2003-04 Jhl Season Thread

NJayDevil

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has, trying to improve one area like plus-minus is what got me in trouble with my money league. I was so obsessed with trying to fix it that I made some deals I shouldn't have. Sometimes, you're just better off leaving things alone.

You're right...but I didn't mean I hurt my team in other areas trying to improve my +/- (I'm in the top four in six of the ten offensive categories and am doing reasonably well in two others), I meant I hurt the +/- itself more times than not when I tried something to improve it. Getting too cute with matchups and things like that. Like playing Modano against the Penguins :P

The +/- has just been a bug up my butt for most of the year because it's one of the few categories I'm not doing all that great in :lol:

Looking back at this season and overall I am pretty satisfied with my first fantasy league season. However, I did not realize that goaltenders would be such a large part of the team. For next season I will make sure that I have decent goaltenders before I do anything else... I thoght I did that this year figuring that Hacket at least would win a lot of games :argh:

it sucks when your offense is doing so good and still you cannot get anywhere

Legace killed me last eve. I knew I should've benched him. :argh:

Chokemanek will be riding pine the rest of the year too, even if /WHEN he comes off IR.

Got to say, this year has been fun. :lol: Even if I've now fallen out of first. :evilcry: No pressure. :saddevil:

:rolleyes: Gawd, I picked up a Pen to help me at Center. Arrgh!

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno...you gained another few points on me tonight I think. Have to wait till tomorrow to see the official carnage though.

I have to admit I actually did think the last couple of weeks were going to be a victory lap after I had the comfortable lead for a while, but I should have known better. My team's been playing mind games with me all year - they're talented but ridiculously inconsistent...just like the 2001 Devils :P

Still, my team just can't blow a 20-point lead with two weeks to go...right??? :unsure:

Fact is I don't know what I'm going to do at center this weekend, I have four games left and Thornton's I guess out now (not that I wanted him to do much this weekend anyway :lol: ). I could play Bonk but Ottawa has two tough games. I just picked up Draper for tomorrow and might get someone else for Sunday if Thornton's still out.

I COULD have played Modano against the Blackhawks on Sunday at home, but honestly at this point he doesn't deserve another chance, especially in this crucial situation. So I'm officially done with him, and I let him go too late for anyone else to pick him up (which is actually a good thing since I knew the minute I let him go he'd somehow get back on track) :P

Go ahead, try one more time to put the kibosh on me if you want. I'm on to you :lol:

It ain't over yet though...you picked up 13.5 points on me in two days THIS WEEK, and you're 9.5 down so you've got a chance. A lot of the categories are close, I could gain or lose points in them. One thing that might help me is I have five guys playing, but you only have three guys (Roenick, Amonte and Kiprusoff if he plays) whose games will count because you've reached your maxes.

Still one day left though, there's plenty of time after for congratulations either way. :P

Heh, when I picked up Kraft I actually thought, 'Gee I hope he has a Rupp-like performance (i.e. come out of nowhere and contribute in a big game)' and lo and behold he did with a GWG :o

Of course Roenick had a shorty and Amonte had a good game and none of my other players really contributed so guess it's wait and see time.