then just benching them for a few games until they decide to give some effort again. My friend is a big Sabres fan and he tells me when Vanek gets benched lol.

Edited by NJDevils1214

For the first time in my hockey life I have a better source then a writer.

I have to find out soon (already put the call in) what's going on with Haviland. It's probably nothing until their season is over.

Maybe it'll happen before then and he won't even get a shot.

If one of the inexperienced NHL coaches like Haviland or Boucher gets the job over MacLean that would be just wrong. As for Hitchcock and John Stevens there should be a rule that anyone who has coached the Flyers in the last 10 years should not be able to coach the Devils.

Rich Chere thinks Larry Robinson and Scott Stevens have better chances at getting the coaching job than Haviland or any other retread?

First of all giving the job to Scott Stevens as a former player before he was even a full-time assistant coach is a real stab in the back to MacLean. I doubt there is any chance Stevens is even considered. Larry Robinson I'd definitely be against, his coaching has run it's course in NJ. (Mad respect for him though)

I agree completely, which is why I was amazed that someone who gets paid to write about hockey even included those names.

Why doesn't triumph or someone like that get paid by a newspaper to write hockey stuff? Like, seriously, how does a guy like Mark (N)Єverson have a job?

Well as I hear Mark (N)Єverson gets all his material from NJDevs.com and MSWEET's blog so that's a whole other story. Scott Stevens is an exciting idea for a lot of people and a lot of over-anxious writers like that moron Brooks might jump on it, but Chere surprises me. Lou won't choose Stevens...no way. And I say that with no inside knowledge just like you do at the risk of looking like an idiot. But If Lou want's fresh blood, I have to think it's got to be Maclean. The only way he doesn't go J Mac is if he's looking for a seasoned NHL coach.

Edited by ben00rs