New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you believe that then the little blue things called Smurfs are real also!

I wish there was an emoticon for those!

I suppose I should let the new Chico winner field that wish, but I've got some right here so ...

smurf.gifpapasmurf.gifsmurf1.gifsmurf13.gif

Was anyone here actually surprised by the ending of Shutter Island?

I thought it was like The 6th sense, but gave it away a lot sooner. It was cool thinking back to all the clues in the beginning. - opening scene - "yer boys are kinda nervous ... we all are" - "we gotta take yer gun" - "her doctor is on vacation"

A peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.

Oh wait, it is a nut.

rofl.gif Well played DIG

Is not a soccer ball. Is a globe representing the world. Take a look a the picture below.

Yeah, well, IT AINT A CUP!!! tongue.gif ... unless the top comes off, that would be cool. cool.gif

edited forgot to add the smurfs! dontknow.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

Unless they're the teenage mutant turtle kind. :ph34r:

Yea, but who believes in them? They're freakin turtles who follow a rat around.

The only ninja that sucks is Michael Dudikoff, because he was a fake ninja.

Edited by ghdi

At noon ET on Thursday, Ilya Kovalchuk's free-agent odyssey official hit the seven-day mark.

Arguably the most valuable unrestricted free agent in NHL history -- especially when you account for age and talent (for years, the UFA minimum age was 32 and then 31) -- remains unsigned as the second weekend of the open market approaches.

What gives?

The first red flag came in February, when he turned down a pair of monster offers from theAtlanta Thrashers: $100 million over 12 years and $70 million over seven years. The gamble for Kovalchuk and his agent Jay Grossman was they figured there would be a handful of teams willing to pay close to $10 million a season come July 1.

But several GMs, governors and agents told ESPN.com over the past few months that they didn't believe any team would be willing to pay Kovalchuk $10 million a year. You can't pay anyone that amount of money and still expect to ice a competitive team around him under the salary cap. That's a popular sentiment around the league

http://espn.go.com/n...-ilya-kovalchuk

My conspiracy theory~

Since Kovy is one of the TOP free agents in NHL history, and since Lebron James is making his announcement tonight, I don't think they wanted to time the announcement when one story would dominate the other. Lebron would definitely take the wind out of a Kovy signing, but not the other way around.

If Lebron signs with the Nets, and since the Nets will play in New Jersey for two years, that would be the biggest sports news in this area for at least 24 to 48 hours.

If Kovy intends on signing for NJ, he will want his own "news whirlwind," and the Devils would want to capitalize on that without the negative "Lebron James" effect, then perhaps Kovy will sign a few days after Lebron makes his announcement.

Doing that would cap off a "huge week" for both the Nets and Devils, who coincidentally play in the same building...

Just my thought process...

Everytime SKA is mentioned I think of:

ska.jpg

Maybe Kovy will sign with ska...band Catch 22 as their new trombone player. :noclue:

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk

With a gun in my hand, wearing a bulletproof vest

Singing my my my how the time does fly

When you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk

With a gun in my hand, wearing a bulletproof vest

Singing my my my how the time does fly

When you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

I was just about to post that the inmates have officially taken over the asylum in this thread, but thanks to this and a number of preceeding ska related threads, I now fully re-endorse the madness. Madness...GET IT!!! :D

I was just about to post that the inmates have officially taken over the asylum in this thread, but thanks to this and a number of preceeding ska related threads, I now fully re-endorse the madness. Madness...GET IT!!! :D

:cheers:

That post really goes one step beyond.... :boogie:

I dont get it...

nahh I loved that band: