Paul Martin a Penguin

JRZYRIPPER

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. The Pens did overpay for that pale loser by giving him $5 mil a year. If he is such a great offensive defenseman, where are the stats to prove it? He never was and never has been in the top 20 for defensemen in the league in scoring. His offensive contributions only looked good because he was on a paper-thin defense. On every other team he is at best a 2nd or 3rd D man.

That plus I heard many times from different people that he is in person a D-bag.

5/25 for martin and lou never made an offer - i will wait to see what lou comes up with but as i sit here now, there is simply no excuse NOT to give that to him. NONE.

should've given it to him in the middle of the season.

agreed. only worry LL might have had was the recent injury. But I think 5/25 is pretty good for a player that can log that many minutes & is still young

damn

Martin didn't want to be here. Kudos to sundstrom for calling this months ago. The fact that he took a slight raise (5 years is solid though) and signed with a contending rival is a big FU to the franchise. Hopefully Lou returned the favor and didn't offer the sally anything.

I say good riddance. His improtance to the defense was pretty much squashed when this team barely missed a beat while he was gone for pretty much the entire season. It's time for a new direction.

sh!t, 5 for 25 is more than fair. This is bad.

I hope the Devils offered that. If not, then they made a huge mistake.

My guess is they offered that but there was some serious animosity about the handling of Paul's injury, and he wanted to leave.

Given the reports that are trickling out, I think this team was seriously dysfunctional this past year. Why would anyone want to stay around that?

Lou probably had a similar offer on the table, bottom line is, Martin didn't want to come back. No matter what the deal was, I think he was dead set on getting out of here.

Bingo. His bullsh*t lip service about how excited he was but the Devils were still in the mix. Fvck off!

I can't see how people are pissed with Lou. You can't retain someone if they don't want to be here. The contract he signed was something NJ could have done with no problem. So why not sign?

sh!t, 5 for 25 is more than fair. This is bad.

I hope the Devils offered that. If not, then they made a huge mistake.

My guess is they offered that but there was some serious animosity about the handling of Paul's injury, and he wanted to leave.

Given the reports that are trickling out, I think this team was seriously dysfunctional this past year. Why would anyone want to stay around that?

while i do believe he wanted to leave and just needed to make sure the money was right somewhere else, i think TG's "nothing from DEVS" tweet shows that Lou never made an offer. Martin wasn't taking less to "BE A DEVIL" and that closed the book on him which is just disgusting by Lou. When Parise doesn't agree to a 5/30, is Lou going to let him walk too?

letting good, core guys walk without an adequate replacement reeks of mis-management. lou's old school thinking is nice to write about but just doesn't get it done.

while i do believe he wanted to leave and just needed to make sure the money was right somewhere else, i think TG's "nothing from DEVS" tweet shows that Lou never made an offer.

It doesn't show that at all. That's reading what someone wants to read into it. It just as easily means he isn't closer to signing with the Devils than he has been at any point.

It was "nothing with Devils" which I think leans more towards saying he isn't close to signing with the team than nothing has happened with the team.

I cant just see, this will turn into another "Rafalski would have taken a discount to stay" when there was no evidence it was true. It'll be said enough time until people just believe it must be true.

This is Lou's fault. There's a bad smell coming from NJ these days.

this is sadly true. with NJ, you either like it or very much do not. the rigid, business like way this team is run appeals to a small few VERY much, and a great many very little.

I cant just see, this will turn into another "Rafalski would have taken a discount to stay" when there was no evidence it was true. It'll be said enough time until people just believe it must be true.

i don't think anyone will say that.

and i expect it to come out, because they'll be asked, that Martin was never offered numbers by Lou.

i don't think anyone will say that.

and i expect it to come out, because they'll be asked, that Martin was never offered numbers by Lou.

I've seen people say the Rafalski thing multiple times as fact and nothing will shake that fact from their mind, that Lou let him walk when he would have stayed for less if Lou had only offered.

So now we're seeing the same with Martin. "Oh Lou didn't make an offer" before we have any idea what went on.

seriously, it's sounding more and more like the locker room was an absolute disaster last season. i gotta believe that lemaire played a huge hand in that. i'm happier each day that we parted ways with him. this past season was definitely one to forget.

You keep talking like that and you're gonna be dressing in the closet, just sayin'

;)