Pandolfo & Peters on waivers

Marshall

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet he (Pando) probably just agreed to it, so the whole injury thing didn't really come into play. I mean, he knows the deal. It's this, or finish his contract in the minors. I'd take a buyout over a demotion to the AHL.

Seems to be the case per TG

Pandolfo gave his approval to be placed on waivers, so the injured-player rule did not apply.

Guess we need to find some new players for the chat room drinking game, huh?

AH CRAP! You're right! Wait, the fact that Pando is waived does that mean I have to drink a whole case now?

Rolston doesn't have a no move, he has a no trade (like Pandolfo had). However as he is 35+ even if he is waived his cap hit stays so he won't be waived.

Oh wow, okay. That kinda...puts us in a bind, doesn't it. We're stuck with rollie, unless some other team is willing to take on a salary dump.

I'm all for a Rollie + whatever for Campbell swap though..

I hate to see this happen to the Pandos, or the Sarges but the game has just passed him by.

He never really got over that arm injury from a few years back. I hope he retires, he's gotta be well over the amount of games to collect his pension.

This from Fire & Ice:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

Pandolfo and Peters placed on waivers, likely to be bought out

According to the CBA, Pandolfo was not eligible to be waived because he is injured (recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder), but Lamoriello said he spoke to Pandolfo and he gave OK’d team placing him on waivers, so the injured-player rule did not apply.

“Everything here has been discussed with Jay,” Lamoriello said. “First of all, it’s been a rough couple of years for Jay and there are differnet alternatives and this just gives him an opportunity to see if there’s anything available to him out there. We’ll have to wait and see if he clears waivers before there is any decision.”

i'll always proudly wear my pando jersey. sucks to see him go out like this but damn, it was over a while ago.

well put

and Pando being a stand-up guy right to the end

"Pandolfo and he gave OK’d team placing him on waivers"

I'll always remember that.

oh, and I'm glad Lou is over his delusion about Peters being an NHL player

I'll bet he (Pando) probably just agreed to it, so the whole injury thing didn't really come into play. I mean, he knows the deal. It's this, or finish his contract in the minors. I'd take a buyout over a demotion to the AHL.

Of course! He can take the buyout & then also negotiate a deal with another team -- and get an absolutely great "total" salary for this season.

pando's great!

2.5 mil is a nice golden handshake! I would not be surprised to see Jay play out the season in the minors...he probably would enjoy it to a certain extent and i'm sure would be a good influence on rookies and what not.

End of an era and longtime Devil for Jay Pandolfo. :( I always liked Pandolfo and I will miss him. Will never forget what he did for this Devils organization and he was truly a Devil. Take care my friend and it was a pleasure to have you here on the Devils for so many years. It was nice to know Jay all these years and have lots of discussions with him over the years. His time has finally come unfortunately.

if lou was truly delusional, he wouldn't have made this move. i know lams is borderline crazy when it comes to acquiring past players and coaches but i mean -- pando was clearly on the outs in his career and lou was finally able to cut the cord. granted, it was a year too late but it's something. this coupled with the fact that we signed oates to be a coach rather than a player gives me hope.

lol.

grasping at straws is fun.

Pando had a career with the Devils so say he was lucky I think we all like him as a person. This should have happen last season before Lou made him an offer that was crazy. But now it has happen and it is embarrassing for him sitting in the wrong lockerroom and now being waived, not classy. Pando it's time to hang them up, thanks.

Wow, HE asked for the buyout

“I asked him if he would do it for me,” Pandolfo said. “Obviously, the last two years have been a difficult two years and I don’t want to go through the same exact thing next year. I still want to play and this gives me an opportunity to try to sign with another team.”

Per TG

well, if he still thinks he can play...good for him. maybe some young club will give him some ice time or something but if he really thinks he's going to have anything to add to a legit contender, he's got another thing coming to him.

it's cool that he loves the game so much but it's another case of a guy unwilling to accept that his playing days are over. he's playing for the love of the game, yeah, but it's time to go buddy.