New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find it funny that in a sport where you can't use your hands, the ultimate trophy is a soccer ball being held by hands.

Is not a soccer ball. Is a globe representing the world. Take a look a the picture below.

DSC03409.jpg

That was just my attempt at adding The Critic to our growing list of obscure references. Fail.

I feel appropriate shame.

UGH!! I am reading and cannot catchup! I read a page BOOM another page is posted!

I needed to type before I forget this stuff! Then it is back to page 130!

This just shows what a joke that league is.

Like MLB and NBA

Lou should cut his offer, present it with a "you have an hour to get back to me" caveat, and then pull it after that. Take it, leave it and go to Russia, whatever.

I think it is best in the long run for LL to stand firm on what he believes is a great offer, and after Ilya signs he can see and tell reporters he respects Lou's honesty and steadfastness.

I was in japan years ago, and they kind of giggled and laughed at me when I mentioned ninjas. They used the term shinobi instead. I don't know if that's accurate, but that was the experience I had.

That was just their way of deflecting your attention, round-eye . Like when Mobsters go "What mob? There is no mob"

Very fitting. :clap2:

chuckecheese4.gif

AWESOME! worthy.gif

Janet Gretzky's biggest role (I think) was in "The Flamingo Kid," with Matt Dillon. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

It was her first too. She was in A Chorus Line with a friend of mine too... other than that I really can't think of anythign else I've seen her in. Man but she has a killer body -- but I'm not a fan of those deep smile lines she's always had around her mouth...and the black brows with the orange blonde hair - good enough for a hockey wife I guess, just not much else. And she's best of the best -- Kovalchuk's lady thinks she's going to be some Pussycat Doll or something... oy vey!!

At noon ET on Thursday, Ilya Kovalchuk's free-agent odyssey official hit the seven-day mark.

Arguably the most valuable unrestricted free agent in NHL history -- especially when you account for age and talent (for years, the UFA minimum age was 32 and then 31) -- remains unsigned as the second weekend of the open market approaches.

What gives?

The first red flag came in February, when he turned down a pair of monster offers from theAtlanta Thrashers: $100 million over 12 years and $70 million over seven years. The gamble for Kovalchuk and his agent Jay Grossman was they figured there would be a handful of teams willing to pay close to $10 million a season come July 1.

But several GMs, governors and agents told ESPN.com over the past few months that they didn't believe any team would be willing to pay Kovalchuk $10 million a year. You can't pay anyone that amount of money and still expect to ice a competitive team around him under the salary cap. That's a popular sentiment around the league

http://espn.go.com/n...-ilya-kovalchuk

New poll which will not get a thread because I guessed the max on the last poll.

How many times will the Kings decide they are out of the Kovi deals

1 <---Trick ques. hehe

Will continue to be in and out after he signs

Going with 3

Kovi on our cap situation