New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

What else is left? I don't think there are any NEW options coming out of nowhere. He has had plenty of times to jot down the pros and cons of signing in LA, NJ, and Russia... so is he just sitting there every day going back and forth on where he's going to go?

He's not even going to get his desired pay day in Russia!

one problem could be that it's not 'him'. imagine you're not particularly bright (and i don't think kovalchuk is particularly bright, nothing against him) and you're being told the pros of signing for more money or staying in america. lebron said last night that every day he felt a new team was the right place for him, and i believe that - if you're highly suggestible and pretty easily led, it has to be real difficult to settle.

the amazing thing to me isn't that kovalchuk's taken this long - although kovalchuk may end up signing the longest contract in UFA history, i think the longest so far is 7 or 8 years - it's that no one else has taken this long.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovy has known since he became a Devil that Lou was going to want him, that he was going to be interested in LA, and that the KHL was going to be a big money option when July decided to roll around. This is definitely a series of big decisions for him, but the bottom line is that he's had a lot of time to think about all these factors and these destinations: the only real unknown at the trading deadline was the cash available at each stop. It's not like all this surprised him on July 1st.

If he and the Mrs. didn't have at least one serious discussion about Jersey vs. the Hollywood Hills in April or May then they're both idiots. Or maybe he's so dependent on his agents that he simply isn't capable of standing up to either one of them, or has no interest in making any decisions for himself beyond 'shoot or pass'.

How much do we really know about him...is he more likely to read Scientific American or watch Dora The Explorer in his free time?

one problem could be that it's not 'him'. imagine you're not particularly bright (and i don't think kovalchuk is particularly bright, nothing against him) and you're being told the pros of signing for more money or staying in america. lebron said last night that every day he felt a new team was the right place for him, and i believe that - if you're highly suggestible and pretty easily led, it has to be real difficult to settle.

the amazing thing to me isn't that kovalchuk's taken this long - although kovalchuk may end up signing the longest contract in UFA history, i think the longest so far is 7 or 8 years - it's that no one else has taken this long.

I think he's caught between his wife, his mom and what he wants.

Let's pitty the fool. There's nothing worse than that.

I think we're on the same page here, he's largely an unknown. All I know of him I learned from watching him, and that phony Sam Rosen interview LOL

Isn't Hossa's a 12-year deal?

yes, it is. oops.

Your point still holds, though. If the rumored 17-year deal really is what's on the table, taking Kovy til he's 44, it's substantially larger than a 12-year deal taking Hossa til he's 42. The envelope would be getting pushed.

UFA or not UFA, is DiPietro's 15-year monster still the record?

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm still waiting for the official death toll out of Cleveland after last night's ego show on ESPN.

I was lost in downtown Cleveland last night around ten (looking for a McDonald's of all things...and would you believe it was right around the corner the whole time?) and it was quite tense. Some were depressed but many were furious and the enormous "Lebron in his Cleveland jersey" nike billboard on Ontario street was not a heartwarming presence.

I have a feeling Kovalchuk is ready this evening.

I think he's caught between his wife, his mom and what he wants.

Let's pitty the fool. There's nothing worse than that.

Not true - imagine if you will, being his wife and saying "Gad I love this coffee" and him flipping his lid screaming "FINE! We'll stay here then!! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?" then stomp out of the room -- stomp back in and scream -- "they HAVE coffee in RUssia too you know! But that's not good enough for you is it?" if it's a particularly masculine day (despite having sand in his mangina) he'll smack, throw or otherwise send a full coffee cup flying, shouting "You're a BITCH! A HUGE BITCH!!!!" and stomp off again. :unsure::noclue:

Seriously -- we women can commiserate with how freaky we can be -- but you HAVE to take an objective look at men sometimes -- just as wacked - but with a shorter, incorrect memory so you make stuff up and then get all mad when women can repeat sh!t verbatim and you know they're right but "WHO GIVES A sh!t YOU PSYCHO BITCH?!?!?!?"

Not true - imagine if you will, being his wife and saying "Gad I love this coffee" and him flipping his lid screaming "FINE! We'll stay here then!! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?" then stomp out of the room -- stomp back in and scream -- "they HAVE coffee in RUssia too you know! But that's not good enough for you is it?" if it's a particularly masculine day (despite having sand in his mangina) he'll smack, throw or otherwise send a full coffee cup flying, shouting "You're a BITCH! A HUGE BITCH!!!!" and stomp off again. :unsure::noclue:

Seriously -- we women can commiserate with how freaky we can be -- but you HAVE to take an objective look at men sometimes -- just as wacked - but with a shorter, incorrect memory so you make stuff up and then get all mad when women can repeat sh!t verbatim and you know they're right but "WHO GIVES A sh!t YOU PSYCHO BITCH?!?!?!?"

um did ms hit a nerve there? :unsure:

Edited by newarkdev01

i think he'll be ready when LL has found some cap space that is ready to go with it

I've been waiting for the chance...

cap.jpg

um did ms hit a nerve there?

No no. I just spend a lot of time bashing women as much as you guys. Time to turn the mirror once in a while :evil:

hahaha... Looking at her I can hear it all now

I doo nut know. I like da sun heedr now. De Summairr ees grrreht. But den I tink about all dat snow.... pleess forrr me, tuhdry ageen to git AL EE to agrdee.

Edited by Pepperkorn

]

Here is the pretty little lady who is holding everything up

By the way she is Lithuanian like Zubrus, so he should be putting in a few words also

Considering he might have to be one of the guys shipped out if he signs here?

hahaha... Looking at her I can hear it all now

I doo nut know. I like da sun heerr now. De Summairr ees grrreht. But den I tink about all dat snow.... pleess forrr me, trry ageen to git AL EE to agrree.

:lol: I quietly read this outloud, just to get the full effect..and my coworker overheard me. Awkward..