Johan Hedberg to Devils

mmajeski06

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good signing by Lou here. A good veteran back up goalie for Brodeur. Now hopefully Hedberg will play 15-20 games next season. I would be happy with 12-17 games. Brodeur has a good back up now so he has to pick his spots of rest for the playoffs.

hedberg and Volchenkov Jay Grossman clients. Kovalchuk is also his agent, so expect to possibly see Kovy signed in a day or two with the Devils. Lou going for the tri-fecta.

Edited by SatansDevils

You sure? I was thinking more like 16.43 to 28.887 games. I guess your numbers work too.

You really need to learn how to talk in anything other than absolutes. It's really freaking annoying.

Hey kid. How about go fvck yourself and put me on ignore.... Little prick. Grow up. You are annoying. Don't read. Thank You!

re: kovy - salvador and rolston have to go to make it work. that's it, plain and simple.

perhaps, that is the delay - getting rolston traded.

Technically they don't have to get rid of anyone right this second since they can go over the cap by a few million in the offseason and are still a few million under, though I suspect Lou's barganing position vis-a-vis Rolston and whoever else he wants to move will be weakened once he is actually over the cap.

Of course it's also possible that Lou doesn't even want to make certain moves (i.e. spending a pick to get rid of Rolston) unless he has Kovy signed and sealed so he's waiting on Kovy to make a decision.

Edited by Hasan4978

The fact that we signed a backup for 1.5 mil suggests that Lou may actually be serious about playing Marty in less games. I say this because Danis, who played very well in his role here last year, could have been had for .5 mil. Paying 1 mil extra implies that the goalie will play more than Danis did last year.

The fact that we signed a backup for 1.5 mil suggests that Lou may actually be serious about playing Marty in less games. I say this because Danis, who played very well in his role here last year, could have been had for .5 mil. Paying 1 mil extra implies that the goalie will play more than Danis did last year.

I know what the signing suggests. But I gotta see it to believe it.

That's what I thought when we signed Weekes a couple seasons ago too. Hopefully this year it will actually happen.

I know what the signing suggests. But I gotta see it to believe it.

Lol man, I think we all have to.

That's what I thought when we signed Weekes a couple seasons ago too. Hopefully this year it will actually happen.

Same, but Hedberg's cap hit is almost twice of what Weeke's was, so my hope for this is even stronger.

I've always liked Johan Hedberg. Awesome nickname, and this allows me to make Mitch Hedberg jokes ALL FRIGGIN SEASON LONG! :evil:

At $1.5 million, hopefully this guilts us into using the backup more often.

And clearly Lou's trying to make sure that Jay Grossman doesn't talk to anyone else today.

:lol:

Waste of $1M

Please explain your rationale behind calling it a waste? He's a reliable backup goaltender that has had some success in this league in goal. What did you expect for the position?

Its a deal that was necessary and at a relatively low cost.

Please explain your rationale behind calling it a waste? He's a reliable backup goaltender that has had some success in this league in goal. What did you expect for the position?

Its a deal that was necessary and at a relatively low cost.

In the tough spot we are in, a backup costing $1.5M just seems like a waste. Any goalie off the scrap heap could've filled in here. Danis did a quality job last year, when he had work. In the 10 games Hedberg will play is he worth $1M more than Danis would be?

"I know in years past the Devils have made claims that Marty was going to be played less.. but this season, I believe that to be the absolute truth. Johan Hedberg was arguably the best backup goaltender available this free agency, and that's why the Devils gave him a no-trade clause. From what I'm hearing, in my estimation, Hedberg will play 18 - 20 games this season. Marty needs rest, not only physically, but also mentally." -Ken Daneyko. (Hockey Night Live, MSG) 07/01.