Volchenkov to Devils

MantaRay

we FINALLY have a legit physical presance on defense, he's making under 5 million, how are people not amped about this?!

he can change a game with a single lowering of his shoulder!

we've been missing that since stevens retired and white became a cyclops

OMG I LOL'ed so hard in the office just now. HAHAHA so mean, but so true. hahahaha

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but if so, this is a strong signing. Yeah there is a lot of "defense" back there but some of the D will get moved.

There wasn't a lot of offense from the blueline to get in free agency this year. It looks like the Devils thought were to sign defensive guys to good values and then see if the rookies can provide the blueline offense with the defensive guys covering them. That's pending the Devils believing the rookies can play in the NHL at all, of course.

we FINALLY have a legit physical presance on defense, he's making under 5 million, how are people not amped about this?!

he can change a game with a single lowering of his shoulder!

we've been missing that since stevens retired and white became a cyclops

:lol:

the only problem... is with his kind of play ... can his body hold on ... 6 years ?

Stevens played a similar style in regards to hard hitting and shot blocking, he lasted quite awile.

Whats funny is, Volchenkov only makes 1.25 mmillion more than Colby Armstrong :rofl:

That video makes me giddy. I feel like the devils haven't had a soild open-ice hitter since...well...you know.

Exactly. I can't wait to see the new highlights of him doing that in a Devils uniform.

Thanks Lou! Now for Kovalchuk and I'll be happy for sure.

There wasn't a lot of offense from the blueline to get in free agency this year. It looks like the Devils thought were to sign defensive guys to good values and then see if the rookies can provide the blueline offense with the defensive guys covering them. That's pending the Devils believing the rookies can play in the NHL at all, of course.

I agree. It just seems a little redundant with Sal, White, Tillander and now AV. My hope the whole time was that Lou would get some toughness back on the blue line and give the young kids a chance to contribute.

Either way I like this better then retaining Martin. He didn't want to be here and quite frankly he is soft like sh*t. He said he needed a change, well so did the team.

yeah -- 28 - hey I was ON THAT! Feb 25th 1982.. a Pieces? hmmmeh -- I have to look that up too..

What coach picked players based on their signs? He was an a$$hole -and I sound just like him now! :lol:

so this is just opening doors to more possibilities. I see it not as an end but a start.

train.jpg

Run for your life Crosby ! Run !

doofus... :doh1:

:giggle:

Okay, I'm fvcking fired up about this signing. This dude fvcking kills people and is as solid as they come. Way to be Lou!!

And you see how we didn't have to spend $ on Martin to get a top D-man? I know you're listening Martin-lovers.

Edited by ben00rs