2003-04 Jhl Season Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, you could do far worse than Crazy Eddie (and Grahame)...after all, he was one of the biggest reasons I won the league last year :lol:

Swede, you might be the Colorado Avalanche of our league (only without the buttbuddies) :uni: At least you have Hackett though, he should be okay provided he doesn't lose his job to Esche.

RD, your offense should be fine once the buttbuddies come back :evil: but geez, your goaltending may yet end up killing you. I thought your goaltending would be more than adequate especially after you got Roloson and Raycroft. But who woulda thunk Raycroft would be your #1 a month into the season :P Still early though; hot and cold starts can be mirages.

I'm not set in stone on anything, but I guess a center would be first on my list since Yahoo! isn't in any hurry to make Bonk eligible :P (and I need him at LW anyway) and I only have two centers now as a result. I'd also take an upgrade somewhere else, like one of my starters and Berard for a better starter or one of my bench players and Berard for a better backup.

Damn it....and Damn it.

Well I can't have Lalime only, and that Buffalo backup rarely plays. I really don't want Giggy either cause he really sucks.

Nedved, Barnes, Sedin, Johnsson, Slegr, Dvorak are up for trades. Samsonov and Pitkanen are available for the right price, but I would need good players in return.

hahaha ...NJay must think we're stupid or something -- yeah, Barnes is off to a good start, blah blah blah, but come on, he's not THAT good and he won't STAY that good. Plus the fact that the players he's trying to get from us are MUCH better than what he's offering up.

I have not accepted a single trade offer from him...he's attempted to get Sykora, Elias (twice), and Theodore.

Smolinski was offered twice, but I got him for nothing in the end, perhaps Stu Barnes will be available on waivers too! :lol:

I don't think Roloson is even the starter anymore with Manny in there.

Theo has been struggling but atleast he plays games and gets shots and saves, while Lalime gets the great W-L-T, GA, GAA, SV% for me, I need a goalie that gets a boatload of shots and gets other reasonable numbers. That Buffalo backup gets nothing, which is why he's gone now.

Reason Barnes keeps coming up because of my abundant of Centers that I've tried to cut down a little. I'm keeping Spezza around for obvious reasons, unless the right offer comes up. Brindamour is around for me becauses hes a faceoff ace, gets me like all my FW's.

Barnes won't be this good for the whole year, but he's still going to put up above average numbers. He's on the Stars now who have good players on virtually every line, he's going to put up better numbers than he did in Buffalo.

And RD, that trade proposal was like my first or 2nd one to you, I always start out proposing something rather weak and then building up. Why start any other way? Trying to get the best bang for your buck.

Sammy, I attempted to get Sykie like almost a month ago and haven't tried for him since, and won't again. I offered Barnes for Theo because it looks like your weak down the middle, with the exception of Elias. Igor plays like every other game, Smolinski is putting up rather ok numbers, and Elias is doing his thing. Figure I would throw at you a decent center to help you in that area while trying to get Theo and helping my goaltending area.

And back to RD for a second, you said you wanted to get rid of players. Meaning you would want a trade for 3 of your players for 2 players from other team, to free up room for when Kariya comes back. That's WHY I offered that trade up in the beginning. Why would you say you wanted to get rid of players if you were looking for a 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 deal, that doesn't free up any room.

Sammy, I attempted to get Sykie like almost a month ago and haven't tried for him since, and won't again. I offered Barnes for Theo because it looks like your weak down the middle, with the exception of Elias. Igor plays like every other game, Smolinski is putting up rather ok numbers, and Elias is doing his thing. Figure I would throw at you a decent center to help you in that area while trying to get Theo and helping my goaltending area.

I know it was a while ago, but I never said you were looking for Sykora recently.

As for helping me down the center, that's all good, but not at the expense of my goaltending, and Theodore is pretty much all I've got w/ Turek down and Nurminen not getting the wins lately either. It would have left a pretty big hole dontcha think?

heh, calm down there boy...

I said I wanted to get rid of a few players, that doesn't mean I can change my plan, which I did. As soon as Kariya comes back, I'm dumping Hannan. Simple as that. Besides, you're nto the only one who made a proposal anyways.

Geez, freaking Modano is a -6 in two games for me, against two .500 teams no less :o Good thing the rest of my team's covering his sorry a$$...but no wonder nobody protested the Berard trade :lol:

I know he's the captain and that's given him a lot of additional pressure, but you just can't go from being one of the best to outright sucking overnight? (except if you go to the Ranger$ or the Met$ anyway) He can't finish up with a -80, can he? :blink:

Geez, freaking Modano is a -6 in two games for me, against two .500 teams no less :o Good thing the rest of my team's covering his sorry a$$...but no wonder nobody protested the Berard trade :lol:

I know he's the captain and that's given him a lot of additional pressure, but you just can't go from being one of the best to outright sucking overnight? (except if you go to the Ranger$ or the Met$ anyway) He can't finish up with a -80, can he? :blink:

J.S. Giguere. :rofl:

I know, the two don't even compare...but hey, Giggy sucks too!

Isles aren't a .500 team, in fact before tonite, they had the same record as the Devils and now lead the Division.

Yah, Modano is the Captain, but it seems like he's just another player that doesn't play as well with the C as he does without. I think he's briefly had it before and wasn't one to want it either.

We need Nieuwy25 in here! :D