HTC Droid Incredible

thegame346

Honestly, I don't think a hard keyboard is required anymore. The software is so intelligent now that you can basically type 3 out of 5 letters wrong and it will guess the word correctly. I can type just fine on my touchscreen.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think a hard keyboard is required anymore. The software is so intelligent now that you can basically type 3 out of 5 letters wrong and it will guess the word correctly. I can type just fine on my touchscreen.

Ugh, I hate that kind of texting. I know exactly which of my friends use it because I'll get texts from them with completely random words that don't fit the train of thought at all. Then I have to look at my number pad and try to see what letters they probably meant to type and figure out what word they were shooting for.

Tried using it myself once. Once.

Ugh, I hate that kind of texting. I know exactly which of my friends use it because I'll get texts from them with completely random words that don't fit the train of thought at all. Then I have to look at my number pad and try to see what letters they probably meant to type and figure out what word they were shooting for.

Tried using it myself once. Once.

That sounds more like T9 word than anything. These smartphones like the Incredible use a different software technology and honestly it is much better than T9 word. 99 times out of 100 it gets it right even though I mess up 2 or 3 letters in a 7 letter word.

That sounds more like T9 word than anything. These smartphones like the Incredible use a different software technology and honestly it is much better than T9 word. 99 times out of 100 it gets it right even though I mess up 2 or 3 letters in a 7 letter word.

T9 ... yeah, that's probably it. I didn't realize there were more than one of these word-guessing texting whatchamajiggies.

T9 ... yeah, that's probably it. I didn't realize there were more than one of these word-guessing texting whatchamajiggies.

Yeah there are and this is a huge step up from my previous phone, a little LG flip phone that only did calls, text, and take terrible pictures.

Advance Task Killer app helps save on battery life some by closing unneeded apps running in your background while your phone isn't being used. Don't have a Droid yet, but a friend showed me his phone and that app. Looking to get one by Xmas. :)

Yeah tell me about it. This one friend I had I meant to send her a text saying "Well you have a nice day. I'll chat with you later" but the damn autospell sent her "Stop being an immature bitch you stupid fat whore" That was totally not what I meant to send :giggle:

From what I heard, the Droid 2 is going to have a slightly better keyboard than the original Droid from Moto. That is about it and nothing too special. I heard the screen is going to be a little bigger and run Android 2.2 (Froyo) as well.

I just ordered my Droid Incredible extended battery from a 3rd party hardware seller. The battery is a 1750 mAh compared to the 1300 mAh battery that comes with the phone. Cannot wait till it arrives!

hey can you find me a link for that battery? i'm definitely going to need one

hey can you find me a link for that battery? i'm definitely going to need one

Yeah, here is the link below, it is from Seidio:

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hhrv.htm

I am using it now and so far it is great. I'd say gives me about 50% more life than the manufacturer's battery that came with the phone and it arrived a little less than a week after I ordered it.

I did not download the advance task killer app yet, but I do look at my system and in the setting section there is an option to see what is running and usually there is nothing else going except for my facebook and email push notifications. This thing just sucks the life out of the battery.

Yeah, here is the link below, it is from Seidio:

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hhrv.htm

I am using it now and so far it is great. I'd say gives me about 50% more life than the manufacturer's battery that came with the phone and it arrived a little less than a week after I ordered it.

I did not download the advance task killer app yet, but I do look at my system and in the setting section there is an option to see what is running and usually there is nothing else going except for my facebook and email push notifications. This thing just sucks the life out of the battery.

Maybe if it were $20 less I'd buy it. I'm already paying $160 a month for my phone plan. I'm not adding an additional $100 in batteries.

I don't have that feature on my Incredible

Swype is mostly for android phones that have a smaller screen, therefore it is tougher to type the words with the keyboard on those and the swype does a good job with figuring the words out for you. My gf has a Motorola CLIQ XT running MotoBlur and her phone has swype because her screen is smaller and it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i think the only way to get it on the Incredible is hax

Nope. You can get it..it was in beta for a while...just search around.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartphones/smartphoneapps/News/513158/swype_now_available_on_android_for_free.html

I absolutely love my DInc. Phone is absolutely perfect. Once you tweek your settings right you can get a good 20+ hour charge from the battery.

Nope. You can get it..it was in beta for a while...just search around.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartphones/smartphoneapps/News/513158/swype_now_available_on_android_for_free.html

I absolutely love my DInc. Phone is absolutely perfect. Once you tweek your settings right you can get a good 20+ hour charge from the battery.

True, the one setting that helped the most was force stopping the calendar in the running services part under applications in settings. Now I get about 20-25 hours from a single charge under normal data/voice/texting use.

True, the one setting that helped the most was force stopping the calendar in the running services part under applications in settings. Now I get about 20-25 hours from a single charge under normal data/voice/texting use.

For me it was the auto sync on Facebook, weather, gmail, twitter, etc.

When the app checks for updates every 5 minutes even when its sleeping you're gonna destroy your battery. That and lowering the brightness to ~30%

For me it was the auto sync on Facebook, weather, gmail, twitter, etc.

When the app checks for updates every 5 minutes even when its sleeping you're gonna destroy your battery. That and lowering the brightness to ~30%

Yeah turned off FB, Twitter ( I do not even have that dumb service anyways), and a bunch of other stuff. The only thing I have running is Gmail and the message service that lets me have texting.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a pretty nifty trick... well not a trick as you are not tricking it to do anything but set your advanced task killer security to low which will show everything running and kill it all. Then press the home icon on the lower left of the phone. It will reboot back to minimum apps necessary while restoring memory and killing the apps you can't see also running, kinda like rebooting a computer. Saves a buttload of battery. I don't think powering the phone off then on accomplishes this either.

Another trick that added literally HOURS to my battery life was to simply stop the calendar from running in the background.

Go to settings, then applications, then running services to see your list of the apps that are on in the background. Force stop the calendar (should be listed as obex something) and that should take care of it. If you turn off your phone or restart it, be sure to go back into the menu to stop it again as it will always start running when you reboot.

This phone rules so hard.

I can't imagine going back to my old enV (original...by the way) after using this for a month now. Daily I think to myself, wow this phone is smart.

I am amazed at how customizable this thing is as well as the amount of free, really useful apps available on the droid market. I never have a problem with verizons service, its fast, its reliable, and I mean its like having a little pocket PC. I can do everything on it I can on my PC but play really high end games. It's useful in all situations. If you can afford the contract and the phone I would suggest getting it.