Devils Sign Henrik Tallinder

nyrsuck26

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i understand but if you are trying to lock money for a solid D-men and Kovalchuk then don't overpay Henrik fvcking Talinder.

Lou didn't overpay for Tallinder, this is what I'd consider market value for him. Solid signing. At least wait until Volchenkov is gone before you jump all over Lou for (what you think is) overpaying Tallinder.

more moves have to happen and this reeks of giving tedenby/joseffson an older buddy

we'll be talking about moving this contract over next summer.

excellent point about not necessarily keeping him for 4 years. Two years & at this price sounds real good.

let's hope you're right!

Tallinder-Urbom? If Tallinder is credited with helping Myers adjust to the league that may be one reason he was brought into the fold, since the Devils will be bringing in some younger guys on defense, I believe.

another excellent point. let optimism reign supreme today!

He is a Solid 2nd Pairing Dman, We need a 1st Pairing Dman, Hes solid on the PK , but is injury prone. If he stays healthy its a good signing by Lou, because the cap hit is low. Still We neec a 1st Pairing Dman, and Volchenkov, Kaberle, or Kubina is what we need

Edited by DevsFan7545

Tallinder-Urbom? If Tallinder is credited with helping Myers adjust to the league that may be one reason he was brought into the fold, since the Devils will be bringing in some younger guys on defense, I believe.

This is the best cause for optimism I've read all day.

Lou didn't overpay for Tallinder, this is what I'd consider market value for him. Solid signing. At least wait until Volchenkov is gone before you jump all over Lou for (what you think is) overpaying Tallinder.

Damn I'm good.

This won't be a bad signing if it's a piece of the overall puzzle. There has to be more rebuilding back there to even comment on what this means.

This is what it seems like to me. We need offense on D, we all know that. Was Martin really providing that? Imo he hasn't lived up to that end of th bargain.

In the wrost case, this move at least gives us some stability to replace Martin's defensive game and keep us competetive. That if anything was Martin's strong point - he is an axcellent defender.

Now it seems a little bit redundant on the back end but more moves have to be made.