Devils Sign Henrik Tallinder

nyrsuck26

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE upgrade from Mike Mottau! lol. Tallinder is a puck moving defenseman maybe not as good as Martin, but I hope he does well for the Devils. He was a plus 13 for Buffalo which is pretty good.

What do you mean Lou said he will try to re sign Mottau!

Lamoriello said he will still try to re-sign D Mike Mottau. "We'll see what the situation is. It's his right, free agency, but we'll see."

This is so funny. A couple weeks ago when I said we should sign him, someone told me I should ask you about Tallinder if I thought he was good.

I'll be honest, that was me.

LOL, guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

Glad to hear that LOTCB feels Tallinder is underrated, but I believe my point (no clue what thread it was in originally) was that Tallinder is not a straight-up replacement for Paul Martin. I'm happy to read good things about Tallinder, but Paul Martin is the better player. This isn't like replacing Niedermayer with Malakhov, but as a one-for-one comparison, it's a downgrade from Martin.

The Volchenkov signing makes this easier to stomach, at least today (and yesterday).

Also, go easy with throwing around statements like "he doesn't know what he's talking about." I disagreed with your evaluation of Martin, Tallinder, and Ruslan Salei, but never claimed you didn't know what you were talking about. This board is all about opinions, and everyone's entitled to one.

I'll be honest, that was me.

Glad to hear that LOTCB feels Tallinder is underrated, but I believe my point (no clue what thread it was in originally) was that Tallinder is not a straight-up replacement for Paul Martin. I'm happy to read good things about Tallinder, but Paul Martin is the better player. This isn't like replacing Niedermayer with Malakhov, but as a one-for-one comparison, it's a downgrade from Martin.

The Volchenkov signing makes this easier to stomach, at least today (and yesterday).

Also, go easy with throwing around statements like "he doesn't know what he's talking about." I disagreed with your evaluation of Martin, Tallinder, and Ruslan Salei, but never claimed you didn't know what you were talking about. This board is all about opinions, and everyone's entitled to one.

This is fair. :cheers: To be honest I can't really remember what was even said. For some reason, I thought it was a n00b, so that's the reason for the "doesn't know what he's talking about"

And you're right it is a downgrade from Martin. No doubt getting Volchenkov was the key here.

At first when we signed him I was like this better not be how we replace Paul Martin and this better not be all. Then we signed Volchenkov so I'm good. lol But I still think this sgining is a little bit overpaid for but I can live with it for now at least. I really liked how Myers played in Buff last season so hopefully Tallinder helps out Urbom or anyone else the same way this season.

As a longtime Sabres fan I can tell you I was disappointed to lose Tallinder....very underrated defenceman, and when he was out of the lineup for the Sabres over the years, you can see how the Sabres missed his presence in the lineup.

I would disagree. He had a great 2009-10 season. It's nice that he showed up for the first time in 3 years when his contract was up and he was paired with a legit #1 D-man. Big body, afraid to hit or take a hit. I won't miss him.

been out of town for a few days - after getting over how awful i thought this deal was, i now think it is merely bad. tallinder can play tough minutes with a greater effectiveness than a mike mottau, and he's basically everything that bryce salvador was supposed to be but isn't. the thing i don't particularly like about it is obviously that tallinder can't run a power play or anything. but looking at the list of guys this off-season that could run a power play, besides hamhuis who clearly took a hometown discount, and paul martin who cannot be thought of as anything better than average, it's a pretty motley crew.

been out of town for a few days - after getting over how awful i thought this deal was, i now think it is merely bad. tallinder can play tough minutes with a greater effectiveness than a mike mottau, and he's basically everything that bryce salvador was supposed to be but isn't. the thing i don't particularly like about it is obviously that tallinder can't run a power play or anything. but looking at the list of guys this off-season that could run a power play, besides hamhuis who clearly took a hometown discount, and paul martin who cannot be thought of as anything better than average, it's a pretty motley crew.

So would you have rather gone after a guy like Kaberle? A bigger cap hit for a real PP d-man.

Not me. I'll take Tallinder at the lower price. But maybe that's because I like Andy Greene on the PP and think J Mac would be smart to put him out there. Everytime Greene is on the PP we get close to putting in a goal.

So would you have rather gone after a guy like Kaberle? A bigger cap hit for a real PP d-man.

Not me. I'll take Tallinder at the lower price. But maybe that's because I like Andy Greene on the PP and think J Mac would be smart to put him out there. Everytime Greene is on the PP we get close to putting in a goal.

I'd rather have Tallinder today, because we didn't have to give anything up. But I'd rather have Kaberle's situation..one year at 4.25 for a true top pairing guy pretty much.

Volchenkov-Kaberle

White-Greene

Salvador-Urbom

kaberle is not really a true top-pairing guy - defensively he is not strong. he's in that gonchar class that gets top minutes anyway.

The point is that you said your issue was that Tallinder can't run a PP. Kaberle can. So are you gonna take a Kaberle (even if he was a FA) over Tallinder, including price? No way. Tallinder is cheaper and will compliment Colin White very nicely.

The point is that you said your issue was that Tallinder can't run a PP. Kaberle can. So are you gonna take a Kaberle (even if he was a FA) over Tallinder, including price? No way. Tallinder is cheaper and will compliment Colin White very nicely.

yeah, i would, given that new jersey already has colin white who can play the tough minutes, along with anton volchenkov.

Tyler Myers picked 12th overall and finished 11th best pointer in Defenders.

Alexander Urbom picked 73th overal:I would be really glad if Tallinder can make him put up half of the numbers Myers made this season.

Great Signing Lou :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: