2003-04 Jhl Season Thread

NJayDevil

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft order will be randomized (except for the #1 spot which goes to Hasan since he was last year's winner and gets to select which draft spot he wants).

Draft has I believe 8 or 9 rounds.

1st round goes 1-20. Then 2nd round goes 20-1. Then 3rd round goes 1-20. And then so on and so forth.

So even though you have the #1 draft spot, you won't get to pick next for a while but then you will get to pick 2 in a row. It's a neat little system that makes it as far as possible.

Same goes to the player with the 20th selection in the 1st round. You will be the last in the round, but you will get to pick 2 in a row. So you will get the 20th and 21st pick which isn't a bad deal at all. Get 2 really good caliber players. But then the down side is you won't get to pick a player until everyone picks their 2nd and 3rd round selections. So there is a bright side and a down side to every draft spot.

I'll be up for the challenge B)

Since there's 16 players to a team (like last year) I gotta believe the draft will be 16 rounds too ;) I do like the snake system for the draft; there are advantages and disadvantages to every spot as NJay said. I did want the #1 overall for obvious reasons though :uni:

BTW, I notice there's a couple new categories this year - faceoffs is a nice addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Still just waiting for 1 more person, JHof. Hopefully he is ok and will be on before the Draft Day.

My brother still needs to sign in but he's been busy the past couple days but he is in it.

Now should I take 1 reserve spot for JHof just in case he can't make it in? Like on the day of the draft and he still hasn't gotten to a computer, should I give his spot to the next person that wants it? Cause once the league has its draft, no one can join after that so it would be a waste of a spot if he couldn't make it in time.

Any thoughts?

Give JHof a few more days and see what happens. It should be his spot. Hopefully, he'll sign up.

NJay said the day of the draft so I'm sure he intends to give him all the time he needs.

Of course we still have to discuss whether we should stick with the current draft date. I'm fine with the day and time myself...how about everyone else and what would you suggest if you're not?

BTW, NJay I only count 17 teams in the league; who else is missing? JHof and your bro only get to 19.

JHof is in, just got a PM from him.

I don't have the sheet in front of me on who is in for sure but I thought that there were 18 teams in it as of acouple days ago and now with the addition of JHof and my brother, should be 20. Internet is down in my dorm hall again so I'm in the library which is why I don't have the sheet in front of me at the moment.

And about the Draft Time, mostly everyone I have talked to said they will be able to make the time, except for 2 people off the top of my head that I can think of right now (JHof and Swede) but JHof already did his pre-rankings so he is good to go.

I just read the thread in Hell about another league another member is starting and he said mostly all of the good Draft Times are filled already so it looks like we will be stuck with the one we have right now.

You are right Hasan, there are 19. My internet is still down in my dorm but last night I checked my list the the only person missing is "LetsGoDevils". So we shall see what happens. Hopefully he will sign up before the draft, if not, like an hour before the draft, I will give his spot away to someone who may want it. I would really like to have all 20 spots full. Just makes it that much more interesting.

You are right Hasan, there are 19. My internet is still down in my dorm but last night I checked my list the the only person missing is "LetsGoDevils". So we shall see what happens. Hopefully he will sign up before the draft, if not, like an hour before the draft, I will give his spot away to someone who may want it. I would really like to have all 20 spots full. Just makes it that much more interesting.

Okay :blink: call me stupid, but where just exactly am I to go to sign up? First year of playing this and I have no clue as to where the draft website is and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year I had 1 starting goalie spot and right now I have it set to 2. For the people who were in it last year, you guys liked it how only 1 starting goalie position or would you prefer 2?

Keep it two! The one position was a hassle for me last year. :)

• 3 weeks later...