World Cup 2010

redruM

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally, I don't like it, but I am able to successfully ignore the constant drone of those horns after a while, but I know some other people, like my wife for instance, are being driven crazy by the sound.

Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere

Didn't mind it at first.....until today when I realized the sound was stuck in my head hours later.

great result

Heskey should have gotten yellow, maybe red

I was asking that myself. How did Heskey not get a card for sliding with a stretched leg into the keeper. That deserved more to be a red card than the tackle from Australia’s Cahill

I tried watching some soccer this weekend and it was painful. No excitement at all. No goals. Players standing around unless the ball was in that part of the field. lots of unnecessary noise from the crowd, lol.... just horrible to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Reminds of the Simpsons episode where they went to the soccer match. lol

I guess you have to be a fan of soccer to enjoy it.

Finally, first game for the Netherlands! Don't let me down boys!

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

It wasn't exactly total football, but I'll take the win nonetheless.

We have a habit of playing great in the group phase, only to be eliminated quickly in the second round (not much unlike the Devils). So hopefully it is the other way around now.

It wasn't exactly total football, but I'll take the win nonetheless.

We have a habit of playing great in the group phase, only to be eliminated quickly in the second round (not much unlike the Devils). So hopefully it is the other way around now.

The Italians are masters of this. They barely make it through the group stage and then win it all. In 1982 they had no wins in the group stage.

I tried watching some soccer this weekend and it was painful. No excitement at all. No goals. Players standing around unless the ball was in that part of the field. lots of unnecessary noise from the crowd, lol.... just horrible to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry.

A European commentary about baseball would be similar. I guess you have to grow up with the sport.

The Italians are masters of this. They barely make it through the group stage and then win it all. In 1982 they had no wins in the group stage.

You are 100% correct about this. I'm trying not to be excited about today's match because I know whatever team is on the field today is not the team that is going to miraculously show up two or so weeks from now.

A European commentary about baseball would be similar. I guess you have to grow up with the sport.

I am an every-four-years soccer fan, and I think the game is fantastic. Like in any sport, there are going to be boring matches. Watching Germany was not boring yesterday. Watching France-Uruguay? Not so much.

I am an every-four-years soccer fan, and I think the game is fantastic. Like in any sport, there are going to be boring matches. Watching Germany was not boring yesterday. Watching France-Uruguay? Not so much.

Unfortunately so far the most teams are more worried about not losing than playing with the urge to win.

I think soccer is the next most exciting sport after hockey. Just a shame that while MLS has grown quite a bit since it first started, the level is not quite as good as the European leagues.

lol I love that Simpsons episode and the part that most rings true are the names of the players. There was a Ronaldo from Brazil is a Brazilian great and Christino Ronaldo from Portugal. There is also a Ronaldinho as well haha.

TV Announcer: The Continental Soccer Association is coming to Springfield!

It's all here--fast-kicking, low scoring, and ties? You bet!

Bart: Hey, Dad, how come you've never taken us to see a soccer game?

Homer: I...don't know.

TV Announcer: You'll see all your favorite soccer stars. Like Ariaga!

Ariaga II! Bariaga! Aruglia! And Pizzoza!

Homer: Oh, I never heard of those people.

TV Announcer: And they'll all be signing autographs!

Homer: Woo-hoo!

TV Announcer: This match will determine once and for all which nation is

the greatest on earth: Mexico or Portugal!

Game will start being really exciting when we hit the 1/8 (and more the 1/4)

it's classical to have tight/boring game for the first game for every team... scared to failed their enter ... we all know that the first game is so important !

Teams like Argentina, Netherland for example have done the minimum...

Teams like France, England... and looks like Italia will have to raise their level really quick... i'm not sure it will be possible for most of them

Germany will be in semi-final... as usual

AND i hope Spain & Brazil will be DESTROY (ok i doubt that.. but i can hope)

First round is about surviving ... especially if youre a little fish going up against the sharks.. no one wants to lose australia-style otherwise you lost before you even began the tourney. You measure your opponents within your group and hedge your bet against the team you can beat -- 4 points almost makes it in so a win and 2 ties is good stuff. Last games of the first round are always desperate matches.

Looking foward to Spain, they will liven things up.

But someone else did say it already, the first round is abut survivng, and the first games are about not losing.

I expect as the teams start to play their 2nd games we will see some bett Futbol.