New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

One other thing to consider is that Rolston becomes a healthy scratch on a somewhat regular basis, with the hope of giving him the message loud and clear so he has an extra incentive to waive his NTC. He's probably given every chance to succeed early on, but after that, who knows...

don't see this as an issue - trading rolston has much more to do with finding a willing dance partner than it does his NTC. when a player knows he'll be embarrassed and isn't wanted, they'll waive it.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langs isn't moving down to the third line. He'll most likely stay with 9 and 19 on the first line. If he gets bumped to third line his attitude would be even worse than it already has been.

Then it's time for him to go. If he can't come to grips with the fact that he's not a top line forward anymore than it's his fault.

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I'm more concerened about a puck moving D anyway.

PMD should be #1 on the list but I still think we need help on the right.

Parise-Zajac-$$$$$

Elias-Arnott-Zubrus

Rolston-Pelley-Langenbruner

PL3-Jofeson-Zharkov

Kaberle-Greene

Voly-White

Tallinder-Urborn

That's what I'm hoping for. $$$$ means we use the money we were gonna spend on Kovy on Kaberle and a top line RW.

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I'm more concerened about a puck moving D anyway.

I don't see Arnie & Clarkson on the same line.

Elias-Arnie-Rolston

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

I assume thiswhole Kovy thing is holding Lou up from making any more moves right now, but the good thing is that the whole kovy thing is preventing anyone else from making any moves as well. Still a decent group of FA Wingers and at least a small handfull of defensemen.

Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!

He went Happy Go Jackel on him like a Donkey eating a Waffle!

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

I just found out about them a couple weeks ago. They are delicious. As for him signing, expect? No. But a boy can dream, a boy can dream...

Well I was hoping this would end by the time I leave for work at 1...but I guess the time differences make that next to impossible. Oh well. I'll be checking twitter a lot today on my phone.

Edited by mmajeski06

We are a much BETTER TEAM without Kovy.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid Manta.

We get it Kovy...you'd rather contract syphilis, gonohrrea, and clymidia than play for the Devils.

:lol:

Could be that Lou isn't willing to throw out the cash and New Jersey's income and property taxes are enough to keep ANYONE away.

Would you imagine that Newark NJ is the most expensive city in the country to own and operate a business? It's true! This state stinks with those financial issues.

And Cali is any better?

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.

Must get Chocolate Cheerios...I hate you for this.

And Lou's obsession with never getting Niedermayer'ed again continues ...

:lol::clap:

Edited by ben00rs

I have to admit, there was a part of me that was seduced by landing the big fish. But I'm tired of this prima donna. I hope the Devils are not selling their soul to get this guy. I know we have to change our style a bit, but we shouldn't bend over backwards for this guy.

Ilya Kovalchuk, will you please go now?

Kovy on this team is still somewhat of a risk. I think our players would still need time to adjust to him in the beginning of the season. Like I said many posts before Devils hockey isn't a good fit for these big name goal scorers. We play more of a team game where roles are assigned. I think that's what really bugs Kovy a lot about Jersey. If he plays in jersey his production would be diminished. Not significantly but enough to bother Kovy. Plus our players would have to adjust to constantly deferring to Kovy to score all the time.

I wish it would work. I'd love to see them tie up a fortune in two wings and a goalie.

Yeah, but I don't want to have to listen to their fans brag about how they knew he "bled blue" from the start.

Though it would be interesting to see how him and Avery would handle being on the same team.

Plus our players would have to adjust to constantly deferring to Kovy to score all the time.

You can't have a good team playing this way. I have never seen a good team do this. Even the most talented teams have to play well together and pay the price to win.

I agree with your post, by the way. He doesn't want to be here.

If Kovy signs with the Kings I would love for the Devils to develop a team good enough so that we can meet them multiple times in the cup finals and become rivals with them.

If Kovy signs with LA its highly unlikely they will make it to the finals. I don't see us EVER being rivals with them based on the scheduling.