With stealing and taunting, Chris Pronger leads by example

Part of Pronger's makeup as a leader is being the agitator-in-chief for his team, and the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals are no exception. Witness Pronger here after Monday night's 2-1 Game 2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, repeating his violation of hockey protocol from Game 1 in which he collected the game puck in defeat to keep this one-of-a-kind memento away from his rivals

Pronger is a real class act

Chris Pronger is one of the biggest bungholes in the league today. But dammit, the guy makes pretty much every team he plays for into a Cup contender. I wouldn't be surprised of Philthy rallies around this.

Chris Pronger is one of the biggest bungholes in the league today. But dammit, the guy makes pretty much every team he plays for into a Cup contender. I wouldn't be surprised of Philthy rallies around this.

true

I didn't realize how classless he is. I'd take everything he brings to a game, except for that. It's also obvious he doesn't like those western teams. He didn't do anything like this against any of the Eastern teams he faced. I honestly found no reason to hate him this year.

I didn't realize how classless he is. I'd take everything he brings to a game, except for that. It's also obvious he doesn't like those western teams. He didn't do anything like this against any of the Eastern teams he faced. I honestly found no reason to hate him this year.

well, he usually saves his best for the playoffs, and against us, there was no reason for him to do anything. most of our players are scared sh!tless of him anyway. how can you crosscheck Brian Rolston headfirst into the boards, when he'll pull up if he's beating you to the puck.

of course, that pull-up led to a Flyers comeback and if we got the two points in that game, we don't play them.

Edited by maxpower

I actually kind of like Pronger, partly (or mostly) because he'll cross the line when the refs aren't looking. But this just seems so...petty.

"Heh heh, you're up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Final? Yeah, well heh heh, ummm, I like stole the game puck heh heh, yeah."

beavis.jpg

Edmonton, Anahiem, Philly, the last 3 teams he was apart of he brought them to the finals........ I'll give him credit that he does improve a team to go far into the playoffs......

:wub: jester greg puckdaddy - thanks for just putting it out there at least.

I dont find him a chippy scamp -- I find him a huge a$$hole who has no problem stomping on guys with his skates. Stevens acted like a big arrogant prick but Pronger has a meanness of spirit I have ZERO admiration for, nor do I find it charming pesty stuff. I always hated it when I felt that trace of meanness in Stevens - it's weakness and I dont enjoy it. But with Pronger - it's a character thing - he'd smack his kids - kick his dog out of joy not weakness or frustration.

This is sports after all, we hate the bully/a$$hole when he is on the other team and love him when he is ours. It's not an easy thing to manage but if you can find a team that can mesh that grit with finesse it's special. Either way, as someone stated earlier it's little plays that create wins and right now that is what Chicago is doing so Pronger can provoke all he wants but Chicago still has a 2-0 series lead.

I wonder if he would do the same after a shutout ?

I don't mind headgames (and while lots of pucks are used during a game) but traditionally the winning team picks up the puck at the final horn after big games like a Cup Final. Maybe to be used as a keepsake for player, coach, GM, sick dude in hospital --- so to me, its a bit too much to take away something that might have better meaning to somebody else.

So I'll consider this childish, as there's less permanent ways to play headgames.

Perhaps when the 'Hawks win, they will put silver duct tape over Pronger's name when they have possession of the Cup for the next calendar year ? Now that would be due payback !

Edited by BlueSkirt

This is sports after all, we hate the bully/a$$hole when he is on the other team and love him when he is ours. It's not an easy thing to manage but if you can find a team that can mesh that grit with finesse it's special. Either way, as someone stated earlier it's little plays that create wins and right now that is what Chicago is doing so Pronger can provoke all he wants but Chicago still has a 2-0 series lead.

I hate these kind of comments -- someone ALWAYS hauls that Awwww you'd love him on your team crap. No, I wouldn't. I do NOT like anything about PRonger. I love Avery :blush: I admit it. I'd never want him on my team though -- but he provides endless amusement klap2.gif .

I ADORE bitching about S. Nieds - but I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Not a fan of Chara but I think I'd like him as a Devil. hmmmm... I can't think of more examples -- well -- I hate Shannahan and I hated that he joined the Devils - I think he's full of sh!t but whatever - I dealt with it :noclue: . I like Rolston as a player - I mean I think he's a sincere guy I just think he's no good in NJ ever - I dont think anythign will change that :saddevil: thus I never wanted him back at any time. Hmm... someone like Jeremy Roenick - he's SUCH an a$$hole -- he's also amusing -- so if in his prime he played for the Devils, I dont know.... I trust Lou so maybe I'd like him -- but there are things I despise about Marty I can't keep to myself -- thank goodness I dont have to keep a lid on why I think Madden is such a total IDIOT any more :doh1: you know, so whatever --- I'd PUKE I'd never stop puking if Devils got Chris Pronger I say I intensely dislike him fo rno other reason than I DO! Nothing will change that.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Whenever I see Chris Pronger I say "I fvckin hate Chris Pronger" but nowadays i usually say so with a big grin. I don't know why but my malice for the guy has moderated extremely. The opposite is true of Sean Avery, for whom the contempt grows daily with no provocation whatsoever. I'm such a headcase