2003-04 Jhl Season Thread

NJayDevil

I know, the two don't even compare...but hey, Giggy sucks too!

No they don't compare...because Modano can't blame his sudden decline on the league shortening his pads without his consent :P:uni:

That and he was never "one of the best"...I know, that didn't add anything, but I just wanted to say he wasn't "one of the best" :P

:evil:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't compare...because Modano can't blame his sudden decline on the league shortening his pads without his consent :P:uni:

That and he was never "one of the best"...I know, that didn't add anything, but I just wanted to say he wasn't "one of the best" :P

You meant Michelin Man, right :evil: After all, Modano had 85 points last year and was a PLUS 34 if I remember offhand correctly; I'd say that's one of the best.

You meant Michelin Man, right :evil: After all, Modano had 85 points last year and was a PLUS 34 if I remember offhand correctly; I'd say that's one of the best.

Hehe yes, I meant Michelin Man!!

Geez, freaking Modano is a -6 in two games for me, against two .500 teams no less :o Good thing the rest of my team's covering his sorry a$$...but no wonder nobody protested the Berard trade :lol:

I know he's the captain and that's given him a lot of additional pressure, but you just can't go from being one of the best to outright sucking overnight? (except if you go to the Ranger$ or the Met$ anyway) He can't finish up with a -80, can he? :blink:

B) Didn't like Modano's play so far this year, that's why I offered him for Berard. I wan't to add some kick to my defense since Doan and Savard (prior to his injury :argh: ) were carrying my center position nicely.

Now Berard isn't supposed to play until Friday night, with luck. More luck, he stays healthy for me. :pray:

Well I wouldn't have given up on a guy of his caliber after ten games myself...but I looked at your roster after taking your trade and figured out your rationale for offering it up.

I didn't really want Berard cause of the team he was going to; his plus-minus probably won't be all that great, and who's gonna create the offense for them with Daze and Zhamnov out? Plus I do have Hamrlik and Zidlicky as offensive d-men.

And if I absolutely have to, I can bench Mo's ass in favor of Langkow (who's a decent enough player).

I didn't really want Berard cause of the team he was going to; his plus-minus probably won't be all that great, and who's gonna create the offense for them with Daze and Zhamnov out? Plus I do have Hamrlik and Zidlicky as offensive d-men.

And if I absolutely have to, I can bench Mo's ass in favor of Langkow (who's a decent enough player).

Giving up on Modano wasn't that hard. I just don't think he'll have that good of a season from his past ones. Assuming he stays healthy. Dallas's "D" has changed much with the loss of Hatcher and Sydor. I just feel it's going to ripple onto the forwards play. :noclue:

Yeah, the only disadvantage of Berard is he's on Chicago now. Still, I think there are higher rewards than risks for trading for him. Time will tell.

And that doesn't count MacInnis (who you had to let go) or Niewy :o Small wonder you went from first to like fourteenth in no time.

You do have a lot of injury risks on your roster to begin with, but Blake, Zetterberg and Jackman shouldn't be among them; you've also been unlucky from that aspect.

Has, it seems impossible to get any closer to you... :argh: I thing I'll need to trade for a top goalie for that to happen. My players are scoring like never before but that isn't givving me any morte points

:argh:

And btw. Can hackett please start playing better!!! :pray:

Yeah RD, you've zoomed up the standings PDQ...and just imagine if Michelin Man ever got going again - you might wind up dominating; even over mine and Swede's teams.

Swede, apparently there was a high-sticking, an instigator, a fighting penalty and a game misconduct for Jokinen in the last three minutes (of course the game was 4-0 at that point).

You do have a lot of injury risks on your roster to begin with, but Blake, Zetterberg and Jackman shouldn't be among them; you've also been unlucky from that aspect.

Some of my players are coming back. This has been a rough 2 weeks but I made up 8 sports over the weekend. I want to stay close to the top 5. My goalies have been no help. I need Khabibulin to get hurt or traded so Grahame can step in a be the man.