Poor Rowdy!

Shtikl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...

I'm going to sound like an idiot but I just put 2 and 2 together to realize that's why your name is RowdyFan.. I always thought you were just a rowdy (ie. crazy and wild) fan of the Devils.. It all makes sense now

I'm going to sound like an idiot but I just put 2 and 2 together to realize that's why your name is RowdyFan.. I always thought you were just a rowdy (ie. crazy and wild) fan of the Devils.. It all makes sense now

Well done. :thumbsup::koolaid:

Sad. So very, very sad ... that a hockey mascot skates so poorly.

Listen, you... :P

I never connected those dots either

poor rowdy, why don't the just keep them the river rats...better that way...hell the loch monsters were a cool name too...

Because this franchise is slowly becoming stuck in the past obsessed with an old way of doing things which just DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

(the biggest part of me is it just seems DUMB to ignore a history you were a part of with the River Rat thing)

.... the only thing missing from the video was the old "Incredible Hulk" piano song as he skated into the sunset

Yeah the Devils have bigger things to worry about then the AHL Team Name... but it's part of the problem in essence....

making the Titans the Trenton Devils was dumb too :P

Absolutely it was! :cheers: And they're paying for it in lost fan support. And they will probably pay the same way for not buying the River Rats name, but the previous franchise owner gets to keep it.

can we start a keep Rowdy petition? Is there one?

I'd start a Facebook group--- but I'd be the only member... like crickets chirping and stuff... :saddevil: Rowdyfan?? I'd lose my anonymity for Rowdy even.

See how all quiet I am on facebook even with that freaky dude who hates police eh? :doh1: I'm a fvcking pansy (I already know that's going to say pansy.. had no idea I use the kitty word so much)-- then one day I'm this giant a$$hole who snaps and tells everyone to just shut the fvck up in some insane over the top way -- I hate that. I went off on someone at work yesterday - wasn't even that bad but .. nevermind! :argh: anyhow - thanks you fro allowing me to pretty much say my mind here most of the time!

OK I just watched the video -- yeah those ARE tears. whaddayou care <_<

but seriously -- what's with his ankles even unbearable...

I think someone should just always be Rowdy the unofficial mascot -- I bet Lou would totally run him out of town have security kick him out of the arena... These Devil mascots BLOW -- they suck

The guy who had been the mascot for a number of years got to keep the most recent costume, from what I heard. One of the older ones (I can tell by the head shape) is up on eBay now, it ends tonight... I'm seriously considering going for it, even though 1) it'll cost over $400 when you include shipping, and that's assuming no one else bids more on it, and 2) there's no way I'd ever be able to wear it (too short, way too fat).

There's some sentiment floating around here that the Tri-City ValleyCats (minor league baseball team in Troy, same league as the Brooklyn Cyclones and Staten Island Yankees) should pull a reverse Youppi and add Rowdy to their mascot menagerie. It would certainly be a gesture of good will, and even though they're not hurting for fan support, it should help them out in that regard.

poor rowdy, why don't the just keep them the river rats...better that way...hell the loch monsters were a cool name too...

Because this franchise is slowly becoming stuck in the past obsessed with an old way of doing things which just DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

(the biggest part of me is it just seems DUMB to ignore a history you were a part of with the River Rat thing)

.... the only thing missing from the video was the old "Incredible Hulk" piano song as he skated into the sunset

Yeah the Devils have bigger things to worry about then the AHL Team Name... but it's part of the problem in essence....

oh for sure...bet a lot of those trenton fans were flyers supporters.

I don't get it. Why didn't Carolina take him with them? Didn't the River Rats move to Carolina? What will be the name of that team? Won't it be River Rats? I'm so confused. Someone has to want this rat. :noclue:

The team will be moving to Charlotte, but they're not taking the name, logo, or mascot with them. The AHL franchise will be replacing the existing ECHL Charlotte Checkers, so they'll be assuming that identity. The River Rats brand was retained by their owner and was going to be made available to whichever AHL franchise came into Albany. Since it's the Devils, it's practically guaranteed that Lou will maintain the organization-wide Devils branding rather than adopting the local flavor.

And there's another installment.

Before you watch, be warned: have a box of tissues handy. Some viewers will find this video profoundly depressing.

Jeez ... I kept expecting to see Rowdy fire up a spoonful of smack and tie one off. That's some serious downer sh!t right there.