New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

We get it Kovy...you'd rather contract syphilis, gonohrrea, and clymidia than play for the Devils. Lou, just pull the damn offer already. He's not worth anything near what he's asking for anyway.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just saying if he really wanted to be in LA would waste Lou and Co. time we could have set our priorities elsewhere. It obvious that he wanted to be in LA no matter what. Why listen to our offer when he clearly had his mind set and was pre determined on where he was going to go. Im just saying its valuable time that is wasted

What could the Devils have done with that time? Chasing Kovalchuk sure means the Devs have been as active in looking for ways to clear up cap space....which they still have to do (if you believe they're not done yet), so what did we miss out on??

Love it! If L.L hadn't tried we'd be whining about it, he did try, still whining fans

Edited by cubanjd305

From nhl.com

" If the Kings are finally able to land Kovalchuk, who has 338 goals in 621 NHL games, they would instantly become Stanley Cup contenders. "

Hahaha this is just hilarious. I mean he is high a end player,but is not like if any team get him, the team would magicaly became a strong contender for the cup.

The Kings had a very good, upside year and are only getting better. lots of good young players on defense offense and goaltending... I believe Kovalchuk would definitley help them compete and become true playoff contenders!

from what I saw of the Kings against the Canucks, they're not nearly ready yet. adding Kovalchuk will not help them in the areas they got ripped to shreds in.

this guy is not Crosby or Ovechkin, and one of the two still hasn't won anything yet.

Then why does he want crosby or ovechkin money? (10 million a year) ..... I agree with you he is not crosby or ovechkin which is why he is being greedy demanding such a high contract.

We are a much BETTER TEAM without Kovy.

I think we can be. If we couldve kept Kovalchuk it wouldve been great, but we are probably better off. Just very dissapoited in losing so much for basically nothing but another first round exit!

I look at Kovalchuk as a luxury. We don't need him as much as we need an offensive threat from the blue line. However, I think a lot of people are underestimating the Kings even without Kovalchuk. They have the best chance at being the next Blackhawks, as in a team that has a huge turn around from worst to best in about a 3 - 4 year period.

i don't blame Kovalchuck if he signs with the Kings...they have an awesome young team and LA's a great town.

He'll probably get more endorsement deals especially if he's working with AEG...they probably get him tons of marketing $$$ off the NHL books.

the Devils are in decline, the way things are going... would not be surprised if Parise winds up in Toronto in a couple years.

it's starting to look scary...marty's got a couple years left, then what?

Edited by ice dog

i don't blame Kovalchuck if he signs with the Kings...they have an awesome young team and LA's a great town.

He'll probably get more endorsement deals especially if he's working with AEG...they probably get him tons of marketing $$$ off the NHL books.

the Devils are in decline, the way things are going... would not be surprised if Parise winds up in Toronto in a couple years.

So maybe he's worried that the Devs will become another Atlanta.

Great. Now I'm all sad.

Harbinger alert:

Just had a great omen for the Devils to start my day.

The coffee vendor in lower Manhattan that I get my daily coffee fix from served my large coffee in a QuickChek DEVILS cup this morning.

That means KOVY is officially gone and we can focus on winning again.

Ugh you know what? He probably isn't going to sign there. It's just another piece of news that will keep us glued to the computer all damn day... with the way things are going, we probably won't even hear anything today.

But remember, LA is three hours behind. They probably won't even get talks or a meeting underway until 11-12 Eastern time.

Ugh you know what? He probably isn't going to sign there. It's just another piece of news that will keep us glued to the computer all damn day... with the way things are going, we probably won't even hear anything today.

But remember, LA is three hours behind. They probably won't even get talks or a meeting underway until 11-12 Eastern time.

Clearly LA is where Kovy wants to play. How many times do the Kings have to say "nyet", before Grossman has to beg for them to take him and his expensive contract.

Let him go.

From nhl.com

" If the Kings are finally able to land Kovalchuk, who has 338 goals in 621 NHL games, they would instantly become Stanley Cup contenders. "

Hahaha this is just hilarious. I mean he is high a end player,but is not like if any team get him, the team would magicaly became a strong contender for the cup.

They absolutely would become a contending team. Very youg, very talented team, adding a 40-50 goal scorer. The only thing standing in the way is whether, as some critics claim, Kovy doesn't play "the right" way, and can never learn how.

If it weren't for Zach just being awesome, I would trade the Devils roster for the Kings in a heart beat.

They absolutely would become a contending team. Very youg, very talented team, adding a 40-50 goal scorer. The only thing standing in the way is whether, as some critics claim, Kovy doesn't play "the right" way, and can never learn how.

If it weren't for Zach just being awesome, I would trade the Devils roster for the Kings in a heart beat.

On a deep, contending team.. I don't think Kovy would touch 50 goals or get relatively close.

Kopitar might be the most underrated player in the NHL right now. He was off to a blazing start last year before his wingers started getting hurt. If he can figure out a way to stay at that level, and have Kovalchuk on his wing, he'll post big numbers - and Kovy will certainly be able to flirt with 50 goals.

It's probably just me, but I think Kovalchuk on a DEEP and CONTENDING team would be a 40 goal, 40 assist guy that is worth somewhere between 5-7 mil. LA and NJ are not Atlanta. He is not going to be THE goal scorer. He is going to have to learn how to be responsible in his own end on either team. If he wants to be THE show, he can go to Russia.