Paul Martin a Penguin

JRZYRIPPER

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is sadly true. with NJ, you either like it or very much do not. the rigid, business like way this team is run appeals to a small few VERY much, and a great many very little.

i don't think anyone will say that.

and i expect it to come out, because they'll be asked, that Martin was never offered numbers by Lou.

is there any doubt? then the rationalization will set in that Martin sucks and Andy Greene can eat his minutes.

our D as of this moment:

Greene-White

Salmela-Sal

Eckford-Corrente

putrid. not the finished product, but you know how the Devils do business. they might sign someone, but he'll be an ill-fit. Mottau will probably be brought back when he realizes he has no market.

Martin over Gonchar is such a gigantic upgrade it's not funny. and they got him for less.

this is sadly true. with NJ, you either like it or very much do not. the rigid, business like way this team is run appeals to a small few VERY much, and a great many very little.

i don't think anyone will say that.

and i expect it to come out, because they'll be asked, that Martin was never offered numbers by Lou.

I agree with this. Martin wanted out. If it was money, Lou could have signed him for the same amount or slightly more. Some players just don't like the way this team is run.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/07/paul_martin_on_leaving_devils.html

"To be honest, they weren't really on the list to begin with," Martin said. "I figured it would be (Sergei) Gonchar or (Dan) Hamhuis they'd sign."

Ben Hankinson, Martin's agent, spoke to Lou Lamoriello twice today. The Devils were one of five or six teams to make serious offers.

"I don't think it was as much about money. All of the offers were pretty similar," Martin said. "This is a good fot for me."

eh we wouldnt afford that with parise and kovie anyway. kaberle for 3 years 5 mil works i think.

Yeah 2 way... here's the report on Tomas Kaberle Age: 32

Scouting Report

Assets

• Possesses tremendous hockey smarts and the ability to find his teammates with excellent passes. A good skater, he loves to join the attack.
Flaws
  • Still makes occasional mistakes when pinching in. Could use more strength to better handle big NHL forwards. Doesn't shoot enough.

Career Potential

• Elite offensive defenseman.
  • Awards2008Played in NHL All-Star2007Played in NHL All-StarOlympic Bronze Medal2006Played in NHL All-Star2001Played in NHL All-Star

this makes me feel better that lou made the offer but martin wanted out - again - the injury thing had a lot to do with it i'm sure and again, this team is for some people and not for others.

he'll be missed and so far, while the two guys we brought in aren't entirely terrible, they don't possess any ability to move the puck so this team is going to be stagnant as hell.

this makes me feel better that lou made the offer but martin wanted out - again - the injury thing had a lot to do with it i'm sure and again, this team is for some people and not for others.

So true. It's usually the D-men that lie it though.

he'll be missed and so far, while the two guys we brought in aren't entirely terrible, they don't possess any ability to move the puck so this team is going to be stagnant as hell.

Let's see how the team looks by September. Hopefully Lou will add some defensive movement. Salmela much?

TGfireandice

More Martin: "It came down to wanting to win right away;. I think Pittsburgh is right there, obviously, after winning a couple of years ago"

Well fvck you very much, Paul.

I hope A-train puts your through the glass.