New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

christ - i had 4 multi-replies checked in the last two pages of this thread and just said fvck it -

giving kovy whatever this year and the devils literally having ZERO cap space does not affect anything w/ parise next year.

there is NO doubt that lou should not mess around with any waiting game and asking parise if he "wants to be a devil". don't fvck around and outsmart yourself and don't make this about "the devils way."

just give him 8/56 and be done with it. if he wants 10/68, do that. if he wants 12/72, fine. just don't mess around.

That's part of the reason why I said Parise gets the "C" before the season starts.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's part of the reason why I said Parise gets the "C" before the season starts.

this, i think, causes more problems than it solves. unless langenbrunner (an likely white) are gone, you cannot do this. these children have enough egos - we saw that last year. and you're going to try that when johnny mac is trying to win the room? i just can't see any upside in this move. parise doesn't need a C to stay. he needs a proper contract and lou offering it well before he has to to show, in no uncertain terms, that he is the most important guy in lou's kingdom.

I see the KHL's back in the mix now, lovely.

http://prohockeytalk...a-kovalchuk.php

Just bring out the dancing bears and the clowns at this point because that's what it's become, a full-fledged circus.

Who the hell even knows what's going on anymore.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/report_russian_agent_admits_its_more_likely_that_kovalchuk_stays_in_nhl/

And I was acutally thinking that we would be done today and Kovy would be signed to whatever the team he wants to sign with. :saddevil:

I just hope we receive any tweet or news saying that he signed and oh god :doh1: at this point I don't care where he is signing.

this is a kind of brilliant negotiating move. both agents seem to be admitting (one actually, one implicitly) that their client will end up in the other league.

i don't see how new jersey keeps him. and i'm not entirely convinced that we need him, much as i enjoy watching him.

this is a kind of brilliant negotiating move. both agents seem to be admitting (one actually, one implicitly) that their client will end up in the other league.

It can basically be said that ANY news on Kovalchuk is a brilliant negotiating move.

i don't see how new jersey keeps him. and i'm not entirely convinced that we need him, much as i enjoy watching him.

That's a very good point and I agree completely. I feel like the longer this thing drags on, the less chance the Devils have of signing him (but I hope I'm wrong).

I predict that in 20 minutes, Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) will create a new front page post with "This just in.... my very deep sources are telling me that Kovalchuk is going to decide today. This is heating up folks, dominoes are going to fall! My confidential sources tell me that it is currently down to the Kings, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Avalanche, Blues, Devils, Panthers, Lightning, Red Wings and Wild. One of those teams will definitely walk away with a smile on their face today. I am working the phones. Don't worry folks, no beach for me on this 4th of July holiday. more coming...."

Edited by Amberite

Per Jay Grossman's twitter:

Jay_Grossman

Ilya Kovalchuk looking to make decision on his future today....www.puckagency.com

Ilya Kovalchuk signing will be announced possibly today around 5pm. The final deal will be worth about 58-62 million for possibly 7 or 8 years. Forget the Islanders and Flyers nothing but BAD RUMORS! Like I said all along Kovalchuk was not going to drag his family out to the West coast to LA! All along I said he was going to re-sign with the Devils and Kovalchuk will be with the Devils longterm! Lou is the man! Stay tuned for the news and announcement real soon! Also expect to see Rolston being sent down to Albany!

Ilya Kovalchuk signing will be announced possibly today around 5pm. The final deal will be worth about 58-62 million for possibly 7 or 8 years. Forget the Islanders and Flyers nothing but BAD RUMORS! Like I said all along Kovalchuk was not going to drag his family out to the West coast to LA! All along I said he was going to re-sign with the Devils and Kovalchuk will be with the Devils longterm! Lou is the man! Stay tuned for the news and announcement real soon! Also expect to see Rolston being sent down to Albany!

Is this all yours or quoted from somewhere else?

Sending Rolston to the minors makes no sense and clears no cap space so that's definitely not happening.

how do you know he's coming here?

Will you stop talking in absolutes like you fvcking know something? My God, you are such a toolshed that it's beyond words.

how will rolston being sent to the minors help? he signed after he was 35, therefore his contract counts unless we trade him.

Are you still 100% certain that Gomez will not sign with the Rangers?

I hope you're right.

dayman-1.gif

Will you stop talking in absolutes like you fvcking know something? My God, you are such a toolshed that it's beyond words.

You think you know me and think you know it all. I got news for you....I have very good connections and sources so when this all falls down later today and Kovy is with the Devils, how much of an a$$hole are you going to look? I don't need to tell you this or anyone because believe it or not I do know some very important people and sources. So STFU and maybe listen for a change.

Not getting my hopes up but at this point the devils make the most sense. LA and NJ are the only teams that were actually in on this from the beginning, and LA is out.

The Islanders thing is just a rumor as far as anyone knows, and as an organization they are constantly a mess...why would Kovy want to go from Atlanta to the Island when he could have gotten that money in Atlanta?

I think that puts NJ as the frontrunner now...

You think you know me and think you know it all. I got news for you....I have very good connections and sources so when this all falls down later today and Kovy is with the Devils, how much of an a$$hole are you going to look? I don't need to tell you this or anyone because believe it or not I do know some very important people and sources. So STFU and maybe listen for a change.

Well you're already wrong about Rolston, he can't be sent down to Albany because of the 35 and over rule, well he can but he won't come off the cap so it makes no sense.

Edited by NJDevs26