Pennington Out, Maybe For The Year

Jimmy Leeds

What else is new? The Jets are the Boston Red Sox of the NFL :rolleyes: It's always the same s(p)it, different year. :saddevil:

Of course, I wouldn't exactly take anything the Post says as gospel...but at the very least Pennington's out for a few weeks and that'd be bad enough with Miami and New England in the first three weeks of the season.

All I was saying that Short already got one Jet QB, maybe he will get another one on November 2nd.

Why say it at all then, if you're truly not wishing for injuries?

And the precise phrase you used was KO Vinny (which implies hurt him), not sack Vinny. 99 out of 100 people would have read your quote the same way, it's not our fault you used poor judgement.

People gotta stop thinking so negatively.

Short hurt one QB, maybe he will hurt another one. That's nothing bad, just something to think about.

Just like Elias got a hat trick, maybe he will get another one.

Or...

Hasek just got a shutout, maybe he will get another one.

Or...

Clemens just pitched a no-hitter, maybe he will pitch another one.

That was the intent of my comment.

When Short hit Pennington, I immediately thought the way Pennington landed was awkward. It's too bad the Jets lost him for so long (probably 12 weeks). That's the thing about preseason that I hate. Too many guys get hurt during these games. Cut it down.

Jets fans probably think their team is jinxed. But you never know. Maybe Testaverde will perform well. He looked sharp last night. Obviously, when you lose a key player like that, it's tough. But you still have some good players there and a good coach. Maybe they will rally around it.

Seriously, they do have to reconsider the preseason. I mean there are 16 real season games and so many pre-season? That is crazy! Football isn't like baseball or even sometimes hockey where you can coast through the game. Each play in football involves some heavy contact.

They have to do something - first Vick, now Pennington :( It's not worth the risk for something that doesn't count for anything.

And, I really hope Testaverde will do well. Maybe it can be like last season, where one QB can't do the job (only this year for a different reason) and the other steps up. It would just be the other way around. *crosses fingers*

we had relatives over and my dad and I couldnt' find the game!!! Can you stand it even!? Another reason to be grateful for no cable -- too many channels! :lol: But we did see the injury clips.

I'm sort of excited for football Pro and College! I just hope Michigan kicks Notre Dame's stupid candy ass right off! I'm a Jets and Giants fan. I liked the Jets first though so I may be a little partial to green myself! The Lions are always good for a laugh! :lol:

A full season of Vinny will entertain the non-Jet fans at least :)

I have to admit seeing the mass dejection in Poor Billy's is always fun

(hey week 4 could be a win for the Cowboys now !! :P )

or Green balls as I like to refer to him... this just sucks! Maybe I'll be a Patriot fan this year...

Seriously, they do have to reconsider the preseason. I mean there are 16 real season games and so many pre-season? That is crazy! Football isn't like baseball or even sometimes hockey where you can coast through the game. Each play in football involves some heavy contact.

Of course it's all about the money with the extra preseason games (since they charge regular season prices for preseason games). To think there used to be SIX preseason games - when there were fourteen regular season games; no coincidence now that it's gone down to four preseason it's up to sixteen regular season.

Ray Lewis who's not exactly my favorite football player did put it well recently. His quote was something to the effect of: 'Do you think if he had the chance the Atlanta owner would pay the money he got from the extra two preseason games to have a healthy Michael Vick? Do you think the Jets owner would give back the money to have a healthy Chad Pennington?'

or Green balls as I like to refer to him... this just sucks! Maybe I'll be a Patriot fan this year...

Yeah I've been calling him that since the mid-90s.. it's funny to yell Vinny

Greenballs in a crowded sports bar :D