Devils' Kovalchuk will test market

overtime98

McKenzie:

Word I'm getting, and this can change in a heartbeat, is that if Ilya Kovalchuk is going to sign in Los Angeles, it will NOT happen tonight.

translation, LA is flying him out there so he can be there to announce in a press conference.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

translation, LA is flying him out there so he can be there to announce in a press conference.

Translation: No bidding wars for Kovy. He will wait and see if a market develops for his services right now there isn't.

KHL was a rumor started by Grossman so this day would be a quick cash day for Kovy.

... much to your disappointment.

My # 1 concern for this team: 2nd line Center (Arnott-Check).

My # 2 concern for this team: 2 quality D-men if Martin Leaves (Talinder/Volchenkov- check).

My # 3 concern don't overpay for Kovy.

The smokescreen on the KHL and the alleged LA interest is starting to wane. If we can get Kovy for $6 million, I would be fine with that.

• 4 weeks later...

lol. man, when kovalchuk signs with LA, all your posts are going to look funny. this is a satansdevils level of commitment to something which you really don't have any idea about.

Ouch. I re-reading these posts it turns out he was right, LA really had no interest and it was Kovalchuk's agent putting these false rumors out until his agent almost had to beg for the Kings to sign Kovy only to be rejected again.