Concerts

Devils Dose

I would see Tool again any time...

and ill be at the Roseland Opeth/Mastodon show (cannot wait) ive seen Opeth twice before (One was a chronology of all of Opeths music in 2 hours) and again last september where they did acoustic stuff

im looking forward to seeing Mastodon

I would have gone to Roseland, but I'm going with my Tattoo Artist, who is in PA... so its kinda 50/50... Im REALLY excited to see Opeth as I've not seen them before, and theyve been on heavy rotation in my playlist recently. This will be the 2nd time I've seen Mastodon.. The first was at Starland Ballroom with Between The Buried And Me about 2 years ago... Musically they were on point... Vocally they had a bit to be desired.. Although that could have been the Crack The Skye material.. I think The Hunter will translate into a better live show.

Speaking of BTBAM, THAT is an absolute insane show.. (Ive seen them twice)

I would have gone to Roseland, but I'm going with my Tattoo Artist, who is in PA... so its kinda 50/50... Im REALLY excited to see Opeth as I've not seen them before, and theyve been on heavy rotation in my playlist recently.

Opeth is absolutely SICK live... Mikael Akerfeldt sounds JUST as good as the albums live, no joke.

hes also a real funny dude on stage, loves to mess with the audience and random people he sees... if you yell things out, he usually responds with something witty or funny

I don't know if anyone else here is/was a Van Halen fan. But I have to say that they kicked ass both last night and Tuesday night at MSG. Eddie Van Halen showed why he is still the greatest living rock guitarist in the world, even after all these years. And it is so exciting to see David Lee Roth back where he belongs, on stage fronting VH. He is the ultimate hard rock showman. Good times.

Edited by 95Crash

For those of you that like Ska or Streetlight Manifesto, Toh Kay is going on another solo tour with Dan P and will be in NYC april 25 and 26th. Ill be at one of those shows. I went last time to Joes Pub which is a fantastic place for small sets (seat about 50 people if that. Toh Kay was awesome. If you are a ska fan or a Streetlight Fan you can not miss this show. Seriously.

For those of you that like Ska or Streetlight Manifesto, Toh Kay is going on another solo tour with Dan P and will be in NYC april 25 and 26th. Ill be at one of those shows. I went last time to Joes Pub which is a fantastic place for small sets (seat about 50 people if that. Toh Kay was awesome. If you are a ska fan or a Streetlight Fan you can not miss this show. Seriously.

woah woah.. i may have to go to this, im a HUGE streetlight fan... and i heard about this in the past (from guys here and other places) def interested

.. I posted in the wrong thread earlier but...

RADIOHEAD!! Playing 2 nights at the rock. I hope they have some sort of pre-sale. If anyone here is a season ticket holder and gets advanced offer to buy tickets, and would like to help out a fan; I'd be extremely appreciative!

woah woah.. i may have to go to this, im a HUGE streetlight fan... and i heard about this in the past (from guys here and other places) def interested

Yeah man. I went to his last solo show in the city last year and it was hands down the best show I have ever been to. Tickets are only 12 dollars (15 after surcharges and crap) so its worth it. I got tickets to the Thursday show right on the stage. I am pretty excited about it.

$82 after ticketbastard fees for the Prudential Center shows. Oof. I really want to go, but it's hard to justify that kind of money, unless I can get on the floor...

It may sound a bit crazy but I could justify up to $250 for floor tickets for Radiohead. I saw them a few years ago and completely blew me away, by far the best live band I've ever seen AINEC.

There is a presale on radiohead's website today. They put the tickets on sale at a random time so scalpers and bots don't eat them up immediately.

Speaking of scalpers and bots, Iron Maiden did something interesting recently to combat that. For the current tour, which includes a stop at the Rock, they issued paperless tickets. You still buy them on Ticketmaster, but when you go to the concert, you have to show a vaild ID and the original credit card that you used to pay for the tickets, in order to get in.

Speaking of scalpers and bots, Iron Maiden did something interesting recently to combat that. For the current tour, which includes a stop at the Rock, they issued paperless tickets. You still buy them on Ticketmaster, but when you go to the concert, you have to show a vaild ID and the original credit card that you used to pay for the tickets, in order to get in.

If I can get on the floor (and be sure I'd be there early enough to get up close) I could justify a lot. But every ticket costs the same, whether you're on the floor or in 215. I can't justify $80 to sit that far away when I know the first row paid the same...

That said, it doesn't matter much anyway, I missed the pre-sale and will probably miss the public onsale. Damn.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else here is/was a Van Halen fan. But I have to say that they kicked ass both last night and Tuesday night at MSG. Eddie Van Halen showed why he is still the greatest living rock guitarist in the world, even after all these years. And it is so exciting to see David Lee Roth back where he belongs, on stage fronting VH. He is the ultimate hard rock showman. Good times.

I saw them in Philly. I would agree that EVH was incredible. He is a legend. Maybe it was the nostalgia, maybe my standards have been lowered but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. DLR seemed a bit stiff and forced but who cares. The songs rocked and the band sounded like they did 20+ years ago.

The new songs were meh.

Go see this concert!

I saw them in Philly. I would agree that EVH was incredible. He is a legend. Maybe it was the nostalgia, maybe my standards have been lowered but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. DLR seemed a bit stiff and forced but who cares. The songs rocked and the band sounded like they did 20+ years ago.

The new songs were meh.

Go see this concert!

Right on! Now that he's all cleaned up, Eddie's been playing his best in years. And yes, Dave can't move around like he used to, but he still knows how to work the crowd.

It looks like I will be going at least one more time. They recently added a second leg, including Philly (7-11-12) and East Rutherford (7-13-12).