New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon my French, but Kovy is so tight if you stuck a lump of coal up his a$$ in 2 weeks you'd get a diamond.

Epicness of thread grows every time we add a different movie to quote.

Kovy never drives this car, he just wipes it with a diaper.

Why do I get the feeling that he already made a decision somewhere earlier this week and the only obstacle now is getting the contract past Central Registry? Given the stakes, no one's going to want to announce a signing only to have the League come in a day later and shoot it down.

This thread is going way way too slow today.

Maybe that's the key. Kovalchuk has been too busy keeping up with this thread to sign his contract. If it slows down, he'll have some time and pick up the pen.

I know how hard this decision is for him. Before Chere posted that article I already knew about the two different agents looking for a big pay day, his family, the Sochi Olympics.... There's a lot going into this decision. A week is not necessarily an eternity to make a decision... At this point, however, he is now holding up teams from doing business and completing their rosters for the upcoming season. He really needs to settle this.

I know how hard this decision is for him. Before Chere posted that article I already knew about the two different agents looking for a big pay day, his family, the Sochi Olympics.... There's a lot going into this decision. A week is not necessarily an eternity to make a decision... At this point, however, he is now holding up teams from doing business and completing their rosters for the upcoming season. He really needs to settle this.

In fairness to him, it may be possible that he's giving Lou time to sort out the cap situation. Obviously, its probably not the case, but it may not be entirely Kovy's fault. Although I submit that it probably is lol.

In fairness to him, it may be possible that he's giving Lou time to sort out the cap situation. Obviously, its probably not the case, but it may not be entirely Kovy's fault. Although I submit that it probably is lol.

That could be an option, but that though is being contradicted by his contact with the LA Kings and the fact that he went back to them with a counter offer to give them another shot.

I think in his mind it's:

1. LA

2. NJ

3. SKA

LA is rumored to be out again unless Kovy severely lowers his demands. Like everyone else, I see it as a NJ/SKA decision.

eh, lou's had all week to sort out the cap situation. unless he's sending players overseas or something, he should pretty much have every permutation down.

That could be an option, but that though is being contradicted by his contact with the LA Kings and the fact that he went back to them with a counter offer to give them another shot.

I think in his mind it's:

1. LA

2. NJ

3. SKA

LA is rumored to be out again unless Kovy severely lowers his demands. Like everyone else, I see it as a NJ/SKA decision.

i actually think it's:

1 - LA

2 - LA

3 - LA

4 - LA

5 - LA

6 - NJ

7 - LA

8 - SKA

i actually think it's:

1 - LA

2 - LA

3 - LA

4 - LA

5 - LA

6 - NJ

7 - LA

8 - SKA

You could be right, but we still have NO idea what's really going on. We definitely don't know what Lou and Vanderbeek are up to. Players have to be moved for Kovy to fit here ultimately. We have no idea if that's being taken care or or if it's underway or anything. The lack of communication is such a pain in the ass although I guess it's necessary.

Snore.

I'll pass on any 10m per year contract, unless it's a 1-year deal, which would be fine by me and also creates the impetus to move some other players, a good thing.

I'll pass on any ridiculous 17 year deal too.

I'm sure part of this is pressure on the GM by ownership (to make attendance numbers improve and have a marketable face to the franchise), but in terms of a winning team, I'd much rather take a chance on trading for Kaberle. Trade for him, and then sign him to an extension at 5m per season. Much better investment than Kovalchuk.

Really, the only factor appealing to me about signing Kovalchuk is the need then to dump other players, which maybe Lou would not otherwise do out of loyalty. That and his 40+ goal seasons, but if it's at the expense of playing him 25 minutes a night and 100% of every 2-minute powerplay, those 40 goals aren't really that enticing.

She underlines the f*ck scenes for you?

I see four variables, and it's just a question of what ranks first and second.

1. $$

2. LA

3. NJ

4. SKA

Or

1. LA

2. $$

3. NJ

4. SKA

Whether or not New Jersey should even be on this list because they're representing $$ could be debated as well. But IMO it boils down to L.A. and $$. Does he want L.A. so badly that he'll take WAY less money than he was hoping to get? Or is the money so important that he'll stay in Jersey for an amount that's still less than he was hoping to get, but is more than L.A. is offering?

This, of course, is based on little fact, a lot of rumors and too much free time.

That and his 40+ goal seasons, but if it's at the expense of playing him 25 minutes a night and 100% of every 2-minute powerplay, those 40 goals aren't really that enticing.

You can't rely on whatever ice-time/powerplay time he got last season, at least not right now. No more LeMaire, plus we have an assistant (Oates) who seems to know a thing or two about constructing an effective powerplay. MacLean apparently did a good job with the powerplay in Lowell also.

The unacceptable results last year also give me reason to believe that Kovy would be not be used the same way should he re-sign.

The whole Sochi thing is just going to be used as a bargaining chip by Bettman in the new CBA talks; all the Russians will get to play, as will the Americans and Canadians and Ethiopians and Martians. And the Flying Asians, those crazy flying Asians......

I see four variables, and it's just a question of what ranks first and second.

1. $

2. LA

3. NJ

4. SKA

Or

1. LA

2. $

3. NJ

4. SKA

Whether or not New Jersey should even be on this list because they're representing $ could be debated as well. But IMO it boils down to L.A. and $. Does he want L.A. so badly that he'll take WAY less money than he was hoping to get? Or is the money so important that he'll stay in Jersey for an amount that's still less than he was hoping to get, but is more than L.A. is offering?

This, of course, is based on little fact, a lot of rumors and too much free time.

You're right.

It seems like there is a pretty solid offer on the table from NJ however due to whatever reason he keeps going back to LA. This could just be Grossman dealing back and forth between interested teams to get the best price or it could be because Kovy wants to settle down over there. I can see how the west coast could be alluring. SKA seems to just be another interested party but from what i gather Kovy isn't super stoked about that option.

Then there's the rest of the NHL where no one will break the bank.

i consulted my knockoff one where everything usually happens the opposite of what comes up.... it told me try again later and then try again later. i gave up.

So wouldn't that mean you should try again right now? Do it! The answer is right there.