Poor Rowdy!

Shtikl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez ... I kept expecting to see Rowdy fire up a spoonful of smack and tie one off. That's some serious downer sh!t right there.

HAHAHA! So true...

It's going to be awesome when the last video is NJ and Scorch showing up to adopt Rowdy.

That would be awesome if it happened!

I think that's the next video. Jeebus, this sh!t is depressing.

THIS IS SO FREAKING SAD! Poor guy.... he's so adorable. :saddevil:

The team will be moving to Charlotte, but they're not taking the name, logo, or mascot with them. The AHL franchise will be replacing the existing ECHL Charlotte Checkers, so they'll be assuming that identity. The River Rats brand was retained by their owner and was going to be made available to whichever AHL franchise came into Albany. Since it's the Devils, it's practically guaranteed that Lou will maintain the organization-wide Devils branding rather than adopting the local flavor.

Thanks for the info. Actually it sounds familiar that I had read about the Checkers before. IMHO that is a dumb name and makes one think of the board game rather than the "checkers" on a hockey team. Hey maybe the Devs will have the sense to go with the River Rats and Rowdy since they did use the team name and mascot before. Lou does respect tradition. We can only hope. I did see a few Rats games during the lockout and found the atmosphere awesome and the mascot very cool. :evil:

Edited by LizDevil30

The Checkers have their own mascot, a cuddly polar bear named -- wait for it -- Chubby. Since the team is part of their community (just like the Lock Monsters were part of Lowell and the River Rats were part of Albany), I'm sure people in Charlotte would rather keep the team name and mascot, regardless of the affiliation or the league -- and rightfully so. The Checkers name dates back to 1957 although not continuously (wow, Charlotte went 17 years with no hockey!). Anyway Lou's not talking so let's see how Rowdy's situation plays out.

The bus station looks rather tidy I thought... back in the day we'd take the bus from NYC to Albany to visit the in-laws-to-be.

I obviously got lost in thought... I'm making over friend chicken -- you fry it first then bake the fat off :noclue: whatever...

Edited by Pepperkorn

The hudson river is the best river ever... <_< Rowdy is a symbol of hockey on the Hudson -- REAL hockey not the Manhattan kind where the river never freezes.

Come on can't they just put horns on him.. the horny rats? :unsure: uhh oh... or not.

I just think people shoudl speak out and make sure Lou knows we want Rowdy to stay -- he's a traditionalist - the Devils branding is already WITH Rowdy... I have a Scott Stevens and a ROWDY bobblehead.

Well... I'm drinkin' now... I'm dipping into a really sh!tty spanish red! so HA! and then I'll post while yahooing the game score... and drink MORE! SO HAA HAA! (I'm not actually drinking yet... just thinking I oughta) I'm so glad cable didn't f*ck me cutting out now... for once in my life I feel they were sparing me....

and for that I thank them :pray:

and I'll be sure we never cave and take advantage of any full service cable offer again! :cheers:

I just want Rowdy to stay... he NEEDS to learn to skate and stuff right? What sort of halfassed 'tween Devil will they be putting in Albany anyhow? Maybe a girl devil named Jezabel - I DARE them!

Edited by Pepperkorn

The hudson river is the best river ever... <_< Rowdy is a symbol of hockey on the Hudson -- REAL hockey not the Manhattan kind where the river never freezes.

Come on can't they just put horns on him.. the horny rats? :unsure: uhh oh... or not.

I just think people shoudl speak out and make sure Lou knows we want Rowdy to stay -- he's a traditionalist - the Devils branding is already WITH Rowdy... I have a Scott Stevens and a ROWDY bobblehead.

Well... I'm drinkin' now... I'm dipping into a really sh!tty spanish red! so HA! and then I'll post while yahooing the game score... and drink MORE! SO HAA HAA! (I'm not actually drinking yet... just thinking I oughta) I'm so glad cable didn't f*ck me cutting out now... for once in my life I feel they were sparing me....

and for that I thank them :pray:

and I'll be sure we never cave and take advantage of any full service cable offer again! :cheers:

I just want Rowdy to stay... he NEEDS to learn to skate and stuff right? What sort of halfassed 'tween Devil will they be putting in Albany anyhow? Maybe a girl devil named Jezabel - I DARE them!

This post was full of WIN. :cheers: Cheers PK! :giggle:

And there's another installment.

Before you watch, be warned: have a box of tissues handy. Some viewers will find this video profoundly depressing.

Holy sh!t! That animal shelter is RIGHT outside my house! FUUUUCK, WISH I WAS HOME TO CATCH ROWDY SKATING AROUND!!!!!! jshdalksdhjlfds

We need the last video to be Johnny Mac coming in and adopting him! :rofl: and keeping him at his house ... showing him golfing with the wife and stuff hangin' out by the pool with a mai tai...

well that's a second to BC's suggestion.. THAT is the ideal :pray:

Edited by Pepperkorn

My guess is Rowdy's gonna take a turn to the dark side. He's gonna start kicking puppies, crapping in mailboxes and punching Rangers fans. With each kick, punch and dump, he'll sprout devil horns out the top of his head. In the end, the Albany Devils will find themselves hiring a big, red rat mascot with horns and a pitchforked tail who feeds on packs of wolves that come from Hartford.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

My guess is Rowdy's gonna take a turn to the dark side. He's gonna start kicking puppies, crapping in mailboxes and punching Rangers fans. With each kick, punch and dump, he'll sprout devil horns out the top of his head. In the end, the Albany Devils will find themselves hiring a big, red rat mascot with horns and a pitchforked tail who feeds on packs of wolves that come from Hartford.

You win the thread. :koolaid:

Like this guy???

Gotta admit.... Darth Rowdy would be hella awesome!!!!

(can't be worse then Lucas' dialogue :P)

's Part III.

I *just* saw that and was coming here to post it. High-larious!

Pet Connection is a real segment that airs Mondays and Thursdays during the 5:30 news on the local ABC affiliate. Steve Caporizzo, the station's chief meteorologist, is a huge animal lover and features animals in need of adoption. This particular segment is fake, obviously (as in it wasn't really on the news... as far as I know), but it was cool of Steve and the staff at Channel 10 to get in on this.

I loved Rowdy's reaction when Steve said if adopted, Rowdy would need to be neutered laugh.gif

:whistling: One could make the case that the 2000-2006 River Rats team played as if they were neutered. I hope Dweebles do a little better when they return to Albany. :argh: