Concerts

Devils Dose

Wavves and Dirty Projectors might be the two worst bands going.

Ditched my Swans tix last night to watch the season opener, but the DVR is gonna have to record tonights game. Ready to get pounded into submission M. Gira style.

Edited by Deke

Man i was so pumped to see Primus last night and ended up not seeing even one second of their show. A few minutes after Mucca Pazza left the stage, I saw some kid near me pass out. His friend picked him up and started carrying back but he passed out again. Then seconds later I started feeling light-headed and started walking to the back but I passed out on the way back there too. A security guard brought me to the back and sat me in a chair with a bottle of water with some firemen who were working there. I passed out again and fell out of the chair so they layed me down on the ground while we waited for an ambulance where I passed out a third time.

The firemen said I 100% definitely had a seizure but the doctor at the ER said I fainted from being dehydrated and seeing the other guy pass out, he called it a vasovagal syncope. Man what a bummer. Mucca Pazza was fun though, especially the first song where they came from the back of the crowd and played the first song while walking around the pit.

Beat. How are you feeling now? I went to an outdoor concert with a girlfriend of mine a few yeras ago and it was so hot that she started to feel her hands cramp up and feel light headed so we headed over to the first aid booth. So it sounds similar to what happened to you. That still sucks though. I hope your feeling better.

Went to the Jagermeister Tour (originally called the American Carnage Tour) in Scranton, Pa., last night. Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax -- Slayer playing the entire Seasons in the Abyss album, Megadeth playing Rust in Peace, and Anthrax reuniting with lead singer Joey Belladonna.

Megadeth didn't do anything for me, although I was never a big fan to begin with. Really enjoyed seeing Anthrax again after not having seen them in close to 20 years. ... Slayer kicked ass.

Beat. How are you feeling now? I went to an outdoor concert with a girlfriend of mine a few yeras ago and it was so hot that she started to feel her hands cramp up and feel light headed so we headed over to the first aid booth. So it sounds similar to what happened to you. That still sucks though. I hope your feeling better.

Thanks, I'm feeling better now, I went to work and played in my hockey game tonight and feel fine. It wasn't even hot in there at all, I was actually feeling kinda cold at the time. I think it was just from not eating enough and seeing the other kid pass out. The first time I passed out was a couple minutes after seeing someone else pass out too, so I guess I just have some kind of stupid reaction I can't avoid.

LOL on a different 'note' Friday night I went to Radio City to see a showing of 'LOTR The Two Towers' with a live orchestra and choir...

it was EPIC .. the scale enormous .. over 300 musicians and singers on stage. Cannot wait until next years 'ROTK"

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

Nice to hear it was so good. My wife wants me to take her to see it.

Thanks, I'm feeling better now, I went to work and played in my hockey game tonight and feel fine. It wasn't even hot in there at all, I was actually feeling kinda cold at the time. I think it was just from not eating enough and seeing the other kid pass out. The first time I passed out was a couple minutes after seeing someone else pass out too, so I guess I just have some kind of stupid reaction I can't avoid.

Did you completely pass out, or just partially? I once started to pass out at a show at Hammerstain Ballroom, but I was aware of it happening, and I fought it till I could get to the back wall and slump down onto the floor against it. I must've sat there with my eyes closed in a semi-awake state for about 20 minutes or a half-hour until I regained full consciousness. I never could figure out why it happened.

Edited by 95Crash

Did you completely pass out, or just partially? I once started to pass out at a show at Hammerstain Ballroom, but I was aware of it happening, and I fought it till I could get to the back wall and slump down onto the floor against it. I must've sat there with my eyes closed in a semi-awake state for about 20 minutes or a half-hour until I regained full consciousness. I never could figure out why it happened.

Yea I was completely out all three times. It was only for a few seconds at a time though. I know what you mean by that partially passed out feeling, that happened to me once when giving blood. I started to slump over and was barely awake until someone asked if I was ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I always park at the train station about a half mile north of the Wellmont when I go. Not worth the frustration of trying to find street parking.

Seeing Phoenix at MSG tonight. Quite excited, I've heard good things about their live show (mostly from this thread, I think).

Eve 6 are playing a pair of shows in NYC but I can't make it to either. Hoping I can swing winning Rammstein tickets or something - they're pretty expensive but I REALLY want to go to their show at MSG.

Just got tickets to see Ozzy Dec. 3 at Izod Center. TM had a decent ticket drop tonight. Got 14th row, center stage. Don't know how much longer Ozzy can keep doing this. Might as well see him again now while I can. Also, it's his birthday that day.

I saw Phoenix Sunday in Ithaca. By FAR the coolest visuals I've ever seen in a concert. I loved their french-ness ("un-deux-trois-quat!") and they are a lot of talented musicians that seem to really "get" it. The lighting was awesome--and it was extremely loud--the thumping bass turning it into a full body experience. Definitely recommend seeing them if anyone ever gets the chance.

They were so surprised they filled up a gym in Ithaca, seemingly a "step on the way" to MSG. Glad we made them happy :) since they made us happy too.