New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Lou is really annoyed with TG for the constant phone calls :P

It seems like every update from TG has a "I called Lou and left a message. He hasn't returned it yet." mixed in. :lol:

Edited by nmigliore

As soon as it becomes "Kovy or Parise, but not both" then I have no more interest in Kovy. Up until that point, I'd love to have him. But if it's take one and lose the other, I take Parise 100% of the time.

yeah, he should just say that he's unhappy with new jersey and wishes he could wear ranger blue. gimme a break. part of the reason why the devils are a fallback is that they can't give him the money that atlanta offered him.

Not what I said smartass. I just don't want him acting like re-signing with the Devils was some dream-come-true when everyone can pretty well see that staying here probably isn't his first choice. Of course he's not going to say "I'm staying here but I would've rather...". Duh.

I'm not as thrilled with Lou's comments as everyone else. I think he is very disrespectful to people such as TG who is just trying to do his job. Lou just isn't interested in what his image is or letting the fans and media know that he's TRYING.

Remember the letter that Don Waddel in Atlanta released before they traded Kovy? THAT was class. Letting their fans know that they did everything they could to retain their star player and it wasn't the organization that was messing up the whole thing.

I'm not as thrilled with Lou's comments as everyone else. I think he is very disrespectful to people such as TG who is just trying to do his job. Lou just isn't interested in what his image is or letting the fans and media know that he's TRYING.

Remember the letter that Don Waddel in Atlanta released before they traded Kovy? THAT was class. Letting their fans know that they did everything they could to retain their star player and it wasn't the organization that was messing up the whole thing.

Lou's just trying to do his job too...being badass!!!!

2012. all of that money other than Brodeur is likely off by 2011. Rolston and Salvador in hours, and White next season.

White should still be here this year because he's needed, the D will be interesting without him. that money is immediately

being used to get us off the kicker limit and back under the cap. so, it won't be in there in 2012. this year is shaping

up to be tough. afterwards, we'll see how we get off the cap. I think you're selling short the progression of players from ELC/RFA/UFA, you should lose every time, it's rare to get good deals. Even if the kids play well enough that the concept of jettisoning Zajac down the road is possible, well, now you have to pay the kids, and they could end up making more.

of course, at this point, all bets are off because who knows what happens in 2012, it's possible the CBA has a totally different look, more NFL-ish, than it does now, and "problems" are easily solved.

even if all those contracts are gone soon, which i doubt, the point is that even if parise and kovalchuk together make 15M, or parise kovalchuk and elias make 21M, this can still work. i'm not selling short the progression from ELC to RFA - when that happens, we're going to have lots of money with which to deal with that, because of all the expiring contracts. so even if josefson is making 2.2M instead of 900k in 3 years, that will be easily paid for by departing players. i doubt corrente or zharkov gets a ton when their contracts expire next year.

This whole Kovalchuk saga really has been quite a pain in the ass but it was all worth it just for Lou's "Don't worry about my cap." quote. Lmao. I would have loved to have seen TG's reaction upon hearing that. Well that is what you get when you leave 4 voice mails in one day. Obviously Lou didn't wnat to speak with you.

Perhaps just a bit sensitive? TG is trying to do his job? Well what do you think Lou is doing? Of course he is trying. If you call someone 4 times and they don't pick up ONCE, would it be a stretch to think that the person just might be busy. Considering the player and #'s involved, this is a big deal. Lou is probably getting calls and questions from every corner at this point.

As for that letter that Waddel released, that had nothing to do with class. C'mon now. It was all about the perception that the Kovalchuk camp was being difficult and did not want to reach an agreement. Look how much money he turned down! They offered that because they knew he would never accept it. Had Atlanta not struggled so much over the years maybe Kovalchuk never becomes a Devil in the first place and he would have resigned with Atlanta already.

Edited by Sickman

Lou told the same thing to ESPN

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

"Spoke with Lou Lamoriello 2 min ago regarding Kovalchuk, ``Everything is status quo, that’s all I’m going to say,'' he told ESPN.com."

Yeah, I sent LeBrun a message saying "That's the same thing he told TG. Why do you guys even bother calling him anymore?" And he messaged me back with "Per-functionary duty"