Concerts

Devils Dose

How is Roseland Ballroom? I've never been there but will be seeing Primus at that place September 30th.

Yeah I agree with the above comment. Its a big hall. Nice bar at the back. The sound in the place is really good also.

Outside Lands has a pretty decent lineup, I'm kinda wishing I went for that one instead of Lollapalooza again this year. Be sure to report back!

Will do, I cant wait. I have lived in SF for the past few years and this is the first time I have shelled out the cash to go. :boogie:

Edited by Dadds

STP at the Pony tomorrow, Weezer thursday, Blink a week from friday, volbeat a week from that date, and Rascal Flatts a week from that in miami (don't make fun of me, I'm taking a girl)

can't wait for Weezer... but im not sure how long ill last with the Flaming Lips... depends on my girlfriend and how hungry we are haha

Rascal Flatts... haha never heard their real stuff... but yeah...

apparently weezer and the flaming lips are doing something "different".. taking turns playing songs the whole time. like.. weezer will play 2, flaming lips will play two, they'll play a few togeether, alternating stuff like that. not sure if I'm thrilled about that.

so stoked for the blink concert and those f'ing awesome seats man! where are y'all sitting that you sold those puppies??

I know "life is a highway". dats it. I'm looking to get laid, so I don't care if it's the 3rd grade local choir groups concert-- if it's gonna make her happy, i'll do it.

sounds interesting (about the weezer/flaming lips thing) well see how it is thursday haha

we got seats in the 100 section center (i dunno my girlfriend got em somehow on ticketbastard)

well yeah then its worth it to go to some lame concert... haha

Edited by Microwavepizza

I think you guys will enjoy it. Even if you don't like the Lips' music, their stage show is crazy, and it looks like it's not changing much even though they're sharing the stage with Weezer, as least according to the singer's twitpic's hand drawings of the stage, hah.

really looking forward to the show tonight... i'm very intrigued by the stage sharing, and i saw some stuff from Weezer on twitter that looks so cool... cant wait!

ill post my comments about the concert later

Anyone else go to STP last night? Scott sounded really, really good. A little upset they didn't play Interstate Love Song and Dead and Bloated, but couldn't complain about too much.

Wow, those are pretty surprising omissions. Interstate Love Song is easily one of their top five songs. Might even be their best. Did they play a lot of post-Tiny Music stuff?

Wow... what a great show... Weezer/Flaming Lips

@8:30 both bands playing on stage together... The bands came out on a fake door that was opened by the screen and they walked down these stairs against the screen. Rivers and the Flaming Lips Lead singer were encased in their own hamster-ball type bubble and went crowdsurfing while INSIDE the bubble.. and of course, Rivers fell a bunch of times haha when i get pics from my girlfriend, ill post em here

The Flaming Lips had some CRAZY videos on a giant rainbow type screen with weird crap... usually up close body parts or 1/2 naked chicks dancing in negative light... but they were def excellent.

Their first 3 song set, they came out and confetti went everywhere.. then tons of huge ass balloons began to flow onstage and made their way around PNC... On the sides of the stage about 12-15 girls were wearing mini-dresses and dancing to the songs.

The lead singer had a camera mounted to his microphone that was real up-close of his face and was kinda cool. Tons of strobe lights and random colors

Weezer played tons of good songs, (My Name Is Jonas, Island In The Sun, Buddy Holly, Perfect Situation, Say It Aint So, Tired Of Sex, just to name a few)during (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To, Rivers jumped into the crowd and came through the center toward the first walkway @ PNC and sang the rest of the song with tons of fans around him. When the song was done, he hung out near our section for a few minutes taking some photos and giving people high fives, my girlfriend has a nice close pic of him singing while sitting on a rail around section 302/302

After going back and forth for 2 hours, Weezer and the Flaming Lips came out together and played Tangerine, on the side of the stage was a dude in an air suit with a giant star head... so many random things on stage during this time. Also much more confetti and balloons...

Last up was The Sweater Song with both bands which was epic... the Flaming Lips singer was carried out on a bounder dressed as a bear and he was shooting confetti and stuff into the air - Show ended around 11:15

Just one crazy awesome concert... if ANYONE has the chance to see either bands, i HIGHLY recommend seeing them

i do agree that it seemed crazy that Flaming Lips played 3 long songs and weezer played 3 shorter songs... and that long ass break where they jammed was boring, but overall i liked it... it was a different experience than anything ive seen before... If the Flaming Lips closed the show after weezer, i would have left during that long ass jam session... but i really did enjoy it when weezer was up and some of the cool crap the Flaming Lips did

But im always up for seeing Weezer live and was WAY more excited about their set than the Lips... no question

And i LOVED their cover of Paranoid Android... epic

BTW the one thing i really hated was the excessive amount of weed being smoked... i got nauseous due to it... i cant stand that crap

Edited by Microwavepizza

Saw The Black Angels 3x a few weekends ago. Great people and great band. Playing again over Halloween, another 3 nights at Music Hall of Williamsburg. Going to all 3 lol. Arctic Monkeys in AC. Not much else pre-planned but thats subject to change, I usually get to 2 random gigs a week at lesser known places or something I had no plan to go to.

Blink/MCR tomorrow!

HELL YEAH!

glad you like ur seats haha...

i'll be in the center orchestra section watching as my girlfriend swoons over Mark, Tom & Travis... but should be a real good show

and i have zero care about MCR... never liked them much

In Chicago for Lollapalooza. Starts tomorrow morning. On the docket:

The Vaccines

Young the Giant

The Naked and Famous

Electric Touch

Reptar

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Foster the People

White Lies

Two Door Cinema Club

A Perfect Circle

Bright Eyes

OKGo

Coldplay

Muse

Likely partial sets of Coldplay, Muse and APC due to conflicts (they scheduled Coldplay and Muse at the same time. Weak.)

• 3 weeks later...

The Damned Things are playing Friday @ Gramercy Theater in NYC

Lead Singer and Bassist of Everytime I Die

Drummer and Guitarist from Fallout Boy

Both Guitarists from Anthrax (Scott Ian FTW)

gonna be epic... if you haven't heard em, and you like just solid rock, check em out

Thinking about taking a trip up to SUNY Oneonta next month. Reel Big Fish is playing there and my friend just transferred there for college.

Word is theres a good amount of girls on that campus also. :pray:

haha nice!

enjoy! they played a cover of Brown Eyed Girl when i went... such an awesome version

and woo chicks!

Let's see, on the docket for me is...

TV On The Radio & Broken Social Scene at the Mann Theatre in Philly

Peter, Bjorn, & John at Maxwells in Hoboken

M83 at either Webster Hall or Music Hall of Williamsburg, haven't decided quite yet

And maybe Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree at the Best Buy/Nokia/Corporate Sponsorship of the Week Theater in Times Square.

I feel like there's gonna be one or two more shows added between now and Christmas, too.

haha nice!

enjoy! they played a cover of Brown Eyed Girl when i went... such an awesome version

and woo chicks!

Yeah their cover cd is awesome. I havent seen them in about a year so it should be good times.

Aaron the lead singer has been in and out of the hospital during the last tour because of "fluid in his abdomen" but apparently hes doing well again and ready for a few more concerts.