Eklund (2.3% accurate) Banter

Devs4LIFE

Mission accomplished by ek though, I mean, there's a thread here, at least 3 on hfboards, and probably quite a few elsewhere. He's probably gotten a ton of hits on is webpage today. +$$$$$

...I mean, I'm not sure how this works for him, it goes against common sense (you'd think, after enough made up bs, people would stop believing anything he says and checking his page), but then again...it is a long, and boring, offseason. :noclue:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, he must be kidding. :lol:

lmaonade.gif

And to those holding their breaths: Semin is only signed through 2011, so we would most probably end up with Kovy leaving this summer anyway, Semin next year and without Marty of course. :lol:

Wow....

Devils management has indeed discussed the possibility of trading Brodeur in an attempt to acquire a first line center, although he has a no-trade clause in his contract and would have to approve a deal. Brodeur also has a very close relationship with general manager Lou Lamoriello.

Source

Is Rich Chere really using Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) as a lead now?

Devils management will share with the media any information on any trade discussions they've had with other teams the day Lou Lamoriello is no longer part of Devils management.

I'm disappointed in Chere.

Wow....

Source

Interesting this would come from Chere. He's not one to stir the pot...and I would say he's probably got the best inside sources out of anyone in the media associated with the Devils.

Of course, it doesn't mean anything will or is even close to happening.

Is Rich Chere really using Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) as a lead now?

Devils management will share with the media any information on any trade discussions they've had with other teams the day Lou Lamoriello is no longer part of Devils management.

I'm disappointed in Chere.

Or did Chere use Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) as a way to get it out there so he doesn't look like the leak?

I dunno, if the Devils are exploring if Marty would accept a trade then I think the team is being very savvy.

Of course I think none of this is true and that there is no chance that Marty is going to be moved.

Or did Chere use Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) as a way to get it out there so he doesn't look like the leak?

That would mean Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has sources other than his imaginary friends, and that's about as likely as LD joining the Marty Brodeur Fan Club.

(BTW, I love how the 2.3% thing gets doubled up whenever his name is mentioned in a quote)

Psh, it looks like Chere has changed his article to say Devils Brass never discussed it. What a joke

Edit:

I emailed TG about it for reference, and he sent me this

After losing in the first round for the third consecutive season, they talked about all avenues, including trading Brodeur.

That was something someone in the organization mentioned to me less than a week after the Devils lost.

It's one thing to discuss something in theory as opposed to actually entertaining an offer for him.

So it was discussed but never seriously I guess

Edited by CADevilsFan

Psh, it looks like Chere has changed his article to say Devils Brass never discussed it. What a joke

Wow, you're right. Talk about an about-face. He went from ...

Devils management has indeed discussed the possibility of trading Brodeur

... to ...

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello today emphatically denied that there have been any discussions by management about the possibility of trading Brodeur.

Lamoriello was very clear in stating that any rumors claiming Devils management has discussed traduing Brodeur were "not true."

C'MON RICH!

Edit: After reading your edit, I wonder who the "someone in the organization" was.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is implying that lou had nothing to do with the trade, which means brodeur is the one potentially requesting it. he's either clutching at straws or brodeur wants to win a cup next year. either way i don't see him leaving.

I would say clutching at straws and praying it happens so he could call it his most epic moment ever. But that'll never happen.

I think SNY may be getting in on the act now. I'm watching the Met game, and when they were previewing tonight's Sports Nite earlier, Gary Apple says: "Is a local future Hall of Famer about to be traded?" Pretty sure I know who he was talking about, given all this talk.

I think SNY may be getting in on the act now. I'm watching the Met game, and when they were previewing tonight's Sports Nite earlier, Gary Apple says: "Is a local future Hall of Famer about to be traded?" Pretty sure I know who he was talking about, given all this talk.

Was it really? I can't believe they would give Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) this kind of street cred.

I can't think of anyone else it would be though. I doubt they would refer to Revis that way right now but that might be upcoming too at the rate the Jets are going lol.

EDIT: Well if Chere intimated it in his article too then yeah I guess they would piggyback on him.

Edited by NJDevs26

Okay lets say that the Caps and Devils are actually talking a Marty trade. The bidding starts at both Backstrom (who just signed a new mega contract), Carlson, and either Neuverth or Varlamov.

No. It starts with Neuvirth and a first rounder, or something more.

I don't think Marty is really worth what we're thinking.

This isn't Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s fault, it's Chere's fault. Our beat writers are clowns. I wonder if this is going to piss off Lou enough that he goes back to his mid 90's confrontational way of thinking, as to dealing with the media.