Devils Re-Sign Clarkson

elias2600

i dont think its that high it about were i thought i would be. imo the reason why its so high is because he went up to lou and said if Jay Pandolfo is making 2.5 i should make that much also

When he puts in the years Pando did then he can start talking about what he deserves in comparison.

If you guys are complaining for 2.6 for a 3 yrs for a 26 yr old who will pot 20 goals and play with toughness, i think you are mistaken.

If you want to complain, look at Colin White and Jay Pandolfo's salary.

20 goals is being very optimistic. Yeah he was injured last year so that slowed him down, but it also looked like the other teams have caught on that at least half of his goals come from trying to do a wrap-around. We overpayed for him and tough guys are a dime a dozen in this league.

20 goals is being very optimistic. Yeah he was injured last year so that slowed him down, but it also looked like the other teams have caught on that at least half of his goals come from trying to do a wrap-around. We overpayed for him and tough guys are a dime a dozen in this league.

Depends on how Johnny Mac uses him. Also -- he has better offensive skills then most of the tough guys in the league.

Do you guys remember the contract Steve Ott got? 2.95

Clarkson is my favorite player, but this is a tad high. However, if he produces like he was prior to getting hurt then this could be a good deal. On a team not blessed with an abundance of finishers or a physical players, this was a must have. I hope he works on his skating during the offseason. With a better first step he will become a much greater threat.

I think it's fine as well. I want players with heart and determination. Clarkson has that.

This signing is indeed very good for the team. We need Clarkson's personality (determined, hard working, heart, tough, etc...). But as someone correctly said earlier, 2.66 mill comes with expectations. Hopefully Clarkson will meet those expectations and earn the money he deserves for being such a loyal Devil.

Glad to see Clarkson resigned but for the 2nd and 3rd season @ $3M? Wow that is a lot for Clarkson. I hope he plays and earns that money this season where he getting $2M for this season. Really suprised on the years and the $8M for Clarkson. Hopefully this will be Clarkson's breakout season. He also needs to remain healthy too.