Devils Camp Roster

Weekes Head

Again, sorry if it's already been posted...

#NEW JERSEY DEVILS#

-------------------

Goaltenders: Ari Ahonen, Martin Brodeur, Scott Clemmensen, Matus

Kostur, Corey Schwab

Defensemen: Alex Brooks, Sean Brown, Mark Chvatal, Phil Cole,

Matt DeMarchi, Raymond Giroux, David Hale, Anton Kadeykin, Paul

Martin, Mike Matteucci, Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski,

Krisjanis Redlihs, Scott Stevens, Victor Uchevatov, Colin White

Forwards: Maxim Balmochnykh, Christian Berglund, Jiri Bicek,

Sergei Brylin, Scott Cameron, Brett Clouthier, Greg Crozier,

Craig Darby, Patrik Elias, Adrian Foster, Jeff Friesen, Brian

Gionta, Scott Gomez, Steve Guolla, Chris Hartsburg, Joe Hulbig,

Cam Janssen, Erik Jensen, Eric Johansson, Steve Kariya, Ivan

Khomutov, Bill Kinkel, Jamie Langenbrunner, John Madden, Grant

Marshall, Ryan Murphy, Ahren Nittel, Jay Pandolfo, Thomas

Pihlman, Ilkka Pikkarainen, Erik Rasmussen, Mike Rupp, Rob

Skrlac, Turner Stevenson, Aleksander Suglobov, Joey Tenute, Petr

Vrana

Kind of interesting, on the Devils' official site, they took Nieuwendyk's name off of the profiles/roster...his name had been there until at least yesterday (when I last checked).

how come albelin's name isn't there?

Perhaps it is an old list, perhaps it has something to do with it being a free agent tryout. Technically as of right now he's just a free agent skating with the Devils. I don't recall if the other former player seeking a tryout a few years ago( I can't remember his name either.) was on the roster during camp.

His name was David Maley and I doubt it.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a list of players who were INVITED to camp?

That's it thanks! Maley just wanted to catch on with some 2nd or 3rd tier club anywhere, and needed to be with a team to show he could still play.

This is my first time posting here.

I have a question for anyone that know's the answer. How are Chvatal and Kadeykin doing? I'm just wondering how they are fitting in. Oh and did Tenute ever show up to camp? I know he had a shoulder injury but I wasn't quite sure if he would show or not.

Balmochnykh may make some noice at camp, last time he was in North America he was 185 pounds, now he is 210. He used to be known to get pushed around and not be able to break checks. He now has the size to survive in the NHL. He is the only player I have an odd good feeling about.

Khomutov is amazing, I have ppl in London giving reports on him, I think that his problems last year were all becasue of his coach. He seems to be doing quite well in London.

Hm, I am doing an intensive 8-week course on Advanced If A, then B theory.. dunno how much that'll give you though.

As I remember Rock, he played a year in Albany and called it quits.

I have been taking Hockey Advanced 99, this is only a cource a canadian can take. I own you all.

PS: Bob McKeznie (the real guy) is now a member at hockeysfuture, he just predicted Leafs would sign Nieuwendyk yesterday when everyone though Nieuy was a devil. Here is the PM I sent him and the responce he gave back.

riginally Posted by JasonMacIsaac

It was a great magazine, I bought it for the past two years but there were a couple errors on positions for Devils prospects and players.

"Aleksander" Suglobov is a RW, he played it in his time with Yaroslavi, Nizhnekamsk, and Russia WC team.

Barry Tallackson is a LW, He played the left side for Minnesota and for USA at the WJC in Sydney.

Tuomas Pihlman is a LW.

I also don't agree calling Suglobov a sniper only. In the games I seen in WJC two years ago and WC this past spring his playmaking skills have improved a ton. His correct size is also 6`1 190, he bulked up alot over the past year.

Khomutov, now playing with London, shouldn't be pinned as a lazy player, the problems with coaches had more to do with his play last year then his skills. He has Frolov type skills and with a good coach in Hunter, he should gain alot more hype throught this season.

Thats about all, keep up the great work on Draft Day and Trade Deadline Day. I don't leave the tv during that time.

Bob:

Jason,

Thanks for the message and the compliments. As for the Forecaster, I have nothing to do with it so I wasn't sure why you were bringing those errors to my attention, but like I said, thanks for the message. Keep up the informative posts. Thanks.

Bob.

I kindof thought that was pretty cool I got to chat with Bob.

5 Goalies... 2 NHL, 2 AHL, so Kostur ECHL.

16 D-men, that's less than last year. 17 with Albelin.

6 NHL, 8 NHL... with some youngsters called up, i presume Kadeykin and Chvatal are going to play pro this season, and not returning to OHL.

37 forwards...

14 in NHL, 4 in OHL and 1 in QMJHL... so i guess we'll have some playing either in Europe (Balmochnykh?) or in ECHL (Jensen, draft pick from U Wisconsin?)...

5 Goalies... 2 NHL, 2 AHL, so Kostur ECHL.

16 D-men, that's less than last year. 17 with Albelin.

6 NHL, 8 NHL... with some youngsters called up, i presume Kadeykin and Chvatal are going to play pro this season, and not returning to OHL.

37 forwards...

14 in NHL, 4 in OHL and 1 in QMJHL... so i guess we'll have some playing either in Europe (Balmochnykh?) or in ECHL (Jensen, draft pick from U Wisconsin?)...

Jared? Anyway, who are the OHL'ers, Kadeikin and Khomutov are the only two I see.